wth is a campaign!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarakii, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, i kind of feel worse about live now that i no longer play. Quitting the raid game left me with no desire to play EQ since the group game has nothing to offer to me. The TLPs were fun for about a minute until, like you, it made me realize how bad live is right now.
  2. Forcallen Augur

Personally I just think they are to disconnected with their player base to get it right. Its been that way for years now and I am sure the player base is a large part of it with various camps lobbying for different "things" that would save the game or restore it some.

That being said even if its only 3 zones it can work if they are giant all encompassing zones. With massive quest arcs, varying mob density and difficulty that cater to varying play styles. Solo, molo, group and hardcore with lots of time or short on time.

They also need at least 7-8 raids (would love for a lot more even it we had another 3-5 burn tank and spank events that were nothing more then that) to keep the raiders happy for another 6 months. Making sure they also scale up in difficulty/requirements that spanned different zones.

You better get spells right both in number but also in tuning and usefulness. I don't want to see classes getting 2-3 placeholder spells again. That have zero use or that are not tuned correctly right from the get go because "there isn't time during beta" to get them right or listen to feedback on why they fail to be used.

You better get AA right both in sheer number and benefit. Even if power upgrades are being held back there are tons of utility ideas that have been thrown at you guys and in some cases even agreed to that just never made their way on to live.

You better work out gear so that its highly desired yet doesn't totally negate the value of older gear completely for everyone. IE its ok to farm old raids for awhile to have more than a day or raiding a week to do for more then your 3rd alt/bot.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We will see, If they try shoving EQ2 lore down our throats again and if it is as small as it sounds I may skip this one. Must only be a month or so until we find out more, if we stick to the old schedule of releasing info at SOE Live time, which was middle of August.

TDS was so small, I've actually been having a blast in this strange new world called Real Life! Along with playing on Ragefire when my partners in mischief our working/sleeping.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Well some of it's population density. Even with load balancing, it not uncommon to see 50-75 people in some instances times two to twelve for all the picks. Short of raids when was the last time anyone saw a few hundred people all in the same zone? On Drinal I can't even remember.

The problem I'm running into now is with 3 TLP toons in the high 40's (2 accounts so at best an inefficient pal/wiz or pal/bard duo), there's really nothing to do by myself to advance my toons. Anything upgrade wise is perma camped to a ridiculous degree, and pick up grouping tends to fall away then. If my live guildmates aren't on, I've reverted back to trying to make plat to be able to buy upgrades from the farmers, but that's not terribly fun or entertaining, either. Hoping the kunark release spreads things out a bit.
  5. Iila Augur

From the list of new zones they're working on, there's Kunark revamps, Sul Vius's planes, and TDS themes zones.

At least, I think Gnome Memorial Mountain and Lceanium might be TDS themed. Huge pile of dead gnomes is a fine theme on its own, though.
    Reht likes this.
  6. Prathun Developer

I was brought here by humans, who wished to pay me tribute.
  7. Iila Augur

Tribute? You steal men's souls and make them your slaves!
    Voth likes this.
  8. Kellaer Augur

Perhaps the same could be said of all MMORPGs...
  9. Slasher Augur

I would pay tribute for an sql search for any tds rares that have dropped in a TDS heroic instance in the last 6 months :)
  10. Brohg Augur

eh?
  11. Iila Augur

From what I understand, Sul Vius is from EQ2 lore as the original healing god that Rodcet eventually replaced. She fell from grace by creating undead as a way to extend life forever, and was exiled/attacked/killed/whatever by the rest of pantheon for her crimes.

The zone names look like her main plane, the demiplane of health, and demiplane of decay. It all sounds a lot like the light/dark gods from alaris, but with the duality built into one god. (Too lazy to reopen the test .exe file to find the exact names.)
  12. Voth Elder

EverQuest's 22nd expansion needs to be Demiplane, Symphony of the Night.

/thread
    Elricvonclief and PrathunEQ like this.
  13. Brohg Augur

oHHHH, Anashti Sul! Sul Vius is maybe a label after she fell/ was removed? Vius is the akhevan word for darkness...
  14. Iila Augur

pohealth The Plane of Health
    exaltedb Sul Vius: Demiplane of Decay
    codecayb cosul Crypt of Sul
    exalted Sul Vius: Demiplane of Life

I don't know EQ2 lore, so I forgot her name and was going by the zones names. If it's akhevan themed, that would be more interesting than the pics I saw of her EQ2 stuff.

Looking at the list again, there's classic kunark revamps, undiscovered bits of Kunark (going by them being in EQ2), the Sul zones, and gnome mountain.

There might have been some more zones names in the tlp beta, but I forgot to save anything. The next time I get to peek at a beta exe, zone names won't matter, and I'll probably be under an NDA.

SKU22 "Symphony of Mayong" confirmed
    Voth likes this.
  15. Peltier Elder

[quote="DarkLord, post: 3295061], I bet you could take the heaviest populated server on Live and it wont compare to TLP's population (at least that is how things sound)[/quote]

I'll take that bet any day of the week.
  16. Voth Elder

17. Iila Augur

Look, comparing anything in EQ to SotN just isn't fair.

Even though I like super metroid or zero mission more, sotn is still one of the best games in that genre, and easily makes my best games of all time list.

Demiplane might be good, but it's still no sotn.

Where's my double jump, Prathun?!
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Man, I would love double-jump. I'm having plenty of fun with Steamjet Pack + Furious Leap as it is.
    Nniki and Iila like this.
  19. Darkark Augur

That sounds really cool. I remember reading about her some time ago, but info was scant at best. I think there is only one reference to her in EQ1, via some obscure LoN loot reward no less (Signet of Anashti Sul). There is also some lore infos here.

Next campaign, E`ci and an icy portion of the Plane of Water, with an Everfrost/Permafrost/Lady Vox revamp and tie-in thrown in for good measure? :D
  20. Necromonious Augur

It's a completely different game, TLP vs live. Assuming we are not considering the obvious reasons of population size and nostalgia, here's what I think draws people to TLP

- slower-paced, less complicated game: in live if you goof up and are hit for a second or two from a single mob you might be dead. TLP is a more relaxed atmosphere (not raiding) and a slower-paced battle system, complicated for it's time but far simpler than the ability and AA bloat on live

- different mechanics, especially solo: I haven't snare kited or fear kited since forever, SK's can't swarm like they used to, rangers can't headshot like they used to, wiz/druid can't quad/kite like they used to, and a lot of people have given up charming for it's more effective hybrid, reverse-charming. A lot of really fun old mechanics died out with the advent of root/snare immune mobs, summoning mobs, charm/various other nerfs

- more creative, easier ways to make money: tradeskills are more useful, ports are actually useful, spell research is useful (I find it annoying but some people love the mechanic)

- twinking: with all gear tradeable, even some raid gear (loot rights), twinking is in it's prime time, especially with pick-zones dumping many times the number of dungeon gear into the market. Once the gear gets min lev requirements, raids start to get instanced, and more gear is given 'no drop', the fun factor and the cheese factor of twinking low levels will die down a lot

I'm sure there's more obvious reasons, but these are just a few off the top of my head