30 day lockout of new guilds shouldn't happen

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Batbener, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Naelbis Elder

Its funny that shortsighted people can't see what stuff like this is and what it will cause. FFA ends/rotation begins=uberguild splinters off 1-2 (totally unaffiliated /rolleyes) guilds for rotation purposes. Next expansion opens and FFA begins again those guilds will disappear back into uberguild1. FFA ends/rotation begins rinse and repeat. And in the meantime instead of uberguild1 getting one vote on the rotation they get 2 or 3 or whatever. This is what people are trying to prevent and good for them for doing so.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  2. gladiatoreq Elder

So make them ineligible for voting within the first 30 days, but don't make them ineligible from rotation. Seems like a pretty logical fix.

I wouldn't make this a rule until Kunark however, for fairness sake. All guilds should have a say in the initial working of the rotation (i.e. the meeting scheduled for today).
  3. Kolani Augur

30 days is fair and equitable. First, it requires them to stay as a unit for 30 days. A lot of guilds can't pull that off, or maintain raiding focus past a week.
  4. iMugatu Elder

We have guilds in the rotation that can't even kill the mobs, never killed the gatekeeper, and you guys are worrying about new guilds staying together. How disingenuous can you people be?
    PathToEternity and Barton like this.
  5. Aneuren Tempered Steel

You know nothing Jon Snow.
  6. Naelbis Elder

10 points to Gryffindor for the Game of Thrones reference!
    Aneuren likes this.
  7. Batbener Augur

As I said in my original post, I get the reason behind the rule. It doesn't discount the fact that it F's me in the process.

I get that they couldn't compete with TL, so they probably don't understand players of my skill set are perfectly capable of joining a raiding guild and raiding tomorrow. Now that they put in rotations, it's feasible for me to raid with my RL schedule, so now I may want to raid. They changed the raiding rules so they get their shot, but they are trying to keep me from my shot in the process, and I don't appreciate it.
    BigDBeeIcanteven likes this.
  8. Zhama Elder

Heres the thing. Theres a large enough majority of players that have alt guilds that getting around the 30 days isnt going to be a problem for them. This only goes to hurt legitimately new players or players without box armies from trying to start their own guilds. If you look at it this way, the server has only been out for a little over 2 months now, which means to be qualified youd basically be saying only guilds who have been here from the beginning are being allowed to raid.

Trying to stop "uberguilds" from making splinters by adding a timer to join is pointless, as they could just make them now and then pick them up when ever they needed to use them.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

30 days lockout is not even close to fair, just another way to keep guilds out of the rotation. I don't care if they are splinter guilds or just newer guilds making someone wait a month is ludicrous
  10. BigDBeeIcanteven New Member

Isn't that what killing the gatekeeper mob is about? How many new rules is enough? How long must I go without a breath of air? This stinks of me first and gimme gimmes.
  11. Serona Elder

No. It keeps Uberguild_A and Uberguild_B getting more loot while guilds have to wait just to get into the rotation.

If I made a guild on RF or LJ and was having to wait 30 days to raid - I'd steal your mobs out of the rotation. Everyone pays the same sub, your 30 day waiting period is absolutely bullsh*t, especially when all of these expansions will only be around for 180 days.

*Instance the raids and avoid all this imo. This content is 16 years old - the 'competition for raid mobs' argument is just silly. All of these eras are going to last for a finite amount of time - give all of your players a chance to experience the raid content when it is cutting edge.
    Agrippa likes this.
  12. lalaloup Augur

For your sake, I hope you were trolling about the music references.

As to care bears, you got me curious as to what the villains of the care bear cartoon were and I found this gem:

[IMG]

I'm good with being called carebear now.
  13. Batbener Augur

The music reference was because they like to label stuff in neat little boxes, and if you don't fit that box, they make fun of you. It's happens quite a bit in metal music with each band seeming to have their own genre. "Dorks listen to screamo, I listen to pop punk!" "You don't know what a carebear is, because you didn't play PVP on blah zek!" "Blah Zek, that's not real PvP, the only real PvP was on UO". So on and so on.
    lalaloup likes this.
  14. Gythlen Augur

Essentially everyone on LJ and RF are carebears. They aren't PvP servers ....
    Mezrah and Barton like this.