The Saga of Lucimia | Ragefire

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Renfail, May 29, 2015.

1. Renfail New Member

Hey everyone, Tim "Renfail" Anderson here from the Saga of Lucimia guild on Ragefire.

If you are someone who appreciates scheduling your playtimes in advance just like a classic D&D session, we're probably what you are looking for. Everyone here is married, has children, has full time jobs, and while gaming is our primary passion/hobby, we don't just log in at whim and play for 15 minutes here and there. Instead, we block out 2-3 hour sessions several times per week and explore with our friends, families, and guildmates.

While we aren't raiding at this point in time, we DO schedule our play sessions out, and we set up static groups within the guild based on class and playtime so that players always have a group when they log on, and the concept of LFG goes out the window. Structure is the savior of limited playtime sessions, and ensures that forward progress is always maintained, even if you can only play 2-3 times per week.

We have a core group who are in their early to mid 20s who play at least three times per week for several hours per session, mostly in the Pacific evening hours, and another core group who play EST mornings. We don't currently have a restriction on classes at this point.

We have zero plans to raid at this time; we're primarily here for community, general dungeon crawling, roleplaying, and building friendships with other players who either miss the nostalgia of the old days, or never got to experience it in the first place. And to give our existing community a place to play together while we are finishing the alpha build of our own game for early access (still a few months out).

If you are looking for a guild that is going to be racing to the top, competing for raid mobs in the end-game rotation, or camping spawns for loot to sell, that's not us.

If you are looking for a guild of folks where you'll find friendship, comradarie, static groups based on your level/class/playtime, and community FIRST, then we might be what you are looking for.

There's only a few things you need to know.

First, we aren't interested in solo-player mentalities. If you are the type of player who is going to level up with pick-up groups and ignore the guild/static groups, we aren't for you. But if you are someone who will sacrifice your own leveling for the good of the community at whole, and drops back regularly to help your guildmates stay within your level range, especially those in your group, you'll fit right in.

We adventure as a TEAM, not as individuals. That means if the guild directive for the month is Crushbone, the ENTIRE guild is in Crushbone, not off in the Karanas or Blackburrow or somewhere else because you got a PUG invite.

Second, if you are someone who plans on farming items to make plat, we aren't the guild for you. Our players NEVER sell to other guild members. Instead, we are a family of players who want to make sure our community grows as a unit, which means items, gear, crafting mats and etc. are handed off to those guild mates who can use them...NEVER sold to them for profit.

And finally, if your only goal is to race to the cap or hit max level as quickly as possible...we aren't the guild for you. We are here for community first, content second, and leveling third. We regularly drop back to help stragglers get caught up with the rest of the guild, and we NEVER go off half-cocked. We adventure as a unit.

If you are interested, you can look us up in-game.

We're actually a 14-man team of developers who are building an old-school MMORPG in our spare time. We're about 15 months into our development cycle right now, we have a strong core community of supporters, and when we saw Ragefire coming up on the horizon, we decided we'd come here for a few months and "relive the glory" with some of our community members and loyal supporters while we are still getting our own alpha servers ready.
    We've got a small group of folks already in the game: 23 of us are guilded.

Crafters are also highly desired.

We have multiple slots available for mornings and evenings North American time.

You can also hit us up on our forums here, or send me a message here (or in-game; I play mostly mornings 6 a.m. - 10 a.m. Central Time while I'm working on other projects from the home office). I'm either on Renfail or my necromancer, Thelis.
  2. Geozen Journeyman

Eldaran here. If you are near Greater Faydark try to message me or Renfail in game for a guild invite or for questions! Hope to see you soon!
  3. Renfail New Member

Yep!

And I know we'll be around tomorrow morning. Plus, we've got other devs/officers online in the evening hours as well, so just holler if anyone needs an invite!
  4. PetMyLlama Journeyman

Vihar here - I've had a couple of chats with the Saga of Lucimia guys before the idea of TLP in EQ came up. These are great guys and I am looking forward to getting to tagged up with them on Ragefire. They are really the reason why I even bothered to reinstate my All Access pass!
  5. Renfail New Member

Cheers, Vihar :)

Wife and I are heading to Cancun to get our new apartment set up on Monday evening, so I personally won't be in game much until probably mid/late week, but Eldaran and the rest of the crew should be around both mornings and evenings :)

We're taking it slow right now, getting stragglers in, people tagged, caught up in levels...and once we get settled into our new pad, we'll be finalizing the static groups and preparing our first guild directive and heading as a unity into the field. Probably mid-June!

Plenty of time and we're not rushing :)
    PetMyLlama likes this.
  6. Renfail New Member

Still bringing more folks in, so let us know if you are interested!
  7. Renfail New Member

Our static groups started leveling today; the night crew has their own thing going on, but my morning crew is currently looking for a cleric + chanter/bard for the 7 - 10 a.m. EST slots. We've currently got a Pally/Ranger/Wizard/Druid group going on, level 15-20 at present, working our way up. So if you play morning slots we have room for weekday leveling in the mornings....and also more for the evening crews!
  8. Siffo New Member

Do you use some form of voice chat?
  9. Renfail New Member

Skype for the static groups, yep.
  10. Renfail New Member

Hey everyone!

An update on our recruiting. The core group has moved into the early/mid 20s, and we have a couple of regular groups operating during mid-morning EST weekdays, and late evenings Pacific time weeknights. A few of us also have toons in the mid-30s.

We are wide open for all classes/races at this point, and are having fun with general leveling, roleplaying, crafting, and questing. If you are looking for a guild who isn't interested in raiding, but rather just hanging out, having fun, and general leveling/questing, look us up!