New Changes Make NO SENSE

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gandolfinidagreat, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Gandolfinidagreat Journeyman

Why would you buff these mobs?

The number one complaint amongst max level players not in the top 2-3 guilds is the monopolization of raid targets. The top guilds already have a leg up in mobilization and ability to poop sock, but now DBG has gone out of their way to ensure that, even if a guild gets to a mob before the top 2-3 guilds, they will be unable to kill it.

The complaints from the community have been to make content MORE accessible. People cry for instancing so they can get raid targets. People cry for rotations on boss mobs. People cry for a return of the PNP.

DBG's response? Make raid bosses less accessible. Make them only killable by the top 2-3 guilds who have already been farming them this whole time. Make them untankable by any tank who doesn't have full Indo + sky gear, or any guild without a mage pet wall army.

I seriously cannot understand the brain storming session where they took community complaints and then came up with an idea that accomplishes something that is the exact opposite of the desires of the community.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Solkos Augur

I could see this giving guilds the opportunity to try to kill raid targets. Opportunities they wouldn't have had before this patch.
    I mean think about it. If the higher end guild decided to give you 2 chances to kill each mob and they knew you couldn't kill them, what do they lose out on? A few hours of waiting for you guys to clear out maybe?

Honstly these mobs are just tuned up to how our characters are tuned up. Maybe they are slightly harder then I remember them in classic but not much harder.
  3. Korillo Augur

They heard the following for the past 2 months:
    1) Please instance raids
    2) Please make raids more challenging

They said doing 1 would be too difficult to do, so they went with option 2.
    MageLeth likes this.
  4. Gandolfinidagreat Journeyman

These mobs are tuned to how mages are tuned and how monks are tuned. They aren't tuned to the rest of the game. Top guilds may give lower guilds a chance to kill them (maybe - I know TL let Apok try CT), but lower guilds will fail. They are only killable by TL, Apok, and maybe Rosengard/ROE/ROI. Big maybe on the last 3.
  5. Solkos Augur

Get more organized and strategise. I mean lower tier guild had many problems with AoW too and that fight is simply tank and spank.
  6. King Dedede Elder

In case you may have missed it:
    That is EQ Executive Producer thoughts. Obviously, she only cares about the top 2 or 3. Welcome to our world.
    MageLeth and Rhiyannon like this.
  7. lalaloup Augur

I might be off base, but in the long run I see this as a good thing.

Seemingly, the ones most affected by these changes are people that would have been willing to do ragefire as a six month release. It will take longer to gear up to do these fights, but that still fits neatly within the idea many had in coming to a server they figured would be 6 months till kunark.

But just that they are tuning it - largely to impact peoples ability to box their way through the planes - shows that it might get tweaked to something more appropriate.
  8. King Dedede Elder

Too bad it's not still 6 months.
  9. Lateryn Augur

Like someone mentioned early, have you not read Holly's comments? She is the lead producer and feels casuals are not allowed to fight naggy(read that right,FIGHT, not beat, FIGHT, so she thinks anyone but the top 1% shouldn't even be allowed to try). And you think they will do instancing?
  10. Solkos Augur

The dragons aren't that hard if you do the correct strat. We killed Vox with 45 people this morning and half were boxes and that included only 3 to 5 clerics which 2 were being boxed by 2 of the main tanks. If you think you can't take Vox or naggy are out of reach for any level 50 crew of 72 players than get better people.

As for CT and Inny, they might be a bit of a stretch for now but only because that death touch causes the fights to be so darn sloppy. The reality is that CT was 1-shotted on lockjaw with less than a full raid force (although the last 40 percent was cheesed) and CT was downed on RF in the first day. Inny is easier than CT but still hits like a mac truck.

Sky,,,, That is way out of reach but that place is basically out of Era anyways.
  11. Gandolfinidagreat Journeyman

That's the default answer, and I think it's a cop out. The bottom line is that these changes further exclude gamers from content that they pay for. It is already hard enough to just get a shot at these bosses, and now they have made it so that, even if you get that shot, you will likely lose.

