High Ping Times

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by JustFixItWouldYa, Jun 29, 2015.

1. JustFixItWouldYa New Member

I've begun experiencing high ping times, between 1400 and 2200ms, starting a couple of days ago on Povar. I had a look at the ping times when I started zoning very slowly, so I don't know what my previous ping times were. Normally, I'd zone in a few seconds. Speedtest.net shows my ping times to their servers are around 23ms, so the problem is something not related to my setup.

Has anyone else experienced a slow connection to EQ lately?
  2. Leex Pewpewer

You should contact your ISP network first, when you do speed tests do you get what you should or is that low as well? If that is low then you should call them up and tell them to reset your network or possible they might have to change your gateway.
  3. JustFixItWouldYa New Member

I get low ping times (which is a good thing) of around 23ms when doing a speed test. My latency and throughput to non-EQ networks are similarly good. The high ping times (which are a bad thing) are for connecting to the EQ server Povar. I haven't measured a connection to any other EQ server.

I'm hoping that today's maintenance will address the problem. The fact that they're not patching is a hopeful indication that they're doing something about it.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

Well, this could be where you live( distance from the cali server )..Or your connection could not be stable..So when you do the speed test you see what you should get, however over prolonged periods of time your connection decreases in speed. I actually had this issue not to long ago, I'm also on Povar. Turned out I was on the wrong gateway through my isp ( not sure how it changed ) I also had to replace my modem.

Hope it works itself out, good luck!
  5. porky Augur

Same problems here(also on Povar, and I live in southern Cali so its not my distance from the server. I Logged in tonight saw 60 ping which is higher than normal for me, when i hit my join channel buttons it shot up to 1049. Is there something buggy with the chat system again? ...again.... again...
  6. Stickietoes Augur

The last few days I've been lagging off and on.

Probably because I rarely log in now... /sarcasm off
  7. porky Augur

Its not channels, i dropped all channels and the ping still went up... I ran around to different zones and it would be ~60 ping after i zoned in and run up to over 4000 in some cases. anything over ~150 is unplayable. Whatever they did in the patch today seems to have broken the game.