Question for those of you who "want to raid"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Labatt Babyyyyy Journeyman

Actually, I'm pretty sure they don't care at all and are just too lazy or stretched on resources to implement the system. EQ2 TLP beta, live servers getting scenarios, and making marketplace items that nerds love to buy.

A good example was during the TLP talks on Twitch a dev said something unbelievable. He talked about how making the tradeskill window have a COMBINE ALL button was super super easy to add in....just took them about 10 years of people begging for them to do it. They have mentioned a UI rework would be fairly easy but people have been asking for that only since 2002/2003 so give it another 3 years.
  2. Protocol Dragon Defender

Current respawn timers are already a loot fest. In most cases we're seeing 24-30 hour respawns. That means in one week we see almost a whole months worth of raids from original classic era.
  3. Esper Augur

I do not think it would be fatal to the game and I completely would not mind LJ being the full instance server. What I do have a problem with is that every single player on these servers signed up to play knowing full well that there were no raid instances. The only instancing promised was load balancing for the newbie zones (not even a true instance which is typically private). The chips fell and those that thought they would be at the top of the food chain or those that thought it would be all care bares and rainbows of sharing and rotations got a hard dose of reality and now they want to change the game to benefit themselves and screw over those that want it the way it is and was meant to be.
  4. MaestroM Augur

I'm fine with them increasing mob difficulty. But I want the challenge to come only from the dragon.

Seeing who can do the most DPS within 2 minutes of a mob spawning is not fun for me. I want it to be personal. me, my friends, and the dragon.

The loot argument doesn't hold when BABS and BAM are in the game. And when the high level server pop is 4-5 times classic.
    Rhiyannon, Elkay and Vaclav like this.
  5. MaestroM Augur

Most of us have been arguing for instancing for 6 months. Long before the server was launched.
    Rhiyannon, sihpa and Vaclav like this.
  6. Esper Augur

And it launched without it and you still chose to play it this way.
  7. Labatt Babyyyyy Journeyman

And yet here you guys are...still paying their paychecks <3
  8. Vaclav Augur

a) Who really cares about loot quantity? Due to reduced timeline/etc there would have to be an unfathomable number of guilds defeating this content (which revamped is no joke) and the much larger population of these servers vs. Classic servers to ever even get close to even sniffing the same air as the level of loot saturation in Classic.

And regardless if loot quantity WAS a concern, Daybreak wouldn't have opted to accelerate spawns to their current schedule. It's a bad argument that clearly has already been thrown out. (Likely for reasoning like I mentioned earlier)

Hell man, during classic there was a period of a few days a few times where you could farm CoFs from fire beetles and such. Bugged, but never rolled back for the first couple hours worth. I didn't see anyone whining that the ones that stayed after that ruined anything - or people whining that Kunark drops being accessible right now via the DE's in Kithicor.

b) The content is hard but doable - it's wiped plenty of people while being defeatable with an appropriate number - besides some cheesy tactics (the pet walling), there's not much tuning needed if you ask me.

c) I would suggest instance requests have a min of 36 and a max of 54 - lower to keep cheeseball stuff in line and higher to not trivialize it by filling a raid. It would also line up with current raid maxes in current content.

d) Considering we're having a challenge getting them to actually do the right thing (although buffed encounters are an important step to it!) already, that's a pretty ludicrous thing to say. Not to mention running over other guilds and creating drama really isn't "challenge" anymore than if I go to the Arcade during a Street Fighter II championship get there before anyone else then bribe the arcade attendant to lock the doors so I win by default - sure I won, but it's not because everyone proved themselves equally.

Seems almost more like that "challenge" argument is a fear of others that you claim are "lesser" actually aren't and are only being held down by your more available playtime. They can't compete with you right now because of an arbitrary availability requirement - but talent is as of yet unknown.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Sinestre Journeyman

From your past posts I see you think raiders have an issue with morals and how you think you HAVE to be an to join a raiding guild. You don't, just letting you know. I help people all the time, I don't train people and I don't steal people's camps and I don't box a mage box army to ruin your day. So that's a falsehood squashed, which has been told to you before yet you seem to ignore it.

You mention time restraints - not my problem, like I said you're not any better than me, figure it out.

Not every guild uses a batphone.

You seem to think that people who have killed raid targets shouldn't keep farming them for their guild and their members to get gear because you said "hey we're of level/going to be too, we got the gear, please stop hogging the mob you've killed 20 times already" No one is going to give you a mob, you have to fight for it. Fighting for a contested mob does not mean you automatically have to hulk into an . Why should raid leaders/guild leaders forfeit a mob they know they can kill for upgrades for their members just because you want that chance to kill it and get the loot too? They shouldn't. There's a process for all that, it's called get a guild, form connections, make friends and have fun killing dragons together, instead of pissing and moaning about your "moral condition" or the need for someone to change 16 year old content for YOU because YOU can't get with the program.
    Gregolo and Labatt Babyyyyy like this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

To be fair most of us having only been paying for 2 months or so - and sometimes not even then - I'm running every account on Kronos I bought on normal servers until there's a situation that proves I'll never let a month or two lapse - the minute that happens our mains go to the longest sub option available - and quite possibly some of the alt accounts (although it depends on the month, just had a PSU blowout on the desktop so my gaming budget might have a dent in it depending how the RMA goes).
  11. Vanic Elder

I'm going to say this last bit and be done because it's derailing a very good thread that Jain started and this issue has been beat to death more than once.

