How to Fix 2 TOP priority problems.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Makui, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makui New Member

Hello.

Top 2 problems
    1. Bot/Hackers.
    2. Finding ways to continue to make $.

A lot of the community are very upset with situations involving bots and hacking in end game content. It creates an intensely crowded and unsatisfying session of gaming trying to raid as a guild in that environment. It is causing a good % of players to cancel subs etc. With the complication of stopping bot/hackers and the resent events with J.S. and L.S. a lot of people want justice! They want to see bots stopped so that game content is more available to them! They want to have an open zone full of mobs and loot. They do not want over contested zones with hopes of 1 mob pull that goes successful because a group of boxers didn't pull it off the puller on the way to the raid with the mob only to end up getting Apothic Leggings.

Instances, yes this was a fix of sorts.

As a player community we want that social interaction. We want that contesting challenge on open content, we want to keep that aspect of Everquest, but to a degree. Once we have contested over camp to camp to get max level and start raiding with our Guild the overpopulation of bot groups and other raiding guilds it just becomes to cumbersome. I know some may say well you just sound like a dirty casual, but honestly the solution works out for hardcore raiders and casuals alike.

Lets take a look at EQemu private servers for a moment.
    Bots, Hacks, Coding, etc to an extent is allowed but never bothers anyone why? Most server are nothing but raid content tier based servers, why?
    Once people are to the level that can raid and they are in a guild that can raid, they raid.
    How does this fix anything?

Guild Instanced Raid Zones.

I know it is not classic, I know it takes away from the social aspect of the game, but does it really? You and your guild mates have your own instance full of mobs, you may be able to clear mobs in your guilds timed plane of hate, but you may not yet be ready to take Innothule.

The idea is similar to LDoNs!?

How would this work?
    Leave the public zone in the game, INSIDE the public zone (at zone in) Add an NPC that takes <item> from a person to create a 4 hour Instance of the current zone only assessable by other guild members of creators guild. In this instance mobs do not re-spawn.
    The Guild has 4 hours to clear the instance and get as much loot as they can. The guild could only create 1 instance every 6 hours or so.

<item> Token of the Guild Lords? is like a key bought from the Daybreak Store for 2-5$?

Boom!
    Please email me where I can send my resume to. LF job @ Daybreak PST!
    Thanks
  2. Reece Lorekeeper

Is that why you're still unemployed?
  3. Makui New Member

I don't think my idea was stupid, and no I have a great career.
  4. Jalelorf Augur

Your idea is nothing new. Most of the people I am guilded with on Ragefire came from raiding guilds on live servers. Expeditions were the solution several years ago and they are still a viable solution in this case. A raid gets an expedition, an instance is created in which only members of the expedition can enter, once a boss in that expedition is killed a lockout timer begins, and that expedition cannot be requested again until the timer has expired.

Very simple solution yet DB doesn't want to implement it for some reason.
  5. Porygon Augur

So you force people to guild.

You want competition, but you don't want competition.

This is the same idea everyone else has. It won't work, it would be abused.

The only thing I could agree with would be expedition type raids. That require a minimum amount to request....say 48 or 42. In order to prevent abuse from botters. And honestly, if a guild can't come up with 42 players. You shouldn't be raiding.
  6. RadarX Augur

While we always appreciate feedback, discussion around boxing, botting and instancing already have existing threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.