Ragefire Rotation Discussion 8/7/15 -- 5PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dojii, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Osgz Lorekeeper

Well honestly is the damn thing even going to happen there has been no post by Dojii since his initial post. Did he get suspended? does he even give a ? I have posted questions 5 times in this thread and still no answer from the OP'r. So far i have no confidence this will even happen.
  2. Abracadabra Augur

It's still going to happen, we'll (TL) be there anyways. I think Thalanos is leading the discussion as a third party (Unless this changed as of last night?). I think all guilds in the discussion should come up with a list of things they would like to discuss on behalf of their own guild. That way we can work towards the middle afterwards.
  3. Osgz Lorekeeper

Thank you Abracadabra! Appreciate it.
  4. Sagnid Augur

This looks lile a well written agenda. The Last Guardian will also be in attedence.
  5. Marthisdil Augur

1st point of discussion, before any guilds ask their questions:

"Gynx, why did you arbitrarily change the gatekeeper mobs on the current rotation without the other guilds having voted on it?"

Secondly:

"Why hasn't rule #9 been implemented in the rules yet?"

After that, then we can start.
    Ethereal likes this.
  6. Bufonidae Elder

Wait... you want to start the meeting by grilling someone about rule changes without other guilds having input, AND you're insisting that a rule be changed without other guilds having input?
  7. Sagnid Augur

You are leaving out key points of his post to fuel your troll post.

Both of his issues will be addressed I am sure
  8. Bufonidae Elder

Maybe I read it wrong... I'll assume I did, but to me it seems like a counter productive way to start a meeting where the goal is to reach a consensus.
  9. Aekold Augur

Are you insane, or just being intentionally obtuse because you don't want to admit you were wrong? This game is, actually, not a privilege. This game is run by a for-profit company who (ideally) turns a profit on it. That's why this game exists still and Vanguard is dead, not because Sony decided that some people didn't have the right to pay to enjoy their game. Please take your ridiculous analogies, poor grasp of the issues at hand, and complete irrelevance somewhere else.
  10. Ethereal Augur

I agree. This issue needs to be hammered out first.

Second, as per GM input, all discussions pertaining to the rotation should be discussed on the ragefire forums, where the masses are unable to post. If you wish to add changes, go through your guild leader/officers. No real reason to discuss this IMO, as it was already suggested by a GM that this should be the route we take. I don't see a point in discussing how guild leaders or officer conduct themselves on these forums, or really any other forum. If someone wishes to look stupid, let them.

Open raids = joint raids = alliances. All could arguably fall under the same category. If you allow one of these, the others should be allowed. All should be discussed at the same time. (during 3. Amend the current rotation.)
  11. Orpheuus Journeyman

This is supposed to be a classic to semi-classic gaming experience....
    but the server population is higher than normal...specially in the early days.
    The demand on raid targets is high and will possibly skyrocket with more guilds being rotated in.
    Can adjusting the spawn timers on raid targets for faster spawns possibly be a quick fix?
    And does anyone think the GM's could agree and do this for us ?

Maybe after a while a re-adjustment of the timers might be in order due to More content to explore.

I know negotiations will be possibly difficult,and i can't help to think that faster spawn times could solve many problems for everyone involved.
  12. BigDBeeIcanteven New Member

Phinny can spawn up to 6 times a day. This is too many to bother with a rotation. Right now Phinny is already in high demand among active players and usually dies within an hour of being up. Just yesterday he was up for a whole hour and a half with the mage epic staff. I think you would be surprised just how many robes of the kedge are floating around the server. How many Kedge Backbones even I have in my toons' banks (it's 3). For an interesting perspective, see what p99 is having trouble with right now regarding Vindi:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204858

tldr; No one is interested in maintaining a rotation on it because it would really really suck to enforce.
  13. Korillo Augur

The respawn times are already quite quick, always less than 2 days. Asking for even quicker spawn rates is pretty silly. That's less than half of what it used to be, and classic usually had 4-6 guilds rotating, so even if there were 8-12 guilds in a rotation it would still be a "similar experience".

If you're going to decide on sharing mobs, then share - you can't have it both ways, pretty greedy imo.
  14. Orpheuus Journeyman

From what i hear from others, the server population is much larger than 'classic'
    Someone good at math might be able to crunch some numbers.
    I haven't had an opportunity to share many mobs, my guild is one of the few to contest DPS races and consistently come up empty handed. I can't have it both ways?

I can't help but feel you mistake me for someone else.

Orpheuus (Cleric) <Apokalypsis>

I hope this clears up which group to bash when i post.
  15. Korillo Augur

Apologies if you thought I was "bashing" you, I was simply disagreeing. The population may be higher, I do not know the numbers but I think it's safe to say it's definitely higher than it was in classic. That being said, not everyone is raiding, and I was simply saying that in classic guilds were rotating mobs on a 3 day + 24 hour variance spawn (and it might have been longer in classic? I don't recall) with 4-6 guilds usually in the rotation.

That is 2-3 kills a month at best. With the current rotation, every guild is getting far more opportunities than that. Even if more guilds get added, it's still very reasonable, so increasing the spawn rates of the mobs is not an issue in my opinion.
  16. Greymere Augur

The problem with increasing the spawn window further becomes not just how those changes impact things in era but in additional expansion eras, where the drops are still relevant.

Cutting the respawn window in half as they have done is a more than reasonable change to reflect the larger population and accelerated time in era. The fact that Ragefire chose to open Kunark and likely future expansions faster will make the content less available in era, but that was how players wanted it and having loot be more scarce in era will be the end result via rotations.
  17. Bufonidae Elder

I wont argue that a full rotation is needed, but some kind of courtesy system would be nice... say if a guild killed him last, maybe let him be up for a short time to give another guild have a shot before engaging again, an hour or two should be more than fair. It's just real easy for a guild to lock down a mob like this that the whole server (non rotation guilds included) needs.
  18. Ethereal Augur

In before someone says at the meeting today, "________ because TL will get more mobs if we do this!".
  19. Jaime Lannister Augur

WTB Livestream of these negotiations
    #transparency

... but really I'm bored and want something to watch.
    Osgz likes this.
  20. Osgz Lorekeeper

^^^^^^^^^^^ this so i can make popcorn