wth is a campaign!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zarakii, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Zarakii Augur

seriously....
  2. Zarakii Augur

nvm did more digging and found the post all about it...
  3. Nenake Elder

haha amazing
  4. Iila Augur

A miserable little pile of secrets.
  5. Shmef Augur

not enough to be called an expansion, maybe a little more than what you would call a DLC? or perhaps just another fancy name for DLC.
  6. Voth Elder

But enough talk... Have at you!
    Iila likes this.
  7. Diptera Augur

So, like TDS? </obligatory>
    Geroblue, Iila and Xanathol like this.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

More like 1/2 of TDS, they did say 2 campaigns would be roughly 1 expansion's worth of content.
  9. Dreamrider Elder

Hopefully it'll be bigger than a bread box!
  10. Xanathol Augur

Point missed - TDS isn't an expansions worth of content.
    sojero and DarkLord like this.
  11. DrAxe Journeyman

No it's not, for an expansion that small it should have had some pretty epic quests involved, and it doesn't.
  12. Borek-VS Augur

The EQ2 "Adventure Packs" and "Campaigns" had two or three zones, the latest one has possibly up to six (but they could be just missions in three, or even just one zone).

That's a hint for what I'd expect in an EQ campaign.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Half an "expansion" is what a "campaign" is. We're all hoping that means half of an expansion the size of RoF and (most) prior content releases, and not the last 2 shoddy, undersized turd sandwiches we were served.

Time will tell!
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

The point was not missed.............but thanks for playing.
  15. Reht The Dude abides...

On one of the Ragefire twitch feeds Holly said they were expecting three new environments, which i take to mean zones, plus the possibility of some revamps. So it could be half of TDS or more.
  16. Kravitz Augur

Lol you call TDS an expansion? I'd call it 1/2 an expansion, just like its counterpart CotF. The last expansion was RoF, even though that is debatable as well since they copy/pasted 2 zone files and slapped that as an "expansion"
  17. Reht The Dude abides...

No, they called it an expansion, clearly my sarcasm didn't bleed through.........
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not surprising.

My inclination was 3-5 zones per release, so basically half of TDS, which as folks noted above, is just another step in the saga of them giving us less and less and continuing to charge the regular price (or more).

The pricing should be interesting too - they can probably slip an increase in with less hubbub because it's paid separately. Two annual "campaigns" at $25 > one annual "expansion" at $40 for them, so it's less glaringly obvious, and thus easier for us to swallow.
  19. Casidia Augur

^ well i won't, and the recent nerf that took away most of the little fun i got out of farming Arx hugely helps with not paying them a penny for now.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

We're so invested in BetaMax at this point that many are just pleased the format still exists at all.

Sucks but you're not wrong. At least until they hit a critical mass of player loss. Playing in TLP lately has reminded me a lot of just how dead live is. And when the fickle TLP crowd mass bails like usual, DBG will have a little more cash but overall less players.

You can sheer a sheep many times, but only skin it once.
    Elricvonclief, Mayfaire, Iila and 2 others like this.