Ragefire Rotation Discussion 8/7/15 -- 5PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dojii, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Dojii Augur

Greetings citizens of Ragefire,

In an effort to come to an agreement on a Ragefire Rotation, Guild leaders are encouraged to come together and will be hosting a council and discussion on Friday August 7th at 5pm PST. We would like to go over some new information and see exactly where Guilds are in disagreement and address how we can find a middle ground so that we all come to an agreement before any new rotation is adopted.

We anticipate these discussions may take time as there is currently strong disagreement on key aspects. However the sooner we can all come to agreement, the sooner we can get immersed and start enjoying our time together as Guilds and Friends. So please Guild Leaders if you can EQ Mail me (CTRL+E) @ Ragefire.Dojii and let me know that you'll be attending.

We have some serious discussion to do! Thanks again.

Also Guild Leaders please register @ http://www.ragefireforums.com/forums/
    So we can all be added to a channel for discussions.
  2. Aekold Augur

Too bad an agreement was already reached and a new rotation adopted. It's a shame you didn't deign to participate.
  3. Antonico Journeyman

Basically sounds like DBG is leaving it in his hands. Otherwise, the "new" rotation would have been stickied and we would be going by that now. I urge guilds to just show up so this is finally resolved. And "sounds like" means, I know I haven't seen anything to the contrary about something actually being changed(from DBG). If you do have something a staff member has posted since Friday regarding the rotation, I know I would like to read it. I would still vote for a 3rd party (if you can find someone who's not Team Edward or Team Jacob) to be in charge, but I doubt know that won't happen.

Edit: added "from DBG"
  4. iMugatu Elder

dojii = daydream
    ReasonablePlayer likes this.
  5. Kalamurv Journeyman

Dojii, this already happened. You're basically insulting all the guild leaders that spent hours last week hashing out a new rotation by refusing to accept it.
    Zhama, Esper and lalaloup like this.
  6. Aekold Augur

Funny enough, they're leaving it in the hands of "the community" and the community already came to an agreement. Besides, with TLG having killed a gatekeeper (Nagafen) the other night the Apok/RoE bloc cant even claim a majority among guilds in the old rotation. It's a shame that it took seeing his lies bring his victory crashing down for Dojii to condescend to the masses.
  7. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

This already happened. The wishes of the server can be found in the other thread about this topic.
  8. gladiatoreq Elder

Whether or not the rotation has been decided doesn't really matter in this case. Any guild leader should be able to request an audience. Any major changes should be presented beforehand.

He'll still need a majority to make any changes. Until then, proceed with the new rotation.
  9. iMugatu Elder

Don't freak out. They already had stated more meetings would need to occur to discuss stuff like Kunark. Maybe now they can discuss why Apok/ROE are trying to exclude and belittle all the up and comers and how come they don't understand that some guilds can only raid at their prime time and some guilds don't want to completely remove FFA like they do. (FFA should at least be about 30-50% of spawns, that's what this server started as, what made it unique/special, and it should remain the core.)

I'm willing to bet that if Apok views this as being controlled by them, that those 2 guilds would vote for the exact same rotation that 8 guilds just agreed to. No other changes. It's all about control to these people.

Who does Apok know in DBG that your guild gets such special treatment when it comes to server politics? You don't even hold a majority in the old rotation anymore and DBG acts like it's pulling teeth to confirm the new one publicly. Which is funny considering how easily you guys change the old rotation rules on a whim, or should I say whims.

Good luck with this, you'll need it.
  10. Antonico Journeyman

So hard to stay positive.
  11. Naelbis Elder

You guys really need a third party arbitrator since DBG is refusing to step up and do it. There is never going to be an agreement that EVERYONE thinks is fair or perfect and a neutral party could help calm some of the rhetoric and vitrol. Guild leaders also need to squash their members sniping at each other on the forums. Not only is it making you all look bad, it just increases the level of acrimony between your guilds.
  12. Sagnid Augur

After reading Skyp's logs, and being an officer of The Last Guardian. I would like an assurance in this forum that not only does our guild has a spot in the rotation, but that our vote counts. It appears from the pdf file that our vote is in fact worthless.

