Holly interview on MassivelyOP...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laronk Augur

Ahh for a brand new server this makes sense maybe.
  2. Xanadas Augur

Great, the 25 people here on the forums who constantly complain about boxers can have a server all to themselves!
    Motherlee and code-zero like this.
  3. guado Augur

Alternatively, you could instance raids (Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, Planes of Power Progression), which would make more of the player base happy rather than just the portion that wants a No-Boxing server.
  4. Silv Augur

Too much logic, sir.
    Kegwell, Kiillz and guado like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thanks for posting. Would you be able to allay some concerns about Live while you're on the subject?

We get that TLP is good bang for the buck, PR, draw for prior players, etc....and many of us have poked around there for fun, nostalgia, whatever. But after the minuscule and poorly put together CotF/TDS expansions, can Live ever expect complete, immersive content releases again, or are the last 2 expansions the new bar?
    Xeladom and guado like this.
  6. Tintaglia Elder

Some of us were discussing this very thing yesterday, but the thread got locked down. It hadn't derailed or gotten nasty either.

But if you're seriously considering this, I have a few more suggestions for you to add to that server:

* No krono EVER. Not to be claimed on the server. You have tons of other servers to continue to drive krono sales. While one server without wouldn't ADD to revenues this way, it most assuredly wouldn't SUBTRACT revenues either.

* No special content or events like Stormhammer had. We just want active and ample GM presence.

* Tack on a "premium" fee to offset new GM salaries.

* I would gladly allow you (DBG) to install a snooper program that was designed to detect the presence of The Program™. Detection of The Program™ running on my computer would trigger a priority message to the CS department, where a GM could quickly shut down the account.This program could be patched regularly through the Launchpad, to keep up with the changes the hacker/cheater community makes.

* Open the server with Kunark and Velious unlocked as well. Keep it this way for six months MINIMUM and do not offer a vote until that time has expired, regardless of raid bosses left unkilled (like any would survive). Make unlock votes be strictly time based, with three month voting intervals between expansions after Luclin.

* Make use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and WINEQ2 also verboten. If you implement a "one account per PC" rule, there is no need for this software either.

* Take name change potions of the Marketplace, strictly for this server. Make reputation matter again.

And lastly, we Filthy Casuals™ are offended that we shouldn't be allowed to kill raid bosses. I for one, in years past and as one of these Filthy Casuals™, organized and led raids against many of these raid targets. My Faydedar raids were always successful, and I only ever had one person die, because he went LD just as we engaged, and got feared into the water and drowned. Being a casual isn't about lack of strategy, it's about doing it at your own pace, not having to resort to batphones and poopsocks. And it certainly shouldn't be about who can bring more all-mage bot armies. THAT is a distinct lack of strategy.
    Shortina and guado like this.
  7. vardune Augur

i would for sure pay to play on that server. The 6 and 12 man bot groups are out a control.
  8. Windstalker Executive Producer

The majority of the EQ team has continued to work on content for the campaign for fall/winter. There are some really engaging stories and zones coming and some level-agnostic content also. It's a very immersive and a creative story. We'll start sharing some more details and art on that soonish. Trust me, though, the work has been ongoing.

As for the bar... The bar is not the same bar. It's a different bar. We are trying to look at the bar in a new way, but want to ensure it's a good, creatively sturdy and awesome bar to play with... I hate to be vague, but that's where we are for the moment until we can share more, which will be soon (tm).
    Khat_Nip likes this.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Well, in that case it probably would have been wiser to ask the community directly rather than floating the idea via the MassivelyOP article.
  10. Qulas Augur

11. svann Augur

Wow. Massive screw up massively.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Thanks for the information.

Just want to make one thing super clear - I think most players would agree that the story/art of TDS was fine (Good, even), but the *content itself is not*. Mobs with artificially high hp, tasks with upwards of 30 or 40 hails, entire zone progression with 6-8 kill tasks, 1 partisan task and 1 hero mission, and a severely limited one tier of 7 raids in 1 zone is not sufficient to keep people interested.

To a lot of us, the bar is everything RoF and prior, before the massive staff reductions. Hailing things isn't engaging or immersive gameplay.
  13. Kalgor the Mad New Member

I would certainly play on a no-box server.

But perhaps a simpler approach is to disable Krono trading on TLP altogether. Kronos have destroyed the economy. Many of these box armies are simply farming for resale items for krono. It all liquidates into real money being welfared out from CC subscribers that cannot contend for gear and exchanging earned plat for it (something that used to be just a digital transaction when the game was designed - long before F2P existed on planet earth). It won't solve it... but it helps having logical deterrents.

Too late now, the economy is now "wts fbss 3 kronos pst" based.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Mayfaire Augur

All that. Sheex, I feel like we were separated at birth, because you say so much of what I am thinking, lol.
    Sheex likes this.
  15. Mayfaire Augur

The adage that money makes the world go 'round really must be true.

I cannot believe the ranting, raving, demanding, bodies being thrown in the floor, threats, etc that I have seen and the devs keep trying to capitulate. Maybe it is just that the tlp forum peeps are a whole other animal from the average tlp player, I don't know. But if I were Holly I would just take a stance that the tlp servers are what they are, it is what you all signed up for, have fun.

:cool:
    Melanippe and Elricvonclief like this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Couldn't find a darn YouTube link ><. However, to quote the legendary Milhouse van Houten:

So this is what it feels like... when doves cry!
    Fallfyres and Mayfaire like this.
  17. Rotlust Augur

please this a milion and one please PLEASE PLEASE this would be the perfect server for me and my friends. Boxers completely ruin the experience for us. I would pay 150$... nay 300$ a month for a server like this. I'm not even joking and I think there are others that would be willing to pay extra for the privilege to play on a server like this. I would start all over and if you advertised there was a server like this coming, I guarantee there would be a lot of people that got discouraged by all the annoying box teams to come back for this server. Quite a few people that just I know quit over them.
  18. Slasher Augur

Why not COTF? Lets agree the number of zones was 3-4 too low but it did have 32 heroics which means the same amount of dev time went into creating them that would go into creating new zones. I think the real issue with more zones was a lack of art resources and time to do it. I would be very happy with an expansion that has 8-10 zones and 32 + heroics with 2 group missions in each zone that expansion was not small content wise despite people saying it was.
  19. Fidde Lorekeeper

Guess I wouldn't need to pay for my 2 extra toons. Or any of them. Thumbs Down to this waste of resources.
  20. code-zero Augur

This is something that it'd be worth putting up in an in game poll. How much interest is there really for such server?

Personally it'd be a big fat no, I don't like to be limited from being able to log in a second or third account whenever I feel like it so I'd stick with existing servers. Something that you'd have to keep in mind is that there'd be subset who'd tell you it's a great idea and after dabbling would go back to live
    Motherlee and Mayfaire like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.