Just a quick rogue question...

Discussion in 'Melee' started by wisenheimer, Jun 4, 2015.

1. wisenheimer New Member

I haven't played EQ in years and I am going to make a rogue on a TLP server and my question is do the starting stats make a difference? or will it all equal out in the end? I was reading the wiki for project 1999 and they state to put 25 into STA and 5 into STR (playing a dwarf), do they matter right off the bat?
  2. Jent Elder

It seems to auto-assign points now. I'd go barb or dwarf. But those are my default choices based purely on aesthetics and cool factor.
  3. Brudal Augur

You can adjust the auto-assigned bonus points to your preference from the creation screen by pushing the "advanced" button, from there you can push the "points left" button at the top to reacquire all bonus point to assign to whichever stat you want. The only limits I have seen is you can't exceed 150 points in a stat, such as with a ogre warriors stamina or strength.
  4. View Journeyman

I'm on Ragefire and it does make a difference right now, but a couple of expansions worth of gear, and everyone's in the same boat.

Also, I went Dark Elf because of the cool factor.
  5. Gumlakx Augur

I would go with Barbarian for the stats, then try to get yourself a Guise of the Deceiver.
  6. Raynard Augur

Most rogues gear and dump stat points into strength, which increases average dmg. Stamina gives HP, agility gives AC, dex increases crit and process rate, and the others don't affect combat for rogues. Like others have said, in a few expansions you'll max them all regardless, but for now, it matters a little.