Unable to login to Test, new patch deletes .dll

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rukak, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Rukak New Member

So I logged as a patch was called last night and today after the patch I get the message missing MSVCR71.dll on hitting Play. Setting the client to live patches up and reinstalls the .dll but then going back to the test client deletes them again.
  2. Riou EQResource

copy it from live and bypass launcher is only thing you can do atm :(
  3. Sarkaukar Augur

You can check what files are being installed by clicking on the Advanced Tools (lower left of the Launchpad) and they will show on the Updated File List.

When switching from Live to Test and patching, does it show those files that come up missing as being dowloaded? If it does, then continue reading.

When there is an patch and critical files appear to have been removed, in the past it is patched exe/dll files and the person's antivirus being too aggressive. Should check your antivirus history. Which antivirus are you using? Test by disabling your antivirus. I would also suggest excluding EQ directory.
  4. ElektraNovastorm New Member

This is still an issue.

The patcher is removing the file MSVCR71.DLL from the everquest directory as it starts up (when the game version is set to test.)

Checking game installation...
    Removing msvcr71.dll
    All files are up to date

Hit play and you get the missing file message.

I've resorted to keeping a copy of the file on my desktop. I copy the file back to the everquest directory after the patcher deletes the file, and I'm able to play.

Shouldn't be terribly difficult for someone at Daybreak to notice and fix.
  5. Saiggen New Member

I am having the same issue. When you run the live patcher it adds the file back and you can log in with no issues. When the test patcher is run it deletes the file. So i do not believe it is an anti-virus issue.
  6. Cazmac Augur

I was playing on Test the last time I logged in and I too am getting this message about MSVCR71.dll. What does it do and why does it get deleted?
  7. Sintaurian New Member

Patch to live then copy the file MSVCR71.dll to your desktop, then patch to test, paste the file in your everquest folder, then change your desktop shortcut from Launchpad.exe to eqgame.exe" patchme to bypass the patcher.
  8. anthonycooper85 New Member

download DLL File-Fixer And Download the MSVCR71.dll file to your computer. comes with a free trial and then you can delete it. i have used it numerous times and have had my guild mates do the same. all same results. :)

Quintaine 105 ranger
    Kumotz 105 shaman
    TEST Primal Brood
  9. JChan Developer