NO TO KUNARK

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grinder, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Grinder New Member

I say no to kunark opening befor planed. I have been playing and taking it slow to enjoy the game and do all the quests at the proper lvl. and it would suck to have to play catch up because people want it sooner after the people alrdy voted for 6 months.

Why would we want to reward the people that raced through and are now socking all the raid mobs and most other good group camps. make all the mage armys wait . give us the time to enjoy the game and not have to rush to keep up with the hard core plat and loot sellers.

if this vote passes i will really think about quitting all DBG stuff forever. why say one thing and then do a vote for early kunark. that's not what we wanted we said 6 months and that's what you said we got. don't go changing it now
    Styixi and Kray like this.
  2. xakanrn Augur

there is so much that needs to be looked into and think the 1000s of posts about it shows what people want.
    resolve the raid scene and raid bosses.kunark opens and then most cannot get their epic due to way raid bosses function since most will not have a shot on raids.
    will make matters way worse.
    i would have expected DBG to resolve this fully then open polls
    pushing to next xpac while so much unresolved
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  3. Ducreux Augur

I mean, they have a system in place to allow people to get their epic 1.0s bypassing the chokepoint mobs. They purposefully elected to not include them on the server so their stance on that matter seems pretty clear.
  4. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Yes x20 on my krono farming mage army.
    Trazzlo and Frenzic like this.
  5. xakanrn Augur

epics last a few xpacs and this is what most people want to have as rest gear gets changed per xpac and levels.
    if this gets bottlenecked i am sure server sub will dip badly.
  6. Roxxanna Augur

I don't see how opening Kunark will help. They will just make a bunch more accounts with all the Krono they've plundered, invade Kunark, and we will have the same crap all over again. For the time being, until someone can change my mind, I will be voting no unlock.

And of it's per toon, no x24, or maybe x48 if I get annoyed enough to consume Krono on my other accounts.
  7. Roxxanna Augur

This is why the vote is bogus, the very people who are causing the most problems have the most votes.
  8. MrBump New Member

I can't understand what the rush is. We've only been in this era for about a month! The problems some say we have (primarily mage armies and raiding) will not be fixed with Kunark. They will just be pushed out by another week or two.

I play almost every day for a few hours and only have one level 20 and one level 30. I'm thoroughly enjoying taking the game easy, grouping (especially grouping!), and exploring content that I've not touched for years. It's all about the nostalgia. I'm looking forward to moving through the 30's and 40's over the next month or so and then camping some of the items I want and doing some of the quests.

Regarding fixes, I was a little apprehensive about instancing content but, I have to say, it was one of the best moves I've seen. It brings us together to encourage grouping while also giving us enough room to breathe as well as still forcing a little competition. This fixed a lot of the issues. Perhaps not excessive boxing. Perhaps not raiding. But most. I'm pretty sure Kunark won't fix those issues though.

[btw, I'm not against boxing - I boxed 4 chars manually for a long time (alt tabbing between chars) - primarily because of the lack of groups in later expansions. I deliberately only rolled up 1 character this time around because I want the re-enjoy the social aspect of an MMO but I do understand boxing as a play style choice providing it fits in amongst other play style choices]

Getting back on track, I'm looking forward to several years on this server but if it goes the route it seems it might, the experience will be over in the blink of an eye. I'm in no hurry to get back to GoD+ and overall lack of groups. EQ is a long term game. Let's keep it that way!

There will always be players who will rush to the end and then get bored. There will always be those who play full-time vs those that are more casual (although 3-4 hours a night in my case is hardly casual). Let's just enjoy the journey people. Take time to smell the roses!
    Styixi likes this.
  9. Trazzlo Elder

If you really believe that over half of the server is that nasty ... maybe the issue is how they are reacting to you and your behavior.

I have found that people on both servers are pretty decent overall. I have few issues or run-ins. Seems like everyone is pretty polite. So they and their extra accounts (like mine and those of my wife) get an extra vote as a result of their increased payments.

Don't forget that you too have the choice to make a bunch of accounts and vote. Of course, like for all of us, our little group of say is trivial compared to the size of the total votes.

This fantasy about everyone being nasty minded is an issue in itself. So, what will you do about it?
  10. skattabrainz Augur

My vote would be... make one server rf / lj 6 month, make the other shorter, give all subscribers a ticket to move 2 or 3 characters for free to whichever they prefer