We would love to attend this meeting, but I see little reason to do so if we are discounted as a guild simply because of our past associations.
  13. Antonico Journeyman

Being one of the nerd elite like the rest of you, I feel the ability to be quick-witted is the main thing that separates me from the unwashed masses...that and sarcasm. Some people do not think off the cuff as quickly as others or may prefer to get their thoughts in order in a more structured manner (obviously not I) before presenting them to others.

If we could get a list of the proposed topics for the upcoming meeting so that GL's have a chance to talk to their membership about these things and not get blindsided into another chaotic meeting(I did actually read all of the "minutes" from the last meeting). A little more structure could go a long way to making/taking notes/addressing issues and making EFFECTIVE changes.

Also, before the hate starts (too late) - RoE / TL / Apok (not sure about Rosengard and TLG) have agreed (to Roshen) to attend and PARTICIPATE in this next meeting to finish this rotation business once and for all (for classic at least). This meeting is endorsed and supported by DBG.

- Sidebar - What if for these meetings, the various Guild Leaders were REQUIRED to actually go kill some stuff together to make them more personable to each other for like an hour before the meeting? Or even on a weekly basis? Lol, to stay in the raid rotation they must spend 2 hours a week grouping and killing mobs with eachother! But seriously, seems like a lot of love lost between them and I think it might do them some good to see each other as people and teammates instead of monsters to be slain.
  14. Aekold Augur

Except that the guild leader of RoE has made it pretty clear that she thinks you're walking feces because you haven't killed EoV(lol). Good luck telling her what to do, pleb.
  15. Antonico Journeyman

Please try to keep replies constructive. If you have suggestions for topics for the meeting, it may help to post them here in the meeting thread.
  16. Aekold Augur

Sorry, chum. That's as constructive as it gets. You don't have a voice, she said so!
  17. Antonico Journeyman

Thanks, I am not as good as I should be at citing references. Also, was informative for those who have not read it yet.
  18. Dojii Augur

We are selling ourselves short with any "Quick Fix". We're going to have to have multiple meetings. Hear the feedback from the Casual Guilds, as well as the Raiding Guilds. Then we're going to have to all make an effort in each corner to give a little until we form an agreement that is truly in the best interest and health of the server. Looking not just for now but into Kunark, Velious, and beyond.

Those of us here in the raiding scene all need to have a perspective of where we want to be in the future in terms of how we treat each other and talk to each other. We can all just go wild on our keyboards grinding, and crunching and nit picking over everything--- Or we can behave like the 30+ year old adult males and females that we are and make a sincere effort to come to an agreement.
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Dojii I appreciate your level approach to this and being willing to have another summit. I remember last Friday (the logs are available) you talked about continuing conversation, etc. Here again you speak of the process of discussions.

I hope I raise a valid concern when I point out that I see a lot of encouragement to talk, discuss, etc. but I'm seeing very little information on making decisions and ratifying changes. We don't even know what the rules are for making changes (and I personally don't care, as long as there actually are rules which will be upheld). There's nothing laid out as to who can propose a change, who can call a vote or how it is called, or who is allowed to vote on a proposed change.

These need to be priority topics of legitimate, adult conversation is going to be held. This has to be the starting place.
  20. lalaloup Augur

We? You guys left the last meeting.

Sincere effort to come to an agreement? You guys left the last meeting.

Behaving like the 30+ year olds we are? The community 'representatives' you set up were treating the server and their positions like a joke. Want a copy of the pm? One of them literally just sat down at their computer spam-defending themselves because they were bored at work. People tried to back your proposal, but you all basically threw it back in our faces. What proof can you offer at this point that you actually care about more than your own interests?

Please don't doom the server to endless councils. You really had your shot, it's time to compromise.