DDoS Attacks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aghinem, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motherlee Augur

Guildies who tried that said the lag got them killed. I'm ok just foraging and chatting.
  2. Zarakii Augur

thanks =( will finish up aa another day
    Motherlee likes this.
  3. Motherlee Augur

Sorry Tarrin. "Terrorism" means that someone was intimidated. If Smedley were really terrified, he wouldn't talk smack at them.
  4. Tarrin Augur

Not quite. It is about intent, not results. They intended to intimidate, cause fear, and ruin lives. Smedley was not the only person effected (even though he was a main target, there were others).

People react to horrible situations differently. And yes, bomb threats and having armed gunmen enter your house (regardless if they are SWAT) is a horrible situation.
    Quatr likes this.
  5. svann Augur

Im asking.
    What is it that makes you think they responded to a few choice words, rather than that some of their friends may be account banned? (and yes, many suspended will eventually be banned. count on it)
  6. Zalamyr Augur

To take this thread in another direction, given the more or less 24 hour outage....

CAN HAZ DUBEL EXPZ?!
  7. Bamf New Member

I am sure no one on the plane that was diverted due to the bomb threat, or the responders who had to clear the plane, were intimidated at all.

I am equally sure that neither Smedley, nor his family, who have had phone calls, been swatted, had their personal information dug into and posted publicly, had their personal credit damaged, who have received pictures of a family members grave sent to them were intimidated. I mean, seriously, who is p***y enough to be intimidated by that?! /sarcasm off

Have you really lived this long and never seen anyone who has just had enough, who has been pushed past their breaking point stand up to someone? Get off your high, holier than thou horse and join the really real world. You know, the one that exists outside the four walls of the room you play your 50 accounts on. No doubt you want Smed to shut up, the ddos attacks that brought down the servers left you all alone, likely alternating between ranting and sobbing because you couldn't log in and take care of your 'brood' as you like to call it.
    Kiillz and Hiladdar like this.
  8. Hiladdar Augur

Sycophants, be they terrorists or hackers, should not be negotiated with. My experience outside of EQ, is that terrorist use negotiation as a delaying technique, or as a tactic to try and improve their position. They need to be neutralized using the least intrusive way as quickly as possible. The techniques, tactics, and lethality to neutralized terrorists needs to be increased until such a time that the terrorist is self-neutralized by fear or unable to commit acts of terror due to incarceration or death.

What Finland currently does is not effective and by many considered a joke; i.e. giving an individual a 2 year suspended sentence for over 50,000 computer crimes. Add to that bomb threats to airborne airplanes, identity theft, and swatting which could of easily turned into homicide. I read on another board that our "favorite sycophant" is currently awaiting 16 more trials in Finland. That is quite an accomplishment of notoriety for a 17 year old.

Eventually, if it has not happened yet, that sycophant will run into someone with the will, resolve, and means address to his anti-social behavior legally or illegally. I personally knew many who were terrorized, tortured; and several who killed for way less that what the sycophant did.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  9. RadarX Augur

Thing have been back for awhile so let's go ahead and put this one away. Obviously if there are any further issues, we'll let you know.
    Geroblue likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.