really, deleting threads with proof of cheating?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by drew0987654, Jul 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drew0987654 Augur

why is it that threads with 100% proof, screenshots and chat logs with GM intervention included get deleted when they're just proof of players involved in illegal activity? we know those players aren't even banned... but you punish ppl for reporting the illegal activities? and hush them up? wtf, you can't justify that. it's wrong. who deleted that and why?

EDIT: "Those are the rules" isn't justification. rules are guides. do what's right, why don't you? law says where I live that you can shoot native americans on sight, but no judge would call such an act valid. you don't have to enforce BS just b/c you can. who are the bad guys here? me? are you blind?
  2. VorpalChicken Journeyman

Xanadas and drew0987654 like this.
  3. drew0987654 Augur

thank you VERRRRRRRRRY much.
  4. Porygon Augur

Because youre not supposed to call people out and name names on the forums. You can send petitions/reports with the SS's. Just because it proves someone is cheating, doesnt mean its allowable on the forums. Read the Forum Guidelines.
  5. Nolrog Augur

Also just because you think someone may be cheating, they could be doing something perfectly legitimate that is mistaken by the poster as cheating.
    Numiko likes this.
  6. Jaxarale01 Augur

Ya you know the pic could be photo shopped...

Lulz
  7. Agrippa Augur

I don't condone cheating in any way, but there needs to be repercussions for false accusations, too. Perhaps, someone isn't familiar with all of the possible and legit macros we can make in game. They think that a character is cheating where they're actually fully playing legit and more often than not without third party programs. GM and guide time is being wasted in many cases. When someone reports a cheater and they're found to be legitimate, the reporter needs to be educated. Repeat offenders need to be suspended or banned, too, though.
  8. Numiko Augur

Just wait until mages get call of the hero....
  9. ImSorryButIHadTo Lorekeeper

Modders gonna mod.
  10. Banuvan Augur

If they institute CoH as it was first put into the game then omg the trains that are capable without needing FD will be totally epic. The things that used to be done back in the day....
  11. Freki Augur

if you have proof of cheating this forum is NOT the venue to put it. send it to DBG via the /petition system. why? because then they see it, and not a MAYBE see it here. and then there is the forum rules of not calling people out/black listing them... so yea take it off site if you just want to grip about it only or give the proof to dbg and let them deal with it.
  12. Captainblood Lorekeeper

I don't disagree that this is the required method of reporting. However, this method is rarely as effective as providing proof outside of the "official channels" where it can easily be swept under a rug. Real world examples include Brian Williams and Ray Rice, just to name a couple of the latest ones.

Edit: and false reporting should carry relatively equivalent ramifications as slander/libel
  13. Banuvan Augur

This is pretty on point. I think DBG kinda dug themselves into a hole by saying we should police ourselves then say we can't post dbag moves here on the forums. This would be the #1 place to show the dbag stuff people do to help get them labeled as such on the server. Supposedly the guides are doing what they can to help out from what i've been seeing in the various in game chats although I haven't had a need to ask one for help myself it seems they are making a positive impact.

I understand why DBG doesn't want people to call folks out here but I don't agree with that stance based on the fact we are supposed to police ourselves. Policing ourselves works when the other party is willing to work things out but the people that are causing the most issues don't want to work anything out which makes it impossible to do anything about it ourselves. It's a weird position to be put in as a player by DBG.
  14. frankie78227 Augur

TL pocket gm....;)
  15. Jezzie Augur

Post on reddits everquest forum
    I would provide the link but it may be a forum violation!
  16. Reece Lorekeeper

Most people on the TLPs don't even use reddit, the lurkers don't even play EQ anymore.
  17. Jezzie Augur

At least it's a place where screenshots and videos can be posted without being censored. Might not be popular but it could be used and referred to when discussing "issues" on these forums.
    Just don't think you can link directly.
    The only reason I check it is because Roshen and Elidroth post there from time to time
  18. Roshen Brand Manager

We remove these threads because don't allow "naming and shaming" on our forums.

If we did allow threads like this, it can often lead to a toxic atmosphere where players can attack and accuse players of literally anything (sometimes even when things didn't occur and when there's no proof).

Oh hey, and ^ this.

---

If you do have "100% proof" that people are cheating, report it to us directly. Do NOT create forum threads that name and shame members of our player community.
    Gregolo, Frenzic and Steampunk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.