This alienated 80% + of the server population in favor of the top 2-3 guilds.
  12. King Dedede Elder

Again, go read Holly's comments. As long as the head of EQ thinks that way, get use to it. The other option is not to sub. Endless, complaining about something won't solve it.
  13. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Things only get worse from here on out. The changes to Kunark mobs already have been implemented and, unlike classic, Kunark has keyed zones. DBG just doesn't care - they are all but directly stating this.
  14. lalaloup Augur

Does it matter? It doesn't if people are willing to stick around in antonica, odus, faydwer, and the planes for a bit more.

Just because one server is moving to a 3 month time frame doesn't alter the realities that would keep people interested in playing longer. This round is already much different than what came before, because yes, there are a large amount of subscription cancellations but there still seem to be a healthy amount waiting to come in once the dust settles a bit and more content is open.
  15. Solkos Augur

See the comment above this one to see how I had elaborated.

The players are not denied of content they pay for. Maybe they wont get the loot but this is all open world content. There is no stopping you from running up and smacking the mob just to get the thrill of the kill.

If you are talking about the loot (there is a distinct difference between loot and content) than, go get a raid of 72 and contest whoever is killing the mob you are going for. If 72 doesn't work get 50 mages and engage before the other guild even has a chance to buff and see how that goes.
    This content is fully available to anyone at anytime especially now that the 4 bosses you are speaking of are spawning on average under 30 hours for each mob meaning 1 mob spawning ever 7.25 hours. Not too bad since you can easily figure out the spawn timers by just logging all of the system wide messages you see in yellow.

Hell if you brought a raid of 72 and asked nicely, I am sure whatever guild would work something out with you to give you a couple of shots at the mob.
  16. King Dedede Elder

No, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. The reason I am moving is I don't want 3 month locks. For my personal play style that time frame doesn't work. I enjoy seeing all the zone at the appropriate level.

I don't see the joy of being a level 50, sitting on the Ogre camp in WK killing grey's. Though, not getting uber item X doesn't matter to me this round. Been there done that, no desire for it again.
  17. Sebbun Augur

Keep seeing you post over and over again the same stuff. Does it not concern you that so many people ARE concerned about it? Do you not feel that maybe this was the wrong thing to change? I'm not trying to call you out, but you keep defending it over and over and over. Obviously, a lot of people don't feel that this change was warranted.

I know you can use the same logic I just used on me, but these were changes. And it seems that far fewer were requesting it than people keep posting. It feels to most of us, that this is another way to keep others from raiding.
  18. Thornpaw New Member

The original issue was mage pets mixed with 1 man boxed armies taking down targets so that actual guilds could not compete with them. The response was to try to make the targets harder so the buffed up mage pets could not kill them. This was tuning to an out of balance class rather than toning pets back down to the content that is available. I realize that there is likely code and testing that made retuning pets not a good option. A better response would be to come out and give actual rules for this server that would promote a much better environment for those of us who returned to this game only to find it is a chaotic mess. Sorry, but the fact that PnP was taken out makes me question if I will even try EQN when it comes out in the not so far off whenever during the some quarter of the year who really knows. Oh and I do understand that dealing with the real issues takes manpower, but how many people do you think were lost due to the state of this game? It lost me a long time ago, I came back just because I randomly found out about this server and decided it sounded pretty good. I am let down by this team and judging by the forums others seem to be as well.
    Rhiyannon and Shadva Del`Shai like this.
  19. Solkos Augur

Well the problem is most people complaining about the changes haven't even attempted a mobilization of a main mob so far on either of these servers. They just roll over in a submissive pose and say you got this one bro. Maybe in 5 months I will get some free loot. Problem is now, the mobs are buffed to about the same level (maybe ever so slightly over) they felt back in the day and not the loot pinatas they were when the server came out.
  20. Thornpaw New Member

Maybe what they should have done on the server is what they did with Seru drops. Make them worthless pre any change.