Boxing?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zucatti, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Zucatti New Member

Can someone explain boxing to me and can it be used to block other players from content?
  2. Andronicus Elder

"Boxing" is just playing more than one instance of EQ at once.

Back in the old days we needed more than one computer to do this. People with 2 computers were 2 boxing, 5 computers--5 boxing....get the idea?

Now you can run many instances on one computer, depending on your computer's ability.

I 3 box. I play 3 characters at once in the same group.

I have no idea what you mean about blocking other players.
  3. Zucatti New Member

I was on some other forums and someone said they were getting blocked out of raids by other players and somethng about boxing
  4. Eriadoc Elder

Don't feed the trolls.
  5. Andronicus Elder

OK. Someone on some other forum said........something.

That's what you gave us to work with.

6. Zucatti New Member

Ive always wanted to come and try out everquest. I hear really good things and really bad things. If the bad things are true then Ill save my time and money and play something else out. Just trying to verify. I know nothing about this game
  7. Andronicus Elder

8. Zucatti New Member

I would love to hear more about boxing and how far into the game that can take you.
  9. wtf? New Member

You can box all the way to the end of "group" content (lvl 105). Probably can't box end-game "raid" content by yourself (but you could still box multiple toons along with other real players). And you can definitely box earlier raids just fine.

I suggest you try it yourself! Just create two or three free-to-play EQ accounts. Free to play will probably be just fine until lvl 60 or so. After that, you'll start to miss out on the benefits of having paid accounts, but by then you'll have a better idea of whether you like it or not.
  10. Zucatti New Member

Thanks Ive been reading up on it and will deff check it out.
  11. Pirowen Senior Guide

Boxing is a lot of fun and challenging as well. Even when you have regular playing partners having 2 or 3 people each boxing enough characters to make a full group is a blast
  12. sifonin Augur

Another advantage to boxing is you can select two or more classes that synergize well together... The tried and true combos- shammy/monk, bard/necro, mage/enchanter, there are many more and the fun is in experimentation.
  13. wtf? New Member

Just wanted to add in my favorite combo: SK and Druid (plus wizzy or merc for DPS, if you 3box). Shammy and enchanter are nice for slows and buffs, but I find that the SK and Druid combo is more fun: SK (tanks in general) keep you in the middle of the fight, and Druid utility is unbeatable. The transportation alone will keep you fighting more and running around less (something I still hate in this game). Some other combos might be better at focused killing, but for all around play, I love this combo.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

They were probably referring to people who box a 2nd char in the raid, still given preference over other player's main chars. Raids are all instanced, so it couldn't be anything else.