I hope the new non-box TLP starts at Kunark

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dark_Intentions, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Dark_Intentions Augur

Because while classic is great, it would be nice to just start it at Kunark. Let me start as an Iksar and not have to pay for a race change, please.
  2. Nolrog Augur

Did they say that the non-box server will be TLP?
  3. Xanumbik Augur

Not that i saw it read to me more like a new special rules server
  4. Nolrog Augur

I read it the same way the first time, but I just re-read it and it does say no-box/no-bot progression server.
  5. Xanumbik Augur

yeah your right, im surprised people want this, it will split the TLP crowd from 2 well populated servers to 3 low pop servers and classes that cant solo when they cant get a group will not be staying long.
  6. Trevalon Augur

They didn't say if it was Time locked or not but in the announcement it does say "Progression Server" so clearly it will be some sort of progression server.
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

My wish list...

NO BOTTING
    NO 3rd PARTY SOFWARE
    NO BOXXING (but *Verified* exemptions for families)
    SIX MONTH *fixed* PROGRESSION (NO VOTING / POLLS) for ALL Expansions
    Krono auto-consumption on Trade
    All other items NO TRADE

A man can dream lol...
    Osgz and Fallfyres like this.
  8. Osgz Lorekeeper

I like that Auto-Consumption of Krono on trade. That is interesting and would piss off a ton of people so I am all good for that.
    Steampunk and Fallfyres like this.
  9. Flandersian Augur

You people are lunatics. Three months of Classic has been an unmitigated disaster two times over now, yet you still claim to want to spend half a year waiting in line to kill a handful of mobs.
  10. XTheMountainX Journeyman

Id like to see maybe 4 months of classic

The whole point of not boxing is that it forces more of a community feel, forces grouping. I'd pay $30/month for this server personally.

I'd also love to see naked corpse runs restored....one of the things I miss most about classic.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Rotlust Augur

I think you would be surprised how many people want this. Boxing really does have some serious impact on those that choose not to box in the classic games. (not so much in the later expansions)

A great deal of the drop off happened due to frustrations with boxers. It is already nearly impossible to find a group on lockjaw because most people have there own box groups.
  12. Drexll Augur

I hope it starts at Kunark, too. In either case, Ill be there.
  13. Steampunk Augur

Ooh, I like that even better than my "risky Krono" proposal!
    Osgz likes this.
  14. Gnot New Member

I doubt it would be low pop, while I agree it might make the existing 2 very dead fast.

As for classes that can't solo, that was the whole point of early EQ and what made it particularly amazing. You don't like to group in the old days, then you're playing the wrong game - or you play a bard, druid or necro (back in the day).

Tons of MMOs since have tried to do the opposite and created the some of the most bland, vapid single player games with a chat room attached thus.... here we all are trying to get back to that amazing game from long ago. And why there's a ton of people who are pretty anti-box with the view that boxing destroys the social interdependence that used to make the game amazing.
  15. Grisnkh Lorekeeper

I'll say it again because I AM trying to sell it.

One butt, one character.
    Start in Kunark
    1 year xpac unlocks. no voting.
    Lock the server at LDoN.

Happy Happy Happy
  16. Derthe Journeyman

Typical corporate greed steadfastly working to destroy any positive gains, milking the cow till it dies from exhaustion.

Nice to see that DBG has dusted off the SOE formula for failure.
  17. Xanumbik Augur

O i agree with majority of what you are saying but their timing however is just bad should have opened one of these servers when RF released. I do however think you might be over estimating the amount of time non soloing characters will wait around for a group/to make a group people have shorter attention spans and become bored more easily nowadays.
    Gnot likes this.
  18. TarewMarrForever Augur

6 months of classic an "unmitigated disaster"?. In you mind perhaps lol.

Yeah, it's such an unmitigated disaster that a whopping HALF of people wanted it to continue, when faced with FOUR different options!!! That's known as the *vast plurality*!!!

The only thing that has been a disaster is the select few man-child guild leaders who live on greed. power trips and the get off n the suffering and denial of others, and had to be FORCED into a rotation in order to "play nice", which I might add, the *other* server (which *is* staying 6 months) figured out how to do ON THEIR OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So no, the problem isn't 6 months.

The problem isn't instanced vs. non-instanced raid bosses with lockouts (although that would help because it would FORCE asinine guilds to follow rules implemented by *code* not *volunteers*).

The problem is a select few a$$hats that made the environment toxic for all by gobbling up everything they could and, in general being tuuurd burglars.

When Kunark opens on RF, it is still going to be toxic at the end-game, because he same a$$hats are still going to raid there.

Just watch.

But wait, it's going to be eve *worse* because reasonable players are LEAVING the server in droves! Leaving only the a$$hats behind to quibble over the scraps.

Last night on RF (10PM ET) I did a headcount in General of recent LF transfers, I counted...get this.. TWO!!! I did the test 5x over a 15 min window, and only TWO people had said they had transferred.

Same test at the same time on Lockjaw? NINETEEN!!!

That's almost 10 to 1 baby, and that's on FIRST DAY.

Hardly scientific, and small numbers to be sure, but coupled with the other data points I'm gathering (number of each class-specific channel at peak times) it shows a very...interesting...trend.
    Grisnkh likes this.