Milestone: SparxxUI broke 30,000 downloads today!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Smallpox, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Smallpox Augur

Milestone: SparxxUI broke 30,000 downloads today!
    I started fiddling with the UI in late 2002 and have enjoyed sharing my creations since then.
    As there were no other real resources at the time, and the Default UI was/is so horrible, I taught myself XML and went to work.
    Beside my faithful following of SparxxUI users, I would like to present the following:

Acknowledgements (over the years)
    • 1) My Wife for putting up with me when I cannot get something to work just right.
    • 2) The people who's windows I tore apart to figure out how XML works.
    • 3) Tvarog for helping me get some of the wrinkles ironed out.
    • 4) Pariddor for seriously Beta testing the UI, and good suggestions.
    • 5) Valaury3169 for correcting the Group window (Fixing Leader and Merc members colors)
    • 6) Leigo and Yraen, and Warriorofmight for keeping the UI up to date during my various (Rage Quit) breaks.
    • 7) Special credit goes out to the EQInterface team for keeping the site up so we can all benefit from it.
    While EQ may not be what it once was, it will always be the first MMO I called home.
  2. Igniz Augur

Congratulations and thank you for your contribution to make the life of your fellow games easier!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Smallpox like this.
  3. Repthor Augur

even tho i dont use it, cuz the style isent for me, i do think its great its still beeing maintained and up dated. good stuff man and all your helpers Cheers
    Smallpox likes this.
  4. Mayfaire Augur

Congratz and good job and thank you! :)
    Smallpox likes this.
  5. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Woot Gratz, I love the UI
    Smallpox likes this.
  6. Mediik Augur

Real nice UI. Love it
    Smallpox likes this.
  7. Taiqwon Augur

This is because there are 5 UI authors still doing it!

/jk but not really. Congrats anyways!
  8. Smallpox Augur

I do not think there are even that many. Most of the other interfaces are being kept up by people other than the original authors.

Were a dying breed. :(
    Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  9. Eriadoc Elder

When I was using a custom UI, Sparxx was my choice. Really liked it. Happy to see it going strong. I ultimately ended up going away from custom UI because I tired of EQ breaking with every patch. The UI devs would jump on it pretty quickly in most cases, but it just got old having to fight the EQ dev team all the time.
    Smallpox likes this.
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Thanks again for the awesome UI Sparxx! I've been using it for my melee & tank toons for a few years now & I really like it.
    Smallpox likes this.