DBG will not let me move characters between accounts on ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Arturo Fuente, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Skipper Augur

Can a Dev please answer this? Why ignore things you could easily explain?
  2. Kunon Augur

If I'm remembering correctly from those threads, the guy who could/knew how to do it was one of those that was laid off after DGC bought SoE and he took that knowledge with him so the policy was changed.
  3. Derd Augur

Lets make stuff up..see above post. June 12 2015 customer service replied that account to account transfers are working again.
  4. Arturo Fuente Journeyman

Maybe I can hope for a dev response today on why we are not allowed account to account transfer.
  5. Steampunk Augur

It doesn't really matter whether you can see a problem or not. At this point in time, there are no transfers allowed in Ragefire or Lockjaw. That means to, from, between, within, around, over, under, or any other way. Now, whine and cry some more.
  6. Skipper Augur

Your ridiculous sig and talking about others whining? There is no reason not to allow character transfers between accounts if they can do it.
  7. Steampunk Augur

My signature is neither ridiculous nor am I whining. I am proud to be a filthy casual. Just because there is no reason not to do something does not mean there is a reason to do it. You are the one whining and crying that they won't do something they never said they would do.
  8. Arturo Fuente Journeyman

I think you didnt read the whole thread. In it, I posted the response I got from Stephen the customer service rep and he advises me to go to the forums to ask the devs. So that is why I am trying to get a response from them.
  9. Numiko Augur

try sending a PM to Roshen, you may get a better response.
  10. TarewMarrForever Augur

Love that logic lol.

Yes, there *is* a good reason for DBG to do it. Two in fact:

1) One-Time Revenue: Transfer isn't free. It is a pay item. DBG makes money for each A2A transfer!
    2) Recurring Reveue: We're talking TLP here, so that mans the second account needs $15/month. DBG makes money (or $18 if Krono is consumed).

There ya go, there are TWO very, very good reasons why DBG *should* do this. One-time revenue and recurring revenue.

The OP (and I) are right, there is *literally* no good reason not to do this *if the tools work*, and there are two *exceedingly* good reasons (one-time revenue and recurring revenue) to do it if they do!

They can enable A2A transfers without S2S transfers. I just don't get it...
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah sounds like they just need to be given guidelines in CS to allow account to account transfers.
  12. Arturo Fuente Journeyman

Maybe this week the devs will answer why we cannot account to account transfer!
  13. Korillo Augur

Perhaps they will allow it when they open up the server transfers
  14. Arturo Fuente Journeyman

Yeah, I'd love sooner, but that would work out fine.
  15. Kattahn Elder

The way I've seen them phrase it, including in the response to my transfer request, makes it seem like something the with account transfer tool doesn't work with the server. I'm not sure why/how that would be the case, but they keep saying things along the lines of "the transfer tool does not currently support ragefire/lockjaw servers."
  16. Arturo Fuente Journeyman

Will there be information coming out about this when DBG announces transfer details?
  17. Risiko Augur

The fact is that Ragefire and Lockjaw (to some extent) are the hot servers right now for Everquest. They don't allow the transfers between accounts because people will just sell the accounts they move the characters to because so many people want to play on Ragefire. It keeps the vast majority of players from getting involved in selling their characters because they don't want to lose their account they have had for years.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do anything to keep the RMT guys from doing it because they create new accounts solely for the purpose of powerleveling characters to be sold on those new accounts.

It's pretty simple stuff guys, and I have to believe some of you in this thread know it, but you are acting innocent.
  18. Carpediem New Member

We got the same copy/paste response when trying to do the same thing. Kind of annoying because my girlfriend and I already paid for the second account, and station cash. When you're registered to the same address it isn't an issue with selling an account either.
    I can't think of any reason why they would do this.