Mass Suspensions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Laeli, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarrin Augur

Wrong again.

There is actually a crime called "Possession of stolen goods".

It is a crime in which an individual has bought, been given, or acquired stolen goods some other way (other than they themselves having stolen them). These cases are only prosecuted based on if a person knows that the goods they are receiving are "tainted" (stolen, etc).

I am not saying that if you merely know someone is cheating and don't report it you are guilty and deserve punishment. I am saying if you know someone is cheating and *you benefit from the action*...you are guilty and deserve punishment.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  2. Smallpox Augur

I think the intention was to set an example and see what pans out. Will be interesting to see if they start going after the group level version of the offences.
    sihpa likes this.
  3. Tarrin Augur

something..something..something..casuals don't deserve to be banned?

edit1: And please take this as a joke. ( I know you won't )

edit2 : "you" in edit1 was not meant for the person I was quoting (Smallpox), but the general forum population
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Both kinds of players will cause harm, it is just different kind of harm.
    The harm caused in the raiding arena is obvious.

The harm caused by the automated players farming platinum is more long term. It is the same problem that we experienced on Fippy with the alchemy bug but it takes more time to see the effects. When there is so much platinum on a server that it ceases to have any value, it forces nearly all transactions to revolve around kronos. It will also drive the price of kronos up. But the platinum itself will be concentrated in the hands of the botters, making it much harder for the average player to offer competitive prices. Without any substantial platinum sinks in the game until GoD (armor molds), there won't be anything to take the platinum out of circulation.

So both activities will definitely prove harmful to the server in the long run.
  5. Grish Augur

I did indeed specify that you are complicit if you know about and BENEFIT from hacking. I never said or meant to say that just knowing made you complicit.

It's closer to insider trading than it is to witnessing a crime or having knowledge of a crime and not reporting it. I have no idea what the legality of state issues are as far as that is concerned and never claimed to or made any comparisons to such.

That said, if you are in a raid where you are awarded DKP or where your attendance and performance are tracked for future loot consideration, you are benefiting from it. So all my points stand. Some opinion, some fact.
  6. sihpa Augur

I think this is likely too. It's interesting to note how little attention our instancing threads are getting now that they dropped this on us. Just as we seemed to be reaching some sort of compromise too!
  7. Machen New Member

No. Tracking the software is trivial. If the EQ Devs don't know how to do it, they need to hire some new talent. But I'm quite sure they do.

Clearly they have made a decision not to mass ban everyone who uses it (probably half their player base would be gone, sad as that is), but are focused more on what people use it for. Automated, scripted attacks on contested raid mobs was the target here.
  8. Kellaer Augur

The damage control that has been going on in this thread is just wonderful to behold.
    ImSorryButIHadTo likes this.
  9. Tarrin Augur

I am fine with the punishment matching the crime.

From what I hear, if you submit your station name they are going over the players suspended individually.
  10. Tarrin Augur

I use "you" alot when I don't directly mean it towards the person I am quoting. Just a more general "you". I need to work on clarifying that.
  11. RadarX Augur

Folks as a reminder, our forum guidelines prohibit blacklisting other players. We're looking to avoid mass suspensions on the forums (although a few of you will receive them) so please keep things on topic and not specific to an individual.
    complexication likes this.
  12. blueblazer Journeyman

Thank you for doing something. I hope this is only the start.
    Simone likes this.
  13. Laeli Journeyman

14. Bigstomp Augur

I don't know other guilds policies, but the little I have heard from them, most end game guilds take a very strong stance against anything considered untoward.

We've spent years on our characters, and risking that investment is just not worth it.
  15. Ragefire Mage New Member

I have yet to hear of anyone mention the following..

If you are caught and suspended as many appear to have been, your account is now compromised permanently via a soul-mark.

If you have a soul-mark and incur any additional administrative actions against your account, it will be permanently banned.

Only people who have been around for a very long time know about this practice. If you were among the group that got caught cheating, you had better watch yourself in the future or risk it all.
  16. Esper Augur

From the looks of it all TL members that were suspended (there were not that many) have had suspensions lifted. Wonder how Apok is doing.....
    Gregolo and Frenzic like this.
  17. SquooshSqueesh New Member

I'm still suspended....

I wonder how they go about "reviewing" cases. I'm beginning to think they should either stick with the 7 days suspension or lift all of them. If they cherry pick i'm sure some innocent people are going to be suspended for assisting those fishy mobs. That makes it harder for me to blacklist people that really cheated.
  18. Kolani Augur

If they assisted on the mobs, they play with and accept the use of the third party programs and need to serve the whole thing, not the selective overturnings. I know some Ubiquitas members got hit with it too.
  19. Xanadas Augur

"Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."

If you play with cheaters, you'll be pulled down with them.
    Simone likes this.
  20. rune00 Augur

Whoever engaged the fake mob first got it to drop its "im a fake invis mob that only cheaters can see" buff and from that point on, how the heck would non cheaters know it was a fake mob?

If you are hanging with your guild in hate and suddenly Innoruuk starts hitting you, who would just stand there and let that happen? of course you are gonna click attack.

Just drop it, DBG suspended a LOT of innocents here and they know it.

The idea behind the fake mobs was probably, we will pop a fake Innoruuk, which has this super invis on, and only cheaters can see it, we will make that invis impossible to cancel and if someone targets the mob, we know they are cheating and can suspend them.

Only problem is they forgot that if you taunt a mob and IT ATTACKS you, invis WILL drop... from that point it was only downhill, innocent people hanging in hate saw the mob, it looked exactly like the real Innoruuk and they attacked it...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.