Disable Krono...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wtfidk, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Eldrian Augur

Krono will eventually stabilize and not be such an impact as they are now. The problem with them atm is people started up on RF with tons of Krono already banked and ready. This created an immediate wealth difference between the long standing players/RMT crowd and those who just now returned to EQ. The impact from this difference is already beginning to diminish and will eventually have little to no market influence at all.
  2. Jezzie Augur

I can't stand RMT because of the problems is causes to regular players that just play for fun.
    When you play for profit, then the incentive is their to use every tool available to maximize profits. The aim of that game is to grab and hold as much content as you can, denying the content to others giving them the choice to either pay cash or go without.
    What krono has done is legitimize these problems and encourage even more people to play in the manner described enough.
    Krono has made things worse, but at least the money is going to Daybreak instead of elsewhere. Now, about those tools being used to maximize profits. I would of thought/hoped that with the extra income Daybreak would be able to do a better job with detection than they have been doing. That's just bad form on their part!

Saying that, it seems to have also virtually removed the need for players to go through 3rd party websites to do business. I see way, way, way more RMT action on these sites for p99 than for the TLP's, which currently don't show much more action than live.
  3. Jent Elder

I have millions and millions of plat on my home server. It's not a boast, just the result of 16 years of playing EQ. It's really only a reference point anymore. Any gear I need is obtained via raids or progression. So I bought a bunch of krono in the /baz for use on Ragefire. There is zero chance I'm going to fight neckbeards for spawns to farm gear. I work 50+ hours a week, I'm 44 years old for crissakes. So if I need gear, Krono is my best friend. And the farmers love me, I pay for their Mt Dew and pizza.
    Laeinye and code-zero like this.
  4. rekais910 Augur

How? they currently have have other items in hte marketplace disabled on this server. Think about it they can keep separate builds of EQ and install them on separate servers. That'd be like saying they can't make a TLP server cause they would have to disable all the expansions on all the servers.
  5. rekais910 Augur

I don't think Kronos should be disabled either. Even if raids are instanced krono will still be spent in great amounts because people have boxes and alts. Simple as that. Not everyone is gunna raid even if instanced.
  6. Gregolo Augur

I think I love you.
    Jent likes this.
  7. TarewMarrForever Augur

Would getting rid of Krono "solve" anything?

No, it would make things much worse.

RMT will never go away. If not Krono, then something else. Always. Krono makes RMT far less painful, less dangerous, and adds to the overall stability and longevity of the game by serving as a revenue source for DBG. Thus, it has two very good legitimate reasons for existing, as others have pointed out.

Even if you make every item on TLP NO TRADE, there would still be RMT / Krono market. People would still sell loot rights.
  8. wtfidk New Member

You know, this is something I had honestly not even considered. I guess its possible to bring it here to use for items, even though it would be worth a significantly diminished value.

And there it is.

That's about my situation, less the 16 years played and millions of plat.
  9. Flandersian Augur

Oh I am definitely being biased and unfair. That's what personal opinions usually consist of :D
  10. Gregolo Augur

I will however state that Krono does make RMT far more accessible. It's the only evil I can really think of.

An example being, I wouldn't be scared to make $10-12 micro-transactions for Krono over Paypal. So if I have an item worth 15 Krono it's definitely easier for me to divide it up and start black marketing my wares. Mainly because Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, and digital goods are extremely easy to feign "no receipt of item" with.
  11. Laeinye Lorekeeper

This is the dumbest thinking ever. Some people have more $$ to spend on their hobbies than others, and that's what Everquest is, a video game, A HOBBY. What if buying something in EQ with $$ makes their gameplay more enjoyable instead of sitting at a camp for hours/days/weeks waiting for an item to drop? Are they now an evil person because they want to enjoy EQ and not camp something in a massive unfun (is that a word?) timesink? No, it doesn't make them evil. Camping Frenzy for 20+ hours might be fun for YOU, but not to a lot of people. Is it fair? No, its not fair, but guess what, life isn't fair, one day when you grow up you'll learn that firsthand.

Edit: Just to add a disclaimer, I never have nor ever will buy something in EQ with RL $$, but I'd never condone it or tell someone to "re-evaluate your life decisions immediately" because of it.
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Just to be clear, are you suggesting a solution without identifying a problem? That's kind of weird.
  13. Laeinye Lorekeeper

I wish I could "Like" this statement millions and millions of times.
    Jent likes this.
  14. Gregolo Augur

Jain I just clicked your Magelo. With volume way too loud :(

I'm mad at both you and Spotify.
  15. TarewMarrForever Augur

Jent isn't the only one with that story. That describes exactly my scenario as well, and I'm sure many others who are long-time vets who returned just for TLP 2.0.
    Jent likes this.
  16. wtfidk New Member

Yup, operating on the assumption people that post here would be reading the forums and familiar with "the problem". Sorry.

The problem being people that box with zero regard to others for personal gain and, I feel, also have no regard for the TLP community.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. TarewMarrForever Augur

I couldn't agree with Gregolo more.

Let's look at it from another angle.

Some make $125/hr and have had 114 Krono in account when they liquidated their plat 3 years ago from their mainline server.

To this person, contextually, a Krono has exceedingly little real-life value, because $15 to $18 has very little RL value. Furthermore, those 114 Krono aren't work $15 to $18 to him, because he paid NOTHING to get him other than millions of platinum.

So this person can work an hour, jump on ???????.com, and buy 8 Krono, and have them delivered in game in minutes. Or they could buy 7 "legit" for the same price. Either way, somewhere, DBG got their money.

Or, they could spend one of the 114 they've had sitting around for 3+ years.

Either way, what does 8 Krono buy you on Ragefire?

Right now, you could get (roughly) a GEBS, FBSS, and M2HS.

In a month you could get a hell of a lot more.

Either way, try farming those items up in an hour. Even a pro running 4 x 6 mage bot boxes. It's just not going to happen. Not in an hour.

And, let's not forget that the hours spent camping in no way guarantee the result, and to most players are in no way fun.

It's really quite simple, and that explains why the Krono has been seeing (relatively) slow inflation.
  18. tofu stir fry Augur

the game is still based on the individual. I as an individual see little to no use for krono. have i bought one? Yes. did i feel any better about it? no. if people want to barter and trade in krono its just another currency in game similar to plat. Only difference being is at some point someone paid a real monetary value for it. if you want to use krono go ahead. if you don't want to use it don't. No one is forcing it on you. Asking a game company to limit there influx of cash in order to create that nostalgia is just not going to work. that profit is used to keep this game alive. albeit in a strange way, but who am I to judge. I am just glad i can still login to a great game I've played for 15+ years.

cheers to you all and see you on lockjaw someday!
  19. Flandersian Augur

Relaaax, guy. It is a hyperbolic viewpoint framed in an absurd manner to try and add levity to this mess of a community.

Or, it's a personal attack against everything you stand for. Either/or
  20. Fallfyres Augur

-----------

Awwwwww..darn it....some people who are trying to make money off the new TLP server (s) or buy their way might have a not so secure exchange from another unsavory player. 《《《《《《《 Yes...totally being judgemental on this important issue.

Additionally ....DBG would still be able to capitalize on players buying DBG Cash for items from the cash store.