camp stealing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grinder, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Grinder New Member

So how many times have you had a camp that you waited for for days checking back a few times a night? Then you get it you all excited been waiting for got you hopes up for some loots. kill a few mobs and some high lvl toons show up. and just start stealing all the spawns. is it cool to DPS race? and KS mobs? and ruin other peoples game time? Can you just walk into any camp you want if you know you can out dps the group that is there and just take it? What can we do to stop this. I know I have had this happen to me at lest a half dozen times now. and I realy want to know what I can do to get people to stop. or do I just have to lvl to max lvl as fast as I can so I can go back to the lower lvl stuff I want to camp and ks some low lvl guy?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Warlorf Augur

Unfortunately new people to the game don't or won't respect any type of camp. Even though it's stated they don't exist those of us that have been around since the beginning know better. They exist but people are ignorant towards them at times. Don't worry in time karma will come back on them.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

Personally, if they tag it then I consider it theirs and expect the same courtsey.

As a necro, they don't want to piss me off. I have many tools to make their lives ... interesting.
    Vaclav, Fallfyres and Warlorf like this.
  4. Slythix New Member

I just enjoy all the new names for camps being called now, like "safe cubby" which is literally a few feet away from the safe hall in lower guk.

I call frenzy safe corner camped!
  5. Slythix New Member

Are you speaking really softly, or just use magnifying glasses?
  6. Grinder New Member

So it happens again in Frenzy room in guk atm. Srazz and his mage army show up. and /say i'm taking over here. and just started talking all mobs and any mob we pull. what can we do about this ?
  7. Larrs New Member

Yep, we had an amazing group killing frenzy and pulling whatever else trash inbetween. This guy rolls up and basically says "screw you guys, this is mine now, you cant stop me." And we cant, we get no help from DB, cant find a GM, nothing. They do not realize this is going to kill the population on these servers, and their Krono sales are gonna die out, hard.
  8. Grinder New Member

Any GM want to step in here and tell me what I can do to prevent this or tell me what the gms are doing to prevent this?
    Rhiyannon, Muramx and Larrs like this.
  9. Grinder New Member

if this is let to continue thing are going to worse. not better more and more people with start to think it is cool to just camp steal what ever they want. I know you said you want commpations but it is no contest with a group of war ench cleric necro mage monk face a team of 6 mages . there is no way we can keep the camp. that we waiting for and /pic throught 10 zones to find open
  10. Draesin New Member

I was in the Frenzy group with Grinder and Larrs as well. We'd been at the camp for about 3 hours when Srazz walked in with his bot army. Said he'd be taking over the camp. Of course he out DPSd us. We all petitioned and reported. I'm not confident anything will be addressed on this issue. But for what it is worth - this kind of community behavior is what is ruining the server.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  11. Hexaholic Augur

It's been stated in the rules you "accept" whenever you play, and elsewhere. There are no camps, there are no tags, everything is pure DPS race. Yes, there are some people that still respect camps, tags, etc., but there are also plenty that don't. There is nothing you can do, other than /pick, and hope the camp is empty on the next over instance, or find a new camp, or come to an agreement with the stealer of the camp. I know it sucks, but it's just how it is.
  12. Grinder New Member

well isn't something in the rules and ruining other people time in game. that's what they are doing . it's just sad that 1 guy running 6 toons can srew up 6 people day and get away with it
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Grab a train and accidentally give him some extra mobs.
    Saw one of these guys in the hole, had 2 monks give him an extra 10+ mobs during his pull.

Watching 6 mages die is actually quite funny.
    Liquid likes this.
  14. Liquid Augur

Haven't experienced this as of yet. Been KSd a few times, but for someone to roll in and basically take over is ridiculous and pathetic. A ban should be implemented for such behavior. As a monk, I would take a suspension just to train their mate army into oblivion. No reason that everyone should not use Honor, Truth, and Respect in life and in game.
  15. rekais910 Augur

While there is something in the rules about causing another player to lose experience purposely, There just aren't enough GM's available to stop you from doing so when someone like that rolls up on your camp. Not to mention you should take into consideration that mage player won't bother calling a GM either. It's a wild wild world right now and people are doing stupid disrespectful crap and frankly it makes me wonder if it's worth playing on at all. Though if they ever created an instance raid server I would love to see how it turns out. It might end up as one of the most popular servers they have.
    Edit: Sooner or later a board mod will lock this thread for being not useful or only going to turn into something bad. It'll happen. Mostly because everyone's response to these posts is "train em"
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  16. Liquid Augur

The game needs managed like the forums.
    frankie78227, Rhiyannon and Tarrin like this.
  17. Detheb Augur

Yeah, if you catch me on, feel free to send me a tell. I'll see if i can't get your camp back for you. Im not a big fan of people doing that kind of BS
  18. Kahna Augur

Reroll on Lockjaw. I had one camp taken, Efreeti, once. And with /pick coming for that zone I don't expect that will be perma-camped much longer.

Lockjaw is plenty populated, more peeps than Fippy had and Fippy did just fine. Look me up, I'll toss you some buffs and a port if you need one.

Poisoness Kisses
  19. Grinder New Member

just got Word that that Mage army is now /pic camping as many frenzys as he can so my group not the only one being camp stolen by him please DGB does something to prevent this
  20. rekais910 Augur

You know, Fippy did do pretty well for the group scene I will say that. I'm sure Lockjaw is pretty nice as well.