@devs Please revert the plane of sky changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by toxist, Jul 25, 2015.

1. toxist Lorekeeper

alot of the smaller guilds where farming sky and you took this way, i seen two raids in sky with no problems. you used to be able to do most of sky with 20-40 (bixi took more) but now you made it were you need a full 72 none wanted the sky buffs i think it was perfect before.
    Zublak likes this.
  2. toxist Lorekeeper

anyone else agree?
  3. Sebbun Augur

A lot of us agree, but are watching to see what happens with the 'rotations'.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Rhiyannon Augur

what they said
  5. Asheran Augur

Sky was always meant to be the "end game" for classic. It was incredibly difficult originally, and changes to the core mechanics of Everquest eroded that difficulty. These changes bring it back.

The changes are good...every boss has been killed post buff, and it is less than a week in. If anything, one could argue that it was not buffed enough.
  6. ImNotOnRagefire New Member

Can toxist no longer clear with his 30 box?
  7. Lateryn Augur

I'd say the only two things maybe overbuffed is queen bee(2500 hits along with almost 100% magic immunity, and big pbae) and Overseer of Air(who was already pretty fun previously cause he quaded). Mainly from the aspect of having to output being so huge compared to tank HP pools, which results in pet walls.
  8. Healiez Augur

Big bixie damage, Overseer damage, and the frequency or fact that mobs still DT is the only thing I feel needs to be changed in sky.
  9. chris_the_mage Augur

lockjaw has a rotation for sky setup, therefore Faceless has not been able to go to sky until yesterday (saturday 7/25), since our last sky day was the tuesday before patch day.

first attempt on bees, 90 people. the bees went down, quite easily actually and we could of done with less players. Read so much hype on these mobs, hearing guilds wiping with 150 people and they were an impossible encounter. after doing the raids myself, i think the bees are slightly harder than they should be, but overall they aren't too bad.

they should be toned down a bit, so that a near-bis warrior (3800 or higher) raid buffed tank can not get one rounded, lets just say make queen bee hit for a max of 1900 against raid-buffed warriors (1k ac or something like that, i dont know). if that was done, i think they could be done with only 50. the major problem we ran into tonight was not the AE, not the death touches, but it was the fact that it didn't even need to be a perfect, or even a near perfect hit, the bee could one round our tanks. it happened quite often.

-Yawgmoth
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Sebbun Augur

Yeah, so he was interested in doing it with his smaller guild. Now there is no end content for him to do with his guild. Glad you got the point.
  11. Sebbun Augur

I don't really get why people are applauding changes to old world bosses.
  12. Lateryn Augur

Because they were too easy. They were made with original classic power in mind, not current updated characters(monk dmg, pet dmg, caster dmg etc).

This is a progression server, not a "classic" server, it has too many things not from classic and thus other things might need to be change/tuned to match that.
  13. Sebbun Augur

Everytime I read these posts, it makes me sad. I don't recall other progression servers having their bosses buffed.

But I also only played on them for a short time, so maybe I missed it.
  14. Sebbun Augur

It also makes me sad to read this type of response, thinking in the back of my head how disproportionate the classes sit right now. My level 40 mage has a pet that hits harder and faster and tanks better than my sky geared ranger.
    chris_the_mage likes this.
  15. Zhama Elder

as sky stands now, no guild other then TL will ever kill bee boss again in classic on ragefire, id imagine without a collaboration of 2-3 guilds there wont be any bee boss kills on LJ either.
  16. Vaclav Augur

2 guilds have beaten bee boss without outside help on LJ already...
  17. chris_the_mage Augur

faceless is the only guild on lockjaw to beat bee boss.

and no, zhama, there was no collaboration between the guilds. 90 players, on our first attemp (as i mentioned above)

-Yawgmoth
  18. Vaclav Augur

Hmm? I thought MM did in some manner or another? Did they just skip it?
  19. chris_the_mage Augur

no, they wiped
  20. Syrgen New Member

Classic everquest did not require 90 people for killing a boss. Innoruuk could be done with 24 easy back then. So all this classic stuff is just BS. Also, Sky was tuned to be a 24 person raid. If you want classic, remove keys from keyring, and you will get classic. The current buffs just punish smaller guilds, and forces everyone to zerg stuff down.
    Rhiyannon likes this.