If DBG doesn't suspend <CAF>...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gladiatoreq, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gladiatoreq Elder

Then there's no reason a rotation should exist at all. You said you would guildwide suspend for violations of the rotation.

<CAF> was warned by tells that they were not allowed to engage Lady Vox. They engaged and killed her prior to the FFA period beginning, clearly in violation of the rules.

If we don't see a guildwide suspension, might as well return to 100% FFA.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
  2. Gregolo Augur

I personally feel a guild wide suspension is incredibly asinine. But obviously some sort of reprimand is necessary for people who willingly take part in the breaking of the rotation.
  3. Gemstones Journeyman

Just remove all the loot they won. That's the best way.
  4. Precognition New Member

Guildwide suspension was the penalty stated from the beginning in order to ensure that the rotation was upheld. There is no grey area on the statements made by the devs prior to the implementation of the rotation.
  5. gladiatoreq Elder

It doesn't really matter how you feel. They said on numerous occasions that they would guildwide suspend guilds in violation. Whether or not this is the right course of action doesn't really matter, because if this isn't handled appropriately, there's no reason to believe subsequent infractions will be.
  6. Precognition New Member

My guess is that the loot will have been sold or transferred off the server long before any actions are taken against the rotation's violators.
  7. Gregolo Augur

It does matter how both I, yourself and others feel. There's no need to be hostile about it. It's our community. Let's phrase it this way, I would be disappointed if they actually pulled the guild wide suspension card. They could have a member who's been gone for a month, just tried to log in only to realize that he's suspended for N days. Which if you cannot see the ridiculousness of that, I'm not sure what to say.

The offending party, is a subset of the guild. Nothing more. Punishment should not only fit the crime, but only be administered to people who actually took place in it's course. Make the punishment as severe as necessary. But punishing those that did not commit the offense is, put bluntly. An act of ignorance.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  8. gladiatoreq Elder

I'm not saying it's not ridiculous. I'm saying that's what they said they would do and if they do otherwise, there's no reason to take any "official" statement seriously. It was posted on forums, in the MOTD, etc.
  9. Gregolo Augur

We'll see what happens. I wouldn't ready the pitchforks and light the torches just yet. There's a story here, that much is obvious.
  10. Vaclav Augur

Gotta agree with Greg here - I imagine Daybreak meant that warning of guildwide suspension as "up to and including" not a basic "IF Break THEN Suspend".

It does suck that someone broke the rotation immediately after it was signed WITH being warned though.

Definitely should get the worst case scenario punishment for a first offense for sure. Whatever that is precisely, Daybreak.
  11. Liquid Augur

Regardless. It will be interesting to actually see the outcome and if they are serious about the consequences. Pretty much could alter the server in a profound way and ruin a lot of hard work by many individuals.
  12. Armajong New Member

What happened?
  13. gladiatoreq Elder

They engaged and killed Lady Vox (early) after being warned that she was not in the FFA window several times. They were warned via tells prior to the fight, during the fight, etc. and proceeded to kill it.
  14. Precognition New Member

This is why a game should not limit something that it cannot control. Building a raiding commune is never what this game was about, and it is nearly impossible to create a fair punishment for something that cannot be fully accounted for all of the time. There was always going to be someone who tested the resolve of DBG on this. By breaking the rotation they are either under the assumption that they are untouchable, or they are calling the bluff of DBG on the enforcement of the policies set in place. It should also be pointed out that CT was pulled early, and that the early pull played in the favor of the guild who killed it.
  15. Finley Augur

No, that is not the best way, if False Prophecy was up (I think I saw my brother was watching a stream of someone from the guild in Perma... not 100% sure if it was theirs) then False Prophecy should be given the loot.

Additional punitive measures should be taken on CAF besides taking away their loot. If taking away the loot is the only punishment it opens up for a guild to jack spawns as harassment with little repercussion.

I'm not part of the council that is manning the current rotation, but the leaders of the guilds that are can also punish CAF by suspending them from joining the current new rotation for whatever they determine to be an appropriate amount of time.
  16. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

I wasn't on and don't know the specifics, but if it was broken did anyone petition or /guidehelp before posting a thread here?
  17. Marthisdil Augur

There's a lot of stuff out here with little facts.

As I understand from asking folks on the rotation, Vox spawned, it was FPs. Apparently FP engaged with low numbers, and failed. And handed the mob over to CAF.

However, per the old rotation rules, since it was a gatekeeper attempt by FP (as they aren't on the current rotation that ends at 9est tonight), they didn't have standing to trade/give it up to another guild, and as such, the mob would have had to been up at the end of the 3 hour period to go FFA before anyone else could engage it.

Not taking any sides here, but from what I can gather, that's how things went down.
  18. Leche New Member

Just to Clarify FP was the guild listed for Vox We received a tell from FP leadership telling us they did not have the Force to kill Vox and allowing us to mobilize and kill her. No rotation rules were violated.
  19. Finley Augur

Well if that is true, both guilds are in violation of the rules correct? There should be some sort of punishment to show that there will be repercussions, but guildwide bans seems like it might be out of place.
  20. Antonico Journeyman

Edit: Thank you for <CAF> for explaining the situation, it can look bad from the outside. I would have expected that people posting about <CAF> violating the rules would have been from the transgressed guild not a 3rd party. Please limit yourself and let the guild leaders take care of this issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.