Staff Post Tracker

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goth Augur

Hey this is starting to just get silly.. All i see most of the time is you guys closing down threads left and right.

Its been like this every sense TLP opened... come on stop locking threads or take out all the junk from the Post Tracker.

I would like to see you guys post about something meaningful to the game than seeing dozens of copy and paste thread lock posts.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Whenever Radarx or Roshen get in the office this will get closed too :)
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

A) posting about moderation is against the forum rules.
    B) have you seen most of the cesspool that is the TLP subforum?

It's surprising to find threads that *aren't* locked there, considering the endless cycle of whining, threats, debate over controversial, highly subjective topics, accusations at people/guilds, stereotyping, massive text wall posts that say little to nothing meaningful and on and on and on.
  4. Goth Augur

Yea someone mentioned all the spam in the Staff Post Tracker once. They removed mod posts from the tracker for a short time but now they are back.

I like looking at the tracker but hate how most of it just mods posting they are locking threads.
  5. Saroc_Luclin Augur

From what I understand, Roshan is the only mod now, and he's also the Community Rep (in charge of spreading info to the Community) so they can't exactly split him off on the post tracker.

As for tracking the Dev's, they have been quieter lately, but there are a number of factors for that.
    * Work on TLP so the info gets out on TLP on patch days and such.
    * Vacation time: Some of them are off or heading off on vacation, so they aren't around to post.
    * Work on the Campaign expansion. Summer is when that work tends to really ramp up, so the Dev's tend to go silent until they can start speaking about the new stuff on the Beta boards.
  6. Smallpox Augur

Kinda laughed about that. The last few "expansions" were really just extensions.

Copy and Paste mobs/items, and a couple of "real" zones with 50 instances does not constitute an expansion.
  7. Goth Augur

Sir.... they made a mount key ring... and DINOSAURS...

lol. I have decided that i wont buy every expansion or campaign anymore but i would buy one that includes two..

question is will the new campaigns include past expansions.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

While maybe not his full time job, RadarX is active on these boards as well and seems to be a very reasonable mod from my one experience PM'ing him.

Also, didn't someone post a work around to hiding the TLP garbage within the new/unread threads function? Maybe that could be applied to the staff tracker as well?
  9. Smallpox Augur

If they are going by EQ2's model.... no.

https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content

(ie: You have to own the latest expansion for that Campaign to work)

It will be interesting to see if there will be any more "expansions" for EQ, or will they just do these campaigns from on.
  10. Sancus Augur

One of my biggest issues with the "campaign" name is how they used the same term to describe the DLC EQ 2 got, despite claiming that it was not representative of what a "normal" campaign would be. It is very possible that campaigns inherit many of the qualities (especially the negative ones) of Rum Cellar, but using the same name and claiming our campaigns will be different is just asking for pessimism about EQ's future.
    Yinla, Ferry-Tunare and Smallpox like this.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing this. If you have concerns about forum moderation, ping us directly

This was easier when there were dedicated mods. Since I post news and moderate forums, you'll see both in the staff post tracker.
    Nenake likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.