Mass Suspensions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Laeli, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenzic Augur

Oh I almost forgot. Holly tweeted that this ban wave was 2 weeks of data and included cheating program and botting. I'd just like to point out that all 12 of my accounts are fine and in working order.

Ah ah ah ah stayin alive stayin alive :)
    Simone, Nickatropolis and Rhiyannon like this.
  2. Detheb2 New Member

We're going to see what happens once they start reviewing accounts that petitions are in for, because I can imagine quite a few suspended will be unsuspended
  3. sihpa Augur

WTF I feel robbed. If Alan Rickman doesnt list the names of people I quit! It was the only reason I came back for the TLP! False advertising and stuff and stuff and more stuff! :mad:
  4. toxist Lorekeeper

5. Kellaer Augur

Good on you. Was anybody accusing you otherwise?
  6. toxist Lorekeeper

image of Innoruuk being taunted and the GM invisibility being Broken by Apoc then (visable to all players)
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Cleaning this thread up. Talking about the suspensions is fine. Accusing other individuals of cheating, and attacking other players is NOT.

--

We have better tools in place that help us detect cheating. If you aren't using software that lets you do things in game that violate our terms of service, feel free to contact our team.
    Simone, Rhiyannon and Laeli like this.
  8. Aryabear Lorekeeper

i was suspended several days ago for no apparent reason on one of my several accounts and no email was sent. I opened a ticket days ago and no reply. DBG customer service is dreadful.
  9. Fostee2 New Member

Funny, accusing other individuals of cheating is exactly what you are doing. Add to that no proof, no confruntation, no questioning, no research into the matter, no contacting the player or anything. Congratulations, you suspended one of my accounts. You lost the income from 2 others, and as soon as I get back into the 3rd one - very nice of you to lock me out of being able to cancel it by the way - that one will be cancelled as well. Not only that, in the next few hours there will be credit card chargebacks to deal with.

I have been playing everquest since Phase 4 beta. The account you suspended has been active since July 3rd 1999. Hope your business model works well for you in the future.
  10. Frenzic Augur

Dang, this thug is crazy mad. Turn off them hacks boys!
  11. Ducreux Augur

You contacting the BBB too?
    Kaenneth, Kellaer and Iila like this.
  12. Fostee2 New Member

TL was in fear with us when one of the fake cazics spawned. No hacks needed to target him.
  13. drew0987654 Augur

I sympathize with you man but look at it this way: imagine they get 100 cheaters off of the server and only falsely suspended 4.... wouldn't that be a good thing if you weren't one of the falsely accused? so it's just unfortunate that you happened to get screwed over, right? don't hate them, they tried and may not have gotten a perfect result, but they did a lot more good than harm. right? this is a good thing for the server in the long run, admit it.....
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. Fostee2 New Member

Probably. Even gonna call the white house and talk to Barry if I have to.
  15. Frenzic Augur

Isn't it just the typical 7 day suspension? I'd say the benefit out weighs the cost. A few legit players might have got pegged, but the hackers got it for sure. Also Holly said that it was not one incident and that they collected data for weeks. Are you saying Holly is lying?
    Simone and Rhiyannon like this.
  16. Fostee2 New Member

I don't know if it's 100 out of which 4 were unjustified or 100 out of which 99 were unjustified. 1 unjustified is an error that's not acceptable. Luckily it's an online game - if you were to extrapolate this to real life, sending 100 people to jail out of which you had no business being in jail, you wouldn't exactly say it's a good thing in the long run, would you? :)
  17. Detheb2 New Member

Holly has responded to emails and say they're going to check into it in the morning, but that attacking a mob that GM invisible had worn off of, would in fact flag an account for suspension. Email support staff with your account name, and have them look into it. You should be fine, consider it a 24h vacation!
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  18. Fostee2 New Member

Yes, we have seen multiple fake mobs. I have seen fake innoruk, fake cazic and fake naggy. and attacked all of em, tried dispelling the "shadows permanent" effect they spawned with, tried trading with them (cazic gave me my copper back saying he doesn't need it), etc.

First reaction when you see a raid target that you've been waiting on for 10+ hours is, wait, I'm not gonna target it/attack it/try to figure out wtf is wrong with it? Has DBG tried figuring out exactly how these were viewed/popped? or has any research has been done to see if maybe a completely legit account could see these things pop? I haven't been contacted about a damn thing, just flat out suspended with no chance of even cancelling that account.

Funny thing is, i even opened a ticket from that account about buggy fake mobs...
  19. Xnao Augur

I bet daybreak spawned fake mobs to catch people targeting mobs that are not targetable by normal means.
  20. Mad Bro New Member

Why are you even complaining? Cancel your account and shut up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.