Rubicite / Box of Abu Kar on Lockjaw, the State of Hate Minis, and Slime Blood of CT

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Asheran, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Korillo Augur

Ah phew, had me worried for a minute!
  2. Vaclav Augur

Roger, that was my hope - sometimes 'development speak' doesn't come out covering the player PoV.
    PrathunEQ likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

There are no longer any "Gold" accounts, it is now "All Access". Because of this, there is really no way to know if someone joins All Access just for EQ or for another Daybreak game or for multiple Daybreak games.. All they know is how many people play EQ and how much they play and what servers they play on.
  4. Prathun Developer

We checked the dates that Lockjaw and Ragefire think they opened, and these dates are wrongsville USA. We will fix this, but in a way that doesn't impact the total duration that these items will drop.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  5. Drathus Augur

Can the box drop from any world NPC over a specific level? . . . or is it limited to specific zones / NPC types? For example I know the box can drop from NPCs in CT, but can it drop in the Hole / Plane of Hate etc?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
  6. Feradach Augur

What about the slime-blood item? It got the attunable tag added when the Harbingers were introduced on the live servers. Logically, it would make sense for all items dropped from the spawned instance would either be attunable or no-drop but should they still be that way on the progression servers?
  7. Vaclav Augur

Pretty sure that change predated the harbingers but regardless it does feel odd.
  8. Drathus Augur

Asheran,

Yes, the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth is very common in Plane of Hate 3.0. The staves drop randomly from male forsaken revenants, like the enchanter epic dust drops from the female forsaken revenants currently on the TLP. The minis are campable with sub 20 minute PHs.

However, I'm not sure adding the earth staff to male forsaken revenants would solve the problem. All that solution would do is cause a feeding frenzy in the area the revenants spawn. People wouldn't be camping the revenants for an earth staff for their magician, they would be attempting to get them to sell as a multi-quest when Kunark opens. Yes, rather than the earth staff being used on a magician, it would be sitting in the inventory of some other class just waiting to be sold.

The solution for the Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth is two fold.

1. Make the earth staff a 100% drop from the new buffed Magi P`Tasa (currently people are saying they have killed Magi P`Tasa and he has not dropped the staff).

2. Make Tiblner Milnik in Firiona Vie require that all four items be turned in together in order to obtain the Power of Earth: Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth, Dirt of Underfoot, Broom of Trilon and the Shovel of Ponz. Any item turned in will be automatically returned, unless all four items are turned in together. This will eliminate multi-questing the staff and also the CS nightmare of someone not being aware you will not get any credit for a partial turn in and will have to start over again.

This solution will prevent farming of the staff for multi-quest. Also making the staff a 100% drop from the newly buffed Magi P`Tasa will reward the individuals that overcome the challenge.

The other issue is consistency. You may live in Plane of Hate to get your earth staff, spending weeks up there, only to have some change implemented later down the line that makes getting the staff easier. This is something the devs try to avoid. However, in this case, Magi P`Tasa is getting buffed, making the encounter more difficult. Making the staff a 100% drop in this case would simply be a risk vs. reward adjustment.
  9. toxist Lorekeeper

right now draco and the fear golms only drop loot 1-10 kills, is this going to be changed if they are buffed? 23 draco kills 3 items have droped tottal
  10. toxist Lorekeeper

on plane of sky, caster alredy cant nuke the boss, cuz they are so high level so enless you guys change the level,resist your promote mage/mele zerging
  11. Slasher Augur

Thats awesome TLP must love it meanwhile for 9 months we have been asking you to verify that TDS rares drop in heroics but nope nothing.

Something not dropping on TLP make a post and ask on a friday and get 4 dev replies 3 days.

Live ask about TDS rares not dropping in heroics 9 months later still nothing. Not only that group missions drop no loot at all diamonds, trade skill items nothing but hey its not TLP so who gives a rats ***.
  12. Vaclav Augur

Technically it was closer to a month regarding LJ drops - we've had questions in a few threads now asking before now since it went a few days late versus expected (maybe even before then but I discounted those).

And even before that some Rage folks were asking.
  13. Slasher Augur

I was being sarcastic on purpose :). TLP is awesome but i find it disturbing after 9 months we cannot get an answer to a question about drops on live but this thread has 3-4 dev replies in as many days.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Real classic, the staff should only drop from Innoruuk, at a rate of about 2 times a real life year.