Optimizing not exploiting pickzones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by fazool, Aug 6, 2015.

1. fazool Augur

I'm not talking about raid instancing - this is about pickzone instancing.

There is always someone camping a named mob or maybe just in a different timezone, playing into the wee hours. This creates an interesting side-effect.

In the evening, Lower Guk gets pretty crowded and three or four pickzones are spawned. The population moves around and spreads out, with 20-30 players in each pickzone.

A handful of people come and got but someone is usually always there, so those pickzones don't collapse. Then the pickzones are in place and empty - ripe for the picking.

I get up in the morning and check while having my coffee and I find four pickzones, each with only 4 or 5 players in them. I've done this several days in a row so it's a pretty steady effect.

You can basically have 4 or 5 empty zones to farm. Those players still there form last night are typically semi-afk so its easy to farm a few named mobs, /pick over, farm some more, rinse and repeat.
  2. Ducreux Augur

What's your point?
    Barton likes this.
  3. fazool Augur

I don't have to have a point - I could be just making conversation.
  4. Recnarp Augur

I kinda wish /pick warped you back to the zone in instead of keeping your current position, but I doubt that's a popular opinion.
  5. Laronk Augur

I think thats how it should work, /pick should in addition make you cast a 30 second channeled spell
  6. Kylo Elder

I wish everything is instance really. There are some bot army or people that perma camp a name for 24+ hours. Like last night I came to a camp and ask to be in line after waiting for 3 hours of waiting a bot army come in out of no where and took the camp away from me because he is friend with the guy that camp the name before me. I can't do anything and leave.
  7. Batbener Augur

I wish they said F it with instancing and pick zone, and just made more servers..
  8. rick Augur

I hate instances to be honest ..

WoW did everything instanced and eventually even the main world had sections you couldn't see if you hadn't completed X or whatever ..

IT IS AN MMO massive multiplayer online..

sadly many can't seem to figure out or were never taught how to play nice and/or how to share..

it is for this reason i pity GMs and DEVs .. they make a game or run a game and then have to spend every waking hour holding hands with people...
  9. Kylo Elder

they make everything instance starting from POP and up. nobody is holding anyone hand. i bet you say that is because you are the one with 20 mage bot and a rmt
  10. rick Augur

I will bet you I am NOT ..

IF you feel the need to be caustic MAYBE you shouldn't be posting as you need to relax
  11. Aneuren Tempered Steel

This was called phasing. I thought it was very overused in WoW but there were definitely some areas where it was implemented to great success.

I'll never forget the one quest in WotLK where you saved the dying soldier from becoming part of the Scourge. That area had phasing, but it was very limited, and the storyline itself was amazing. When you saved the soldier he would never appear at that spot again, which I found very immersive.
  12. Vitali New Member

ITT I learned that if I am against instancing I must be a 20 boxing RMTer