Agenda - 8/7/15 Ragefire Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gladiatoreq, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gladiatoreq Elder

Hello all.

I've spent some time preparing a document to guide the discussion that will take place tomorrow. It is 100% unbiased, and includes all proposals found on the forums, the current rotation sheet, and from the last guild leader summit.

If you would like to see any changes to the agenda, please add them to comments or post below.

I hope that this will aid in the discussions tomorrow and make Ragefire a more enjoyable place to raid.

http://tinyurl.com/RFAgendaAug7

Thank you.
  2. Radloh Lorekeeper

Who are you?
  3. Marthisdil Augur

First thing on the agenda should be:

"Gynx, please explain your arbitrarily changing the gatekeeper mobs on the current rotation without the other guilds having voted."

The second should be:

"Gynx, why hasn't proposed rule #9 been implemented in the rules list? You essentially have 3 yes votes and one guild who hasn't voted. Odds are the 5th guild on the rotation would vote yes on it as well."

Then things can move on from there.
  4. Krysanth Elder

what a joke this has all become
    Sheex likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I keep being reminded of the South Park Kindergarten election, where by the end the kids realize "this entire thing is stupid" and go fingerpaint.
    Elkay and Batbener like this.
  6. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

These are valid questions, but I think the questions are more important from a principle standpoint than a we-must-have-an-answer-to-this standpoint.

I'd prefer that this remain a business meeting, rather than a trial. It may be necessary to reference points of contention for the purpose of making decisions, but these aren't answers I need to help me make those decisions; raising the questions has been sufficient.
  7. Bufonidae Elder

I hope that a few additional points will be considered at some point in the discussion. Specifically I hope that:
    -Phinney can be addressed (He's gonna be in HUGE demand shortly, 4 different class epics require his drops)
    -Something is worked out to enable some open raids. (Holly's 'Casuals shouldn't get to kill Naggy' comment really bugged me.)

I also hope those at the meeting are considering rotation possibilities besides the main two on the table. This suggestion was made in another thread...

If the day were divided into 3 blocks of 8 hrs, the EU prime time block would be something like 3pm to 11pm EU time. That would be the 9am to 5pm time slot in EST. The North American prime time would wind up being 5pm to 1am EST, (2pm to 10pm PST) everyone is covered. That would leave a block that's late night in NA, and morning and early afternoon EU time, for the guilds with 24 hour playtimes to enjoy a little bigger share of mobs. Let guilds sign up for 1, 2 or all three blocks and mix in say every Sunday and Wednesday as FFA days for the guilds that enjoy the races.

*All times and days are examples and would be worked out by the guilds involved.

This suggestion seems to make allowances for the EU players, the 24 hour guilds, and offers a middle ground in the amount of FFA time available.
    Genoane likes this.
  8. gladiatoreq Elder

Added each of your concerns.
    Bufonidae likes this.
  9. -wycca Augur

Should not be a trial, should be productive.

The agenda should, after all, not be a straight jacket.

If we're proposing alternatives, then less complex is good. There is a valid criticism in the 8 guild plan on progression of guilds. From casual raiding to the most competitive. So here's one that adds an extra step for a guild to give a try on. This is a personal idea, not a TL one.

Variant 1 -
    The 8-guild plan - the 12hr FFA window could easily just be 1 day FFA (12hrs), and the next day EQ Gods - /random 10min after spawn - you get 1hr from then to engage or 1 wipe, (regen to 100%), then FFA.

Guilds, after all, should have something to shoot for - improving themselves, their mobilization time, organization, etc. Doing it by day instead of per mob would help with potentially scheduling an EQ Gods day, and would allow guilds to see it on the weekend, instead of needing to see it every day of the week. Ie, there could be 5 guilds ready to go on a Sat EQ Gods day, but 2-3 on a Tuesday one. Sign-ups and strict rotations in these times wouldn't allow this behavior.

Steps in guilds expanding their total raid mobs would go like this -
    1) Your primetime
    2) Both primetimes
    3) Both primetimes + EQ Gods day
    4) Both primetimes + EQ Gods day + FFA

Variant 2 -

Keep FFA as is. Add a 1 mob lockout. Kill Vox, get a lockout. Can't kill next unless it sits up for 1hr. Repeat for every mob.

Once again, other interested guilds get a chance, but it's not some sort of 3hr snoozefest and it's less administratively complex
  10. RadarX Augur

This probably doesn't need it's own thread. Closing her up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.