Poll is open for Kunark in game

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Vileborg Journeyman

Just not ready for Kunark. I think three months is acceptable but in fear of them picking the popular vote instead of the majority I'm going to vote the original 6 months. I believe many are voting 6 months because they want to honor the original time frame and I would rather 6 months than split the vote and Kunark open too early.
  2. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

Voted for 6 months on all 3 accounts I have running.

This vote is absurd. Why ask us what we want, we tell you (DBG), then a month later you ask again? What was the point of the first vote? Why should ANYONE trust DBG if they are going to tell us one thing, then just change it a month later?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. SBC0 Elder

Ok- I am talking about the fact that the majority voted for 6 months in the beginning- whatever they said afterword has no bearing on the initial vote- before the progression servers were even finished. And don't tell me that this BS won't happen again if the majority decides they want 6 months again- We will get another vote a month from now.
  4. Nolrog Augur

Not exactly no. It seems that you have to be level 10 or higher to vote. So they had to have levelled a bit as well. Just creating a character on the server doesn't do it.
  5. Druz Augur

How are you interpreting the poll results. Will you assume who voted for immediate release would prefer 3 months over 6 months? I don't want to wait 6 months on Kunark... but if that receives 26% of the vote, 3 months from now receives 25%, immediately receives 25%, and no preference gets 24%, will the 6 month wait win? If so, then I have to hedge my bets and vote for the not-6-months option I think the majority of the community is voting for.

Thanks for any response.
  6. SBC0 Elder

If 6 months gets 26% of the vote, it would be 6 months...
  7. taliefer Augur

i agree with the reasoning on this, but the opposite direction.

i wouldnt mind 3 months of classic, but i dont want to choose that in case the results get lumped in to the "release classic asap" crowd. so im voting 6 months of classic.
  8. Nuanil Elder

Of 3 accounts, only 1 can vote and the one that could is the lowest level.... vote is messed up.
  9. Druz Augur

I don't think you can say this with certainty, but if that would be true, then the other two options should be consolidated into 1. Take away the option for immediate release and pit 3 months versus 6 months.
  10. Yyin New Member

When can we expect to see the results of the poll?
  11. SBC0 Elder

That is how they designed the vote- It is flawed, but it would appear that the option that gets the highest % is the option to win...
  12. Vileborg Journeyman

The word assumption comes to mind. I'd rather they clearly stated the criteria.

Here's my problem. They had people come up with this vote.

1) Did they, not understand having multiple options for opening the server might alter the vote because it may split the no vote.

OR

2) Did they, intentional set this up to skew the vote to get Kunark released because they believe that will help alleviate some of problems they don't want to deal with.

Neither is good. They should fix the vote to yes or no on early release and, then if yes, vote on time frames.
  13. Alexanders Augur

I am sure your not alone there. But thats the right thing to do for this poll. As long as the poll is restricted to Ragefire and Lockjaw aka paying accounts all should be able to vote. Once they start polling for opening expansions regularly as planned they will institute the level caps.

You and other in the raid guilds may not like it cause it gives casuals a say in us getting Kunark early or not. Even if this vote to open Kunark early fails there will still be a vote later to open Kunark which will be limited as the Dev's said it will be and that vote will almost certainly pass. This is just the vote to open Kunark early. Not the vote to open Kunark as scheduled.

I still argue with what was advertised this vote shouldn't even be happening but what can you do. Everyone who pays should be represented. I did not try it on the other servers to see if you can vote on the other live servers using free accounts or not hopefully it is at the very least restricted to Ragefire and Lockjaw users. As long as it is there is no argument that it was unfair or corrupted.
  14. Nydan_silent Journeyman

They are running these votes just like politicians do for tax increase.

Vote: Do you want a tax increase for "save the children"

No.

6 months later

No.

6 months later

No.

6 months later

Yes.

Congrats Tax increase forever. Until the next tax increase comes.
    MBear and Smallpox like this.
  15. Makelite Augur

You've proven my point, mage walling encounters isn't skill, when that can't be done, you will see more competition is all. And yes, it's being "honored" for now.
  16. Numiko Augur

I want to know what happens if "No Preference" wins!

Do they flip a coin or something?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Kellaer Augur

Voted for 6 months three times for maximum misery.
  18. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

Because they didn't ask us? They asked people playing on live?
  19. Arrk Augur

Those "people on live" were potential customers.. of course they had the right to ask them.

The people crying the first poll wasn't fair are naive. And it will be proven with this vote. I will laugh so hard when it stays at 6 months.. and the people crying that the vote wasn't fair have nothing to cry about.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Aryabear Lorekeeper

People are extremely shortsighted. I voted ASAP and i'm NOT max level ( mid 30s). Already people are KSing trash mobs and people expect to play another 6 months of this rubbish?? I'm assuming most of the people who voted yes are not very high level which frankly is not very hard to attain. I'm a casual player and I started maybe a few weeks ago. If in the mid 30s there are no camps in multiple instances i can only imagine what the scene is at 50. I expect to be 50 in maybe two weeks or less, most people can get to 50 EASILY in a month's time and then we will have an extreme bottleneck of lvl 50 players who cannot do anything because they are locked out of content by hardcore guilds but what's worse they have to remain like that for 4 months.

People are voting 6 months to try to piss off hardcore guilds but they don't realize that the hardcore guilds are still going to perma camp everything and SELL you raid gear or make 11 alts to fully raid gear them out. Whether it is kunark or not, you will be locked out of content without instancing, that is a GUARANTEE. At least with kunark there are more zones. The perma camping thing is not going to suddenly go away, no - it will be around until instancing.

If kunark going to solve all the issues currently? NO
    Is there more content to explore? YES

That is why i voted for an ASAP vote for kunark.

Edit: also don't people realize that the more time you give hardcore guilds, the more alts they will make and even less likely for you to join them and/or get raid gear. If this stays to 6 months, every person in a hardcore raid guild will probably have like 10 lvl 50's by then. That is if they don't already have 10 level 50s. I know someone with 18 lvl 50's already.
    Indrigoth and Adrienna like this.