Question for those of you who "want to raid"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Jul 7, 2015.

1. sihpa Augur

If you go through the posts about the rebuffed raid mobs that are currently live you'll find people from across the spectrum (who've actually seen the mob) are saying its actually a decent challenge now.

There is no way I can take your posts serious when you continue to post suggestions that make NO SENSE considering the realities of how the mobs are at the moment.

Im more or less convinced you're just trying to argue to argue.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Detheb Augur

That sounds like its probably true, the buffed mobs, in their current form are a challenge for every guild. People have been talking about mage boxing down buffed nagafen, but people forget that MM Was dps racing another guild that actually had a tank on it. I'm almost positive mages would run oom before buffed nagafen died, even with 32 pets.
  3. Lowstats Lorekeeper

I lost all interest in raiding when Holly said I shouldn't be allowed to kill raid targets
    Rhiyannon and Agrippa like this.
  4. Rauven Augur

I dunno why you all are dissing the Producer. I said it before she did. I specifically said in one of these threads that "if you don't raid, you don't need raid gear."

I'll take the blame for it if you want to give it.
  5. C3lowz Augur

Casual's don't need raid gear yes. Obviously.

However downright saying that they should not be allowed to kill raid targets is just wrong. One is a necessity, another is a form of an accomplishment that anyone can achieve eventually.
  6. Porterz73 Augur

Casual's don't need raid gear but the following players do
    1.). Those who cheat or associate with known cheaters
    2.). People willing to train others to get what they want
    3.). People who bot or box multiples of massively overpowered mages

Perhaps being called casual just means an EQ player not willing to degrade themselves to the point where they can compete with the new standard for raiding in a PVE game. For some reputation still matters.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. fivestar Lorekeeper

Put a 7 day timer/lock out on the expedition.
    Require at least 36 people be in the raid to spawn the expedition.
    Require the average level in said raid be 50 (or 49) to spawn the expedition.
    Optional (make all the loot that drops be NO TRADE)

People get to experience the encounters, have a chance at the gear, but can't flood the market.

Leave the current spawns alone, so the BAMF guilds can farm it like they already are. The less bamf guilds will trickle in some gears and have a better shot at "competing" with the hardcore l33t BAMF guilds, and everyone gets what they want.
    sihpa likes this.
  8. Elkay Augur

And people are still somehow thinking this argument is about gear. /sigh
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Numiko Augur

There is no "raid gear" in classic. The stuff dropped in the planes or off dragons / gods is often not as good as items dropped by group mobs.
  10. Rauven Augur

You'd be surprised.

There was an entire thread about it after the raid bosses were made harder. They wanted the gear to be better or drop in higher quantities. And we have to be honest with ourselves. Most don't want to see the content. They just want the loot. Half the complaints would go away if Daybreak sold the loot on the market.

Why else (before the mobs were buffed) would anyone want a shot at a 32,000hp mob with a little AOE attack? It had a fancy model? Come on, don't BS me.
  11. lalaloup Augur

It could also be said that you don't need gear unless you're farming for rl cash.

Need is relative to an individuals goals when it comes to virtual worlds.
    Elkay and Rhiyannon like this.
  12. Banuvan Augur

Wanting free loot was just one of numerous excuses that was used to justify stupidity like this thread.
  13. Vaclav Augur

The people requesting that were TL people... jesus christ, dude - look at who's saying something before declaring folks as flip-flopping.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. sihpa Augur

Rauven is just trying to derail the thread. Look over his posts and its blatantly obvious he's a troll. No need to reply to him any further.

Back on topic is this
    the best we can come up with (most agreeable) for suggestions on how they should implement the instancing? I personally find it agreeable but I want to hear the drawbacks too so that we might be able to avoid unintended consequences.

Im convinced that if DBG is left alone to brainstorm their own ways to implement instanced encounters it will end up purely benefiting a minority yet again. They already buffed the raid mobs and increased their spawn times as a solution and who did that benefit? The majority or the minority?

Lets get back to coming to a consensus on which method of instancing will be the best for everyone overall.
  15. rekais910 Augur

I love the idea. Honestly with the buffed mobs it only makes hitting up the instances more worth while to me. I'm probably going to transfer to lockjaw when it becomes available just because I want them to have as much time available for the devs to hopefully make wonderful changes. Who knows though.
  16. Banuvan Augur

Just for the record when you have two full raids it completely trivializes the mobs making it again a DPS Race rather than any actual strategy.

If the raid targets were instanced and only one guild could be there then they would require actual strategy. With more than a single guild there they are trivial. This puts us right back where we started before they were buffed.

The buffed raid mobs actually make the argument for instancing them stronger rather than weakening it.
    Elkay, Rhiyannon, Jaxarale01 and 4 others like this.
  17. fivestar Lorekeeper

The changes benefited the Lockjaw community pretty well. Due to the increased spawns the top 3 guilds went into a 3 guild 3 ffa style rotation. They keep saying there's a way for other guilds to enter the rotation I don't think any guilds have tried yet though.
  18. Rauven Augur

You think the majority of people who joined TL did so to clear content, or get loot? Which do you think it is?
  19. Machen New Member

There is no distinction between the two in Everquest. You clear content to get loot. You get loot to clear content. That is all.
  20. Vaclav Augur

So? Point is there's two completely different factions. You lumped them together when they are not.