The toxic environment is caused by...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Uumdano, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uumdano Augur

As long as there is rare tradeable loot and long involved multi questable quests, you will have financial incentive. At least with Krono`s, DBG is getting theirs while also deflating the value of platinum in terms of dollars.
  2. Nolrog Augur

The toxic environment is caused by the people who are jerks. It has nothing to do with boxers, XXboxer, Krono or anything else. Those are just distractions that people keep falling into to try and explain the actions of some people (or it's some people using them as an excuse to push their personal agenda, could be either.)

If people weren't jerks, the Krono, boxers, and 3rd party programs would be irrelevant.
    Rhiyannon, Uumdano and Osgz like this.
  3. Uumdano Augur

I somehow missed this post, most certainly those who abuse the system will come together and support each other when it benefits them, it has been stated as much in these rotation threads.

These folks are going to get theirs and you will have none and unfortunately it seems DBG supports them until just enough or just the right complaining is done.Then the wrong solutions are mismanaged in and, well it all really comes back to DBG, after all it is their game.

It just appears they want the toxic player as their core player base.
    Rhiyannon and Drexll like this.
  4. Viersa Journeyman

The problem is it becomes completely out in the open and tolerated because its not "against the rules". Yeah we had ebayers back in the day but people made an attempt to hide it. Now it's just a free for all krono rush.
    Rhiyannon, Drexll and Uumdano like this.
  5. Uumdano Augur

I can not help but agree. What are your solutions than to manage the jerks from ruining every one elses gaming experience?
  6. Uumdano Augur

Very "wild wild west" ish. Everything was different "back in the day" except for the crashes, poor code and mismanagement. While the game was a disaster playability wise at the start w/ Verant, at least their customer service was much, much better.

You could not help but want this game to become everything that it did.
  7. Syrup Augur

8. Uumdano Augur

Yep, they are everywhere. I am on sabbatical from working I am so fed up w/ the idiots and . Pretty funny vid btw.

So it seems like a pnp is top choice atm as a solution to the toxicity, manage the .
  9. Kerberos New Member

The environment on high end contested content in classic was just as toxic as it is now. Whenever there is a huge demand and low supply of something it creates competition and the ones who dont win tend to be sore losers. This is true in almost all human socialization. It is simply the human condition.
  10. Lateryn Augur

You need to get out in the world. Look at History and Current history. Humans are a horrible species. Just a whole manner of Destructive on everything, including themselves.They are greedy/selfish by nature. Its either their way or the highway(even between themselves).

Yes there is the "Random" good guy, but those are far and few between.And every species has its rogues.

When it comes you online gaming, it just brings that nature out of everyone, because there are no repercussions. Anyone who says they have never done something "Toxic" while playing a online game is lying.
  11. Uumdano Augur

I am not so sure I am on board with this, the servers were smaller, you did not have emulating 3rd party software or a lack of a pnp. On Druzzil Ro, the top guild was a decent guild as were most of the others as I recall. I was not in the raid scene then either but I am sure they had their moments.

I just can not see comparing an era where there were people just discovering eqw as opposed to now where mage bot crew is practically in every zone and some of said mage bot crews actually raid more effectively based on exploited game mechanics and design.
  12. RainbowTest Augur

The very very visual lack of customer service is what turned all the servers into the wild wild west. There is a reason theres always a police cruiser parked in school zones during opening and closing of the schools. Its to show presence of authority and protect and serve. GM's are so rare and guides are just plain castrated.
    Uumdano likes this.
  13. Uumdano Augur

I wonder with all the caches of kronos these guys have which equates to money for nothing for DBG while they are not being used, how do they not have money to enforce a pnp?
  14. Drexll Augur

Agree 100%

3rd party software that lets you "cheat" and no play nice policy.
  15. Steampunk Augur

Enforcement requires manpower. Manpower is very expensive. Take the estimated number of Kronos existing and multiply by $17.99. Remember that only DBG really know how many are floating around out there and that some people like to exaggerate to make themselves sound.... better(?). Subtract a little bit for overhead, because no matter what you think, there is a certain cost to them. Take that amount and divide it by the salary that you would expect to get for doing that job (remember, when you are working, it's not all fun and games any more). That's the number of people that Kronos could fund to enforce the pnp 24/7. I doubt it's enough.
  16. Uumdano Augur

I do not know for certain either way, I do know this was way more successful than anticipated, so much so there is a second vibrant and healthy server that has come of it. If there was not so much success, I might agree with you but as we are only talking about krono cache`s and not about all of the subs, I am of the notion the money is there.

The thought process of course is the game is being fleeced for as much as possible before it is sold off again or shut down. Not much else makes sense to me atm considering how badly all of this has been handled.
  17. Voodu_The_Ogre New Member

Lack of discipline, self control from those causing the issues. I would venture to guess most that are playing EQ are grown adults. Sad thing is we still have man/women-children who can't control their impulse and want to act the fool. They know right from wrong, but simply don't care. What happened to the community we used to have here. Sure, people have cheated from the beginning, but not to this extent. The time for slaps on the wrists should be over. That does not discourage these people.

It's time for some tough love.
    Uumdano likes this.
  18. Steampunk Augur

That is a sad but definite possibility.
    Drexll likes this.
  19. Behee Augur

The toxic environment is caused by...

... endless whiners whining about the same old topics, knowing full well as a result of countless identical prior whining thread makers that they will always have endless support from other endless whiners.

How about all of you go group in some dungeon somewhere and avoid all of the players who don't meet your random criteria for awesomeness, such as how they pay for the game (Kronos), whether they group with real life friends and not whiners on the internet, and so on.

Absolutely, the toxic environment starts with whining, perpetuates endless whining "coversation" by people self professing extremely high social skills, and never ends since they will start the same whiny threads as soon as their old one reaches page 2 and they forget it exists.

It's always someone else's fault.
  20. Steampunk Augur

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.