@devs Please revert the plane of sky changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by toxist, Jul 25, 2015.

1. macke New Member

Grats, you will lose 50% population, i came back from 2005 and this will make me along with many others to stop playing, thank you all for this short time, take care.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

No one completed sky in the original classic era, regardless of how many people they had, so saying it was tuned for 24 people is simply not accurate.
  3. chris_the_mage Augur

^this
  4. Syrgen New Member

And? I thought people wanting "classic" was the reason for these buffs? Let it be unbeaten until Kunark then!

No matter what people say, classic is dead. Let the mobs be as they were, without implementing stupid buffs on them. If people want a bigger challenge, make it such that guides etc, can go and buff the mobs with the current buffs, and people can say they did it on hardmode. But for people who just wanne chill some, and not having 90 people on a raid, let them have the original bosses like they were designed. This should not be a problem when they are going to enforce a rotation on the bosses either!
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I was disputing the accuracy of your point that sky was originally tuned for 24 people, I was being polite, by not stating that was absolute nonsense.

The changes to boss difficultly came about because they decided to treat the symptoms rather than cure the problem with casters and monks. I would have preferred them to put in the time and effort to cure the problem rather than buff the bosses, but they deemed it not possible in the time scales because of the possible impact on live. However with the DPS increase of casters and monks, something had to be done, the encounters were mostly trivial compared to how they were originally.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Darth Augur

Uhm, Faceless killed it, with less than TL from what I hear.

But, thanks for the vote of confidence.
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

The other guilds still kill EoV etc because they're already keyed up so they can just run past the bees. I expect another Guild to drop her within a week though.
  8. Lateryn Augur

Boy now people just make stuff up.
  9. Silentchaos Augur

Revert? Nah. Nobody needs to be able to clear the first 3 islands with 6 magicians.

But the buffs were extreme in some cases. Bee island is basically a PoP encounter now..
  10. -wycca Augur

Bee isle only dropped 18 keys, so wasn't it "tuned" for 18?

Yes, the other isles usually dropped 24 keys.

But that's sorta like saying...Trakanon drops 2-5 keys, wasn't he tuned for 2-5?
    The ST Key mobs drop 1 key, were they tuned for 1?
  11. blueblazer Journeyman

Revert these back. Ban the botters.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  12. Syrgen New Member

Again, if people play for a challenge, they should let the guides buff the mobs if requested, and you can say you did it hardmode. I don't think it will remove any pleasure from you that other people kill the easy version of the encounter will it?
  13. Asheran Augur

We only had around 40 people there, and wiped on her at ~60% on our first attempt. We didn't get a second attempt, because she glitched out somehow, and teleported to the inaccessible "GM Island" in the center of the zone.

She should go down tonight.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Ah, thought I'd saw you saw you got her. Guess I misread "we think she's doable" or something like that as "we already got her".
  15. Asheran Augur

We knew she was doable, because our strategy on her was working flawlessly. However, it was late in the night, and a small mistake snowballed into a wipe. Properly executed, we will drop her rather easily.

I'd go as far as to say that she is possible with as few as 30 character...maybe less. However, there would be absolutely no room for error, lag, etc.
  16. skattabrainz Augur

Revert, nah.

Tone down a bit? Heck yeah.

Baby steps dbg!
  17. Barbwarrior Augur

feel free to acquire more keys through game play
  18. Asheran Augur

Toning down would be acceptable. I think the suggestion of making it so the Queen bee has a lower chance of one rounding a tank is probably a good one, though. Really, other than the Queen Bee, and Overseer of Air, Sky really isn't that overly difficult. Most of the mobs are the same...heavy melee dmg + deathtouch. A few have a small range AOE or a DD proc.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  19. skattabrainz Augur

Good choice, might I also add a wee drop on their resists. Protector of sky resisted I think 12 slows after it had been resist de-buffed before one landed. Enchanters and shamans who died for the cause we salute you.
  20. Xenyn Lorekeeper

How did you know she was on this "gm island" that is inaccessible for all but GMs? curious