I don't grief and I don't oppose minimal changes to the game, but I do oppose dramatic changes that takes what EQ is and turns it into games I've chosen to avoid. The changes to the raid bosses in game are great, will they continue to buff others as we go on? Let's hope so! As it stands right now, Nagafen and Vox are NToV strength (Hit/AE) mobs, but just a lower level version of them with less HP. However, opening up instancing on mobs that anyone can kill is a bit much and as other people have said, makes it a "loot pinata".

To me they should up the difficulty again of the dragons, I feel the strength is maybe right, add another 50 or 100k HP, see how many people are just dropping dragons and gods left and right. Make PD hit for 1,300 with a more deadly damaging stun, and when we get to Velious let AoW Flurry for 1500-2k, that will remind people of the old days. The truth is most people wouldn't want that, PD would be very difficult I think, and AoW would once again make tanks cringe and possibly wipe out raids. Continue tweaking the mobs as needed, not the game.
    Protocol likes this.
  12. Rauven Augur

Believe me, I agree with you there. Its my wish that the challenge is in the game itself. I want coordination and discipline to be a big part of taking down bosses. But I don't want it to be the sole focus. Individual player skill, class knowledge, and getting the roles in play to work together should be the deciding factor once you have the basics down of getting everyone together and ready.

The loot argument is what it is. They (producer and devs) want the loot to be given out sparingly. I personally don't care about it. If they put in instanced raids, as hard as I want them to be, and all they reward is a title, a bag, and some other non-stat trinket item... I'd still be interested in doing them. Don't waste your time trying to convince me, I'm pretty impartial to it... as long as it isn't given out like candy is all I care about (aka, I don't want there to be instances where the big guilds simply get more loot with no challenge to it). You gotta convince the producer and devs. I'm just bringing up numbers that they might be looking at. In all honesty, I don't know what they want as far as that's concerned.
  13. Labatt Babyyyyy Journeyman

OH REMEMBER THAT TIME THEY TINKERED WITH SPAWN TIMES SO MORE LOOT AND TARGETS COULD BE ACCESSED!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  14. sihpa Augur

Do you even play this game? I cannot take you seriously at all after having looked at your numbers that "may need a little tweeking" unless you meant tweeking as in doing tons of methamphetamines to make it reasonable LOL good lord.

Abusing instancing? Who exactly is going to be abusing instancing OTHER than the already l33t people? No one cares if you and your guild are good enough to split into 29374298374 groups to kill the dragon. Why do you care how many people it takes us to kill it?

Atm it appears even TL and a few other of the raiding guilds have already wiped on Naggy and imo thats right where you want the encounter to be. A challenge. Those people are supposedly the best of the best atm, are you seriously so concerned that hoards of "casuals" are suddenly going to be splitting their family guilds up to farm the living hell out of encounters? Seriously? Seems like the definition of a strawman argument to me.

Even if they ARE capable of doing it with a group of 6 people WHO cares! Bravo to them. To steal Holly's words, "why would you want to diminish their achievements"?

Oh and guess what? The last naggy events I went to at L100 were single groupable too. Zomg noooooooooooo. Actually yes they were and I was on the team that did it. Did people freak the out over it? No. Did people get mad that we had more chances at the aug drop? No, in fact it INSPIRED others to try to do it with less and less people too. They upped their game. It created competition.

I really cant take your that nonsense any longer. Just no.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Labatt Babyyyyy Journeyman

Ok, but you're still playing. You are still supporting the devs/decisions/game/company/server. Whether you use a game card from 2006 or your dad's credit card....you are still supporting them. See the lines? Are they connected?
  16. sihpa Augur

Actually it launched WITH instancing. Dunno where you been, bud.
  17. MBear Augur

The COMBINE ALL button needs to go. EQ without the bugs was PERFECT.
    No instancing, no tradeskill UI, no spawning with your gear equipped and your spells memmed, and on and on.
    Next time open two servers, a classic TLP and a modified TLP. The modified TLP does need instancing.
    Alternatively, if we are going to make one of these less and less classic, let's make the other more and more classic.
  18. sihpa Augur

For how long right? I mean the argument raiders use that if there is nothing to raid they wont log in is valid on live servers, then why do these servers somehow magically not have the same issue?
  19. Esper Augur

Wrong, it launched with load balancing. This is not a case of semantics, instances are private zones, load balancing is still shared zones used to balance the population. There are still zero instances of the type you are asking for. As for where I have been, I've been on server since day 1, and day 1 #2, and day 1 #3 and I've been killing gods and dragons.... how about you?
    Gregolo likes this.
  20. sihpa Augur

Hello brickwall, my name is sihpa. Etepp in game. Nice to meet you.
    Rhiyannon likes this.