Won't instances raids? Then do this and keep subscribers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nydan_silent, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Nydan_silent Journeyman

All the arguments about the rotation are due to the variance. Eliminate it completely. Make the raid targets spawn at the exact same time everyday reguardless of when theu were killed last. Each guild has 22 hours to kill it. Arguments about prime time slots go away. Arguments about leaving mobs up to long and lowering the total kills/drops on the server go away. Each guild has their target and a standard raid time they can schedule. 99% of people are happy except for the people that want to "race" for "competition".

I'm sure glad no other competition in the rest of the world falls under this kind of rules. Can you imagine the super bowl starting at some random time that no one knew ahead of time? Gotta be ready from 6pm on Friday until 8pm Sunday night. Lmao...
  2. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

Agreed. With rotations now being enforced, there is no need for variance. It is only detrimental.
    Vaclav, MaestroM and Jaxarale01 like this.
  3. Canik Augur

Indeed. And keep the rule that 3 hours up and the mob goes FFA. That way the guilds that want there competition can still have it. Guilds can prepare for their spawns, then succeed or fail to thier own abilities.
  4. Elkay Augur

This is the most "ghetto" form of instancing the raids. It's effectively doing it, minus actually coding or strong-enforcing anything.

But agreed - the variance has no purpose now besides being a nuissance and keeping that "sit around doing nothing in game" element alive.
    Vaclav, MaestroM and Jaxarale01 like this.
  5. Nydan_silent Journeyman

No, the rule has to change to 22 hours not 3. That way the euro players and prime time players can schedule a raid when they want too.
  6. Canik Augur

If the mobs were on a timed spawn, it could be timed to spawn in your prime time, for your rotation. You would then be able to prepare your guild to be there ready when it spawns, and have 3 hours to take it down. If you know the moment it would spawn, and it was timed to spawn during your prime time, the only thing stopping you from taking it down would be you.
  7. Nydan_silent Journeyman

That's more work to code if DBG has to change the time based on whose turn it is. Easier to just code one time and leave it.
  8. taliefer Augur

if the mob is guaranteed to spawn at the same time, everyday, there would be no need to have a 3 hour window. as long as its killed before its spawn time comes up again, all is good.

if the mob is still up, say, 4 hours before its spawn time it could go FFA then as i think 20 hours is plenty of time for euros or any time zone to kill a mob if its set to spawn at like 5 pst or somethin.

not sure i like this idea or not, but it does solve most of the problems on a cursory glance.
  9. HonorablePally Lorekeeper

This is obviously Apok or an RoE account posting.

Keep spawns random so they keep failing at overnight targets
  10. Nydan_silent Journeyman

Yes I'm in ROE. So what? That makes the idea bad?

I'm not an officer. I don't speak for the guild. I speak for myself. I have never liked the random spawn times. I work a professional 9 to 5 job and like to sleep through the night since its not healthy to wake up at random hours.
  11. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

How ... honorable of you ...........
  12. Porygon Augur

This actually...isn't a bad idea.
    Elkay and Jaxarale01 like this.
  13. Lifebane Augur

I have been advocating this for a while. It would allow guilds to schedule their raids, and make spawn tracking/policing much easier on all parties. It would essentially solve the "instanced raids" problem as the OP said.
    Antonico likes this.
  14. Jaxarale01 Augur

Very nice, short of instancing which they wont do this would help tremendously IMO.
    Antonico and Elkay like this.
  15. Gemstones Journeyman

Maybe krono should be allowed to spawn another instance outside rotation. Say, 1 krono (for example), given to some NPC at zone in would automatically transport you to a new instance created for your guild, allow 2 wipes. Cut down the rot timer. Win Win. :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  16. Nydan_silent Journeyman

That's buying loot. Just cut out the middlean and buy a box of nagefan loot. I don't think anyone wants that.
  17. Batbener Augur

As a current non raider, I like this idea. I would like to see some FFA slots though, and having the mob spawn at exactly the same time would be bad for that. Maybe guarantee the mob spawns between 2am and noon each day, and each guild has until midnight, after which it's a FFA. And 2 days a week it's a FFA. This allows the competitive guilds their chance to compete, and the non competitive guilds to get a kill once a week.

You could also vary the window of the different mobs to change any advantage.
  18. skattabrainz Augur

not a bad idea.... even better of an idea when more targets are available.

addendum. make the ffa period start 3-4 hours after the scheduled guild's stated start time (guilds can post their start time on the same spreadsheet they sign up for mobs) to allow for a wipe or 2, but not a whole night of fruitless head banging.
  19. Detheb Augur

How about everything spawns at the exact same time, every day. Everything is FFA. You can have your entire raid sitting on the mob ready to go an hour before hand, ready to dps race away! But let me guess, that doesn't suit your guild?
  20. Nydan_silent Journeyman

I don't speak for my guild. I speak for myself. I don't like dps racing. I played on pvp servers in 1999 and if that's what I wanted today I would go back to pvp. Then we could dps race for real.