DEVS answer us on BUFFS!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xenyn, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Xenyn Lorekeeper

With the buffs already rolled out every single thing was buffed.. even the mini namers in hate, what do small guilds do? The new changes in Kunark have buffed nearly every single mob, and almost all the epic mobs, this is just stupid.

Make these changes and people will be happy:

the only buffed mobs in classic should be:

Vox
    Nagy
    Cazic
    Inny
    Phinny
    (plane of sky bosses, but more like a 1.5 or 2x buff not this idiotic 3x increase)

Before you argue that PoS was the best gear, was supposed to be impossible etc, that does not hold water. I can go to clan runneye and get a Better neck than any item in sky. A ring from noble Djorn beats all items in game for a ring for just because of the effects. the moment they left these in it negated the previous argument.

the only mobs in Kunark that should be buffed are the following:

Sev
    Gore
    Talendar
    Faydedar
    Venril Sathir
    Trak
    All of veeshans peak.

Can we get an answer to anything about these buffs? we all know you guys just made the buff, never tested it, and applied it to "almost" all the namers that were deemed raid targets with 0 forethought. These changes would not take a long time, and would benefit the community.
    Simone likes this.
  2. Steampunk Augur

Only partially true. Some people will be happy because of it. Some people will be unhappy and threaten to unsubscribe because of it. Some people will be unhappy and threaten to unsubscribe in spite of it. Some people will be unhappy and threaten to unsubscribe.... just because.

"We" do not know any such thing. Obviously, you and almost certainly others believe this, but your belief does not make it a fact, let alone a well-known fact.
  3. Simone Augur

If they aren't going to bother actually testing the buffs they are putting out there; they shouldn't be buffing mobs period. I would rather they revert the bosses to their normal state and scrap the buffing idea entirely. On classic most mobs are buffed to the point where it's just easier to pet wall them which really isn't fun for anyone.

People want to play progression server EverQuest, they didn't sign up for revamped EverQuest, hardmode EverQuest or MageQuest. We just want them to fix the game and not change the game.

If they continue with this buffing nonsense on Velious content and beyond I will probably rethink this whole progression server thing. I like to play warrior because I like to tank. As things currently stand I should have played a mage. Raiding as it stands now isn't really that fun anyone especially melee classes.
    Drexll likes this.
  4. Steampunk Augur

Do you know for certain that they did not test the buffs? Or do you believe it? Or do you believe someone else who believes it?

I'm afraid that is an easily disproved statement. Look back through this forum for the past couple of months. Just about every single thing about the game has had one or more suggestion to be changed in some way.
  5. Simone Augur

Do you know for certain that they did test them? It seems pretty obvious that they didn't test the buffs otherwise the mobs wouldn't be so unreasonably overpowered.
  6. Finley Augur

Basically the thought process should be is if it has something tradeable that is worth a lot, and magician box armies are going to lock it down, it should ideally be buffed enough to prevent this from happening/

It's not magicians, or box armies that is the problem. It's not even the fact that it is usually a single player. It's that they disrespect the entire server by locking mobs down completely rather than just taking occasionally.

I don't know if Chardok Royals are a good buff target, but I'd hate to be a cleric or warrior stuck on my epic because a box army camped out at the spawn locations logs in every few hours with it perfectly timed and snipes them. Honestly I hope on the next progression server they just switch all loot from raid targets to No Trade.
  7. Aekold Augur

It's a very easy inference to make that the buffed mobs were not tested as they did not appear on the Test server and were blanket applied to every mob deemed a 'raid target' with no other adjustments made to those mob mechanics. If there had been any forethought or testing done, Nagafen, Master Yael, and Thunder Spirit Princess, and Avatar of Abhorrence wouldn't have received the exact same buff blanket applied to them.
    Simone likes this.
  8. Xenyn Lorekeeper

So they need to buff: Noble lord Djarn, Lord Picklaw, Battlewizard, and Battlelord, all of lower guk dead side, (north of safe hall) every mob in the hole that drops loam, the heirophant in seb, tolumpumj (however its spelled) and the list goes on and on.
    Simone likes this.
  9. Simone Augur

They should just nerf mages.
  10. Finley Augur

I'm talking armies, like 18-36, not 6 character box groups
  11. Steampunk Augur

Nope, I don't know they did any more than you know they didn't.
  12. Simone Augur

You aren't even making an argument; only a contradiction. Furthermore you present no evidence to support your claim that they did test the buffs whereas those of use who are sure they didn't test the buffs can point to totally unrelated mobs in different zones that have the exact same buff.
  13. Xenyn Lorekeeper

you do realize that the most capable raid force now is just 3 of these "armies" teamed up right?
  14. Steampunk Augur

As I have told others in other posts, since you obviously have all the answers, why don't you go and open up your own online MMORPG studio and show us all how it should be done.
  15. Detheb Augur

To test these buffs, and to think they were ok, they would have had to find 70+ level 50 characters. Their staff isn't even 50 deep anymore. Considering NOONE has said they helped test these mobs for DBG. Its a safe assumption that they didn't find 72-80 random people to log into EQ and try each classic/kunark raid mob.

Just like evolution, we all know that they didn't test it, just because we can't say 100% without a doubt that they didn't, doesn't mean they did.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Steampunk Augur

There is no evidence that they did test them. There is no evidence that they didn't test them. Your "evidence" is speculation and suspicion.
  17. Sagnid Augur

Don't nerf plane of sky until after my Cleric has a full set of Golden Efreeti armor please. Having no one compete on Efreeti cycle is so good.
  18. Simone Augur

Except there is evidence as provided by many posters in this very thread. You on the other hand have provided zero evidence to the contrary.
  19. Xenyn Lorekeeper

please leave the discussion or at least add something meaningful. Currently you are in preschool troll mode.
    Simone likes this.
  20. Tudadar Augur

I was disappointed hate mini's were upgraded so much. I thought this was the top of the 1-2 group non hardcore game. They need to make sure groupers still have a chance at some good targets.
    Simone likes this.