alliance/benevolence line

Discussion in 'Casters' started by noudess, Aug 3, 2015.

1. noudess New Member

New to chanters.

Do these spells generate agro ever or do they just fail sometimes based on level?
  2. RPoo Augur

these spells increase your faction with whatever faction the npc is on that you cast it on. depending on your faction, it might be a noticeable gain, or not. And if you agro anything from that faction, it negates the alliance buff you casted as if it never happened, back to square one.
  3. svann Augur

IDK about enchanters, but bard faction song is pretty much worthless after velious iirc.
  4. Eriadoc Elder

Collaboration is marginally useful, sort of. I cast it on the animals in Caverns, for example, and they are no longer KOS. Until I wrecked my faction in Kael, I was able to bump myself up high enough to where they would talk to me and give quests and such. Before I did The Missing scroll quest, I'd illusion DE and do collaboration and run around non-KOS everywhere in N4th. It's not something that's used very often, but it's one more tool in the toolbox.
    Silv likes this.
  5. Silv Augur

It'd be nice if it worked in PoWar :D
    Silentchaos and RPoo like this.
  6. noudess New Member

Original question not answered. Does the spell ever cause agro (like when resisted)? Also does it work on merchants?
  7. Silv Augur

No; Yes. Questions answered. :)

The spell cannot be resisted. If the mob can't be allianced you will just get a "will not take hold" message.
  8. noudess New Member

Have an idea why some mobs can't be allianced with?
  9. Silv Augur

Either intentional blocking by developers (such as in PoWar because they don't want you cheating the faction) or sometimes some mobs just can't be cast on period. Both of those are pretty rare and I doubt you'll run into many mobs that you can't Alliance/Benev.
  10. Eriadoc Elder

Usually the typical "here's a spell, now good luck using it" mentality from developers. FWIW, I run into a fair number of mobs that throw the message at you, but there's usually some mob floating around nearby on the same faction that can be cast upon, so not typically a big deal.
  11. Silentchaos Augur

Used it to request pillars tasks towards the end of my tear grind.
    RPoo likes this.