Disable Kronos on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yadiman, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Nolrog Augur

Isn't this horse dead already? People have been beating it for 2 months already. If you disable Krono on TLP, something that would take code time by the way, which is already in very short supply, that would push people to trade them on other servers for the goods on RF/LJ. It would not stop the trades at all, any more than not having Krono back in 1999 stopped RMT trades, which used methods far less secure.

If you are spreading negative word of mouth about the krono then you are doing your friends a disservice and keeping them away from something they may have had fun on.
    rune00 likes this.
  2. rune00 Augur

Bull, many items that are sold for several Kronos are no drop and people sell loot rights to them.
  3. Nolrog Augur

Krono was one of the smartest things that SOE (at the time) did. Platinum was already being sold on the secondary market, and this put SOE in that game and gave them a slice of the profits. It also grew the market because people who wouldn't buy/sell plat on those 3rd party sites because of risk of fraud or bans now partake in it (and SOE gets a slice of that, and players who have ingame plat but not RL money can continue to play.)
  4. rune00 Augur

First of all I don't have 12 account. I have 5.
    2. I don't even play that much on ragefire and when I do I go kill stuff in hate to gear my guys.
    3. I don't know why people would sell plat on eBay nowadays but I can tell you that there are plenty of well reputed sellers on other sites where I see people sell 2 mill plat for 10 bucks (or more) which coincidently is the price of a Krono on the very same site... If I wanted to sell 2 mill plat for 10 bucks I can guarantee you it would be just as quick as selling a Krono for 10 bucks.

So no need for eBay to convert plat to playtime...
  5. Necromonious Augur

Would still destroy the market and you'd still have to meet the requirements to wear the gear. And they could reduce corpse decay time to shorten sell windows. Really these problems don't exist on live servers because raid gear is no drop and has min level requirements (well and are instanced but even without instancing the market would be mostly gone)
  6. rune00 Augur

They don't exist on live servers cause there is no market for it with 400 players per server versus 17k players on ragefire. If tunare for example had 17k players you can bet your butt it would be farmed as well.
  7. Necromonious Augur

How to sell it though? With no drop status there would have to be a buyer waiting at not just the raid time but a few-minute window of the kill. That's going to really limit your buyers numbers. It couldbe pre-planned I guess but still is a hassle. That's assuming the raid not instanced of course
  8. Porygon Augur

If only there was a website, based outside of America, that facilitates the relationship between buyer and seller no matter what the game nor item. With an extensive verification program in place to make sure that neither buyer nor seller gets ripped off...

Hmmmmmm...

If only...
  9. Sinzz Augur

I still remember my first week of everquest when a dude was bragging he had just won a set of dwarven work boots on ebay for 800.00 ... he thought that was a steal! that was july 2000
    code-zero likes this.
  10. yadiman Journeyman

Yes, simply disabling Kronos will not solve all the problems. It would show that they actually care bout their game tho. Providing an in-game method for everyone to pay-to-win just exacerbates the problem.

I would be happy if they banned the boxer program, but I know a lot of games allow it... but most US games do Not support pay-to-win.

There's other good suggestions as well, instancing for one, maybe no drop items.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Lighteningrod Augur

The only thing which needs disabled is the TLP. What a cesspit.
    oldkracow and Fallfyres like this.
  12. yadiman Journeyman

Also, about the boxing program, the most negative impact it has on WoW is in casual pvp (BGs). It's safe to say that it has a much more negative effect on EQ.
  13. Dreamrider Elder

Also, level 50 toons decked out decently were selling from $900 up to $2,000 each. What was the name of the concierge server back then? Stormhammer? Many companies would move your toon there, power level the experience and AAs and do the custom outfitting of equipment you wanted, then bring it back to your server.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. King Dedede Elder

Never going to happen. DGB needs all the revenue they can get.
  15. Fallfyres Augur

-----------
    I'm so fed up with hearing this: "Never going to happen. DGB needs all the revenue they can get."

1. Daybreak doesn't NEED our money.
    2. We are not the Players Bandaid union keeping poor lil EQ afloat.
    3. This is not my EQ, hell its not even the EQ of four years ago. So I and many, many others wouldn't be active in a Players Bandaid Union anyhow to keep afloat a dysfunctional, duct taped, exploit-filled version of Norrath.
    4. CN has plans for EQ, and tax write off is most probably what it is at this point.

Regardless, while it still has the lights on, the corporate suits gonna do what the suits want to and that almost invariably has minutia to do with the player base or the respect of the players. Er-go, thats why the suits aren't interested in even the most reasonable and justifiable suggestions and ideas that come from the playerbase. They want your money, not your ideas.

Thank goodness we have the Dev staff we do because if we didn't, believe it, could be much worse. Too damned bad they don't have more autonomy, but good on them for what they've been able to accomplish.

On the other hand, this is a cesspool, *nods.
  16. SithWizard Elder

Banning chrono on Ragefire would probably reduce the amount of problems on the server by 50 percent. Sure I understand that DBG makes money from selling chrono via the store, however it would eventually get rid of people boxing 24 mages at raids. That in itself would make the game better, more competitive and you could actually have classic 99 mob difficulty. No need to triple their health and damage output.

I am well aware that many people will disagree with me about this but those are probably the people who run bot armies.
  17. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Thank you for this new and exciting insight.
  18. Skipper Augur

19. Kolani Augur

It wouldn't stop a thing, they'd just trade the Kronos on the other 13 servers that everyone on Ragefire always forget exist.
    Sheex and code-zero like this.
  20. Captainblood Lorekeeper

Nobody wants this guy around
    [IMG]
    So ronery
    Rhiyannon likes this.