***players kept out of era spells on lockjaw bug

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by chris_the_mage, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_the_mage Augur

Players were able to keep out of era spells during the lockjaw fiasco caused by daybreak, where they dropped the ball and somehow managed to unlock more of the game than classic.

It has been confirmed that players exploited this, and shamans are using the spirit of puma line of spells. I hope this information reaches whoever at that company is in charge, and they fix this issue, and get rid of all remaining copies of the spell. Be sure to check everything, and take action against those who exploited this.

Thanks
  2. chris_the_mage Augur

bump, this is still going on, making sure devs see this
  3. Darth Augur

bump for justice!
  4. Aryabear Lorekeeper

5. Agrippa Augur

Report the characters that exploited anything. If the accounts aren't permabanned, they need to at least delete the offending characters.
  6. fazool Augur

How exactly will they know they are exploiting?

For example, I understand not all my spells will be in game yet but many spells were added retroactively upon certain expansions. So, when I ding, I look for spells on the listed vendors. Then, I ask if they can be crafted (I used to be a spellcrafter on live servers) . If I can I buy the spell I need. How, FFS, am I supposed to make sure I don't accidentally get a spell they accidentally released early?!?

And then if a player does accidentally get a spell and scribe it, your suggestion is to punish them? WTF are you thinking.

Obviously if it is a blatant and deliberate exploit, I agree, but there is a significant chance of targeting absolutely the wrong people.
    Elkay likes this.
  7. Croak Augur

What... you didn't know those herbs in the secret compartment in your suitcase were illegal in the USA?

People buying whole stacks of out of era spells knew exactly what they were doing
    Rhiyannon, Steampunk and Elkay like this.
  8. taliefer Augur

this needs to be addressed, its a pretty big balance issue, especially on lockjaw with its slower pace.
  9. Zdrop Journeyman

I can't believe they would leave Lockjaw up in the current state without another rollback, Half in and out of TLP...
  10. chris_the_mage Augur

just saw this post, so i can address this quite easily.

1) players bought spells or acquired items, put them in shared bank. characters were rolled back, not accounts

2) players bought spells or acquired items, deleted them. once rollbacks happened, they used reclamation tickets to restore said items/spells

hope this helps clarify for you how people were indeed exploiting the rollbacks that were so obviously about to happen
  11. Kattahn Elder

Can you provide any proof? A screenshot or anything? Because right now this smacks of "I totally heard this guy in my group talking about a guildy who saw a guy using a spell"
  12. RadarX Augur

Unfortunately this one needs to be closed up due to forum guideline violations. Reminder that "bumping" is also prohibited when posting. Feel free to PM me with moderation concerns.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.