Names Censored - Bad behavior - this has to stop!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by equinox23, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diemond Augur

What you people need to get through your heads is this. Boxing with the boxing program will always be legal no matter how many threads your post about not wanting it so. What you should be posting and trying to get is a reinstatement of the pnp or a revised version of it as well as some kind of GM enforcement on the server itself whether it's a paid or voluntary position.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This is my own personal opinion......

I currently 2 box and throw in a 3rd when a friend is unable to play to keep him with-in my levels as his play time is limited.

I have a friend that started on this server with 12 accounts to give me & my other friend an advantage because he was able to dominate with those stupid mage boxes and throw stupid amount of plat + kronos my way.

I was unaware coming back how good 3rd party software is to box. I only alt tab, my friend can box 12 guys in 2 different zones with zero issue. He's playing on this server for one reason only, to farm kronos for his home server then he's gone.

Even though I know he's cheating in my own personal terms I'm still going to take advantage of the situation because I'd never pay a sub to this server without kronos as it seems the higher level I get the worse this server becomes and paying for a sub just seems like a waste unless it's a krono that was given to me.

I'd personally like to see boxers that use 3rd party software get banned it's not going to happen so I'm happy to receive the spoils from a friend that abuses the system.
  3. Rhiyannon Augur

4. Numiko Augur

looks like plat beggers have progressed to Krono beggers huh?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Muramx Augur

Obviously you missed some of it then... If you are able to control multiple accounts at the exact same time what does that mean? I have nothing against boxers as I do it myself. However I apparently I am more adept at it I guess as I don't require assistance from any 3rd party programs. As soon as a 3rd party program starts pushing buttons for you... then it breaks the EULA and you should be banned.
    Rhiyannon and Smallpox like this.
  6. Vileborg Journeyman

Yeah this guy rolled through my camp as well. KS'ed the mob we were actively killing, the mob had been pulled, and was under dots and had been physically damaged when his mage army rolled up right in front of me and nuked it out. No surprise but I am getting tired of the total disregard for other people.

I'm not actually sure anyone was in control because I changed instances right after that and it rolled through that instance about 30 mins later pathing back and forth across the island KS'ing people. A few minutes later it was gone and I never saw it again.

I've seen enough stuff in the little over a month that it really didn't phase me. People in the group went crazy but once I convinced them to pick away we found a half populated island. We set up and went back to the grind. We forgot all about it until it stormed through 30mins later but it didn't path through our camp.

Right now it seems like the DPS race is who can bring the most boxed mages. Until that is resolved, expect tons of mage box sets. I put this squarely on the devs who refuse to instance raid content. There would be a lot less of them if it wasn't a requirement to get raid gear.
    Rhiyannon and Smallpox like this.
  7. Smallpox Augur

That pretty much sums it up in most cases.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

I know, and I do not have a problem with this.

Although, it's a bit ridiculous and unfair that the maphack and other cheating plugins get thru just fine. I'm not sure which work and which don't , because I'd never use the "2" on Live, because I'm not a cheater. It's disgusting that on a server where such things exist and roam freely, the devs still don't want to give us instances so we can avoid this toxicity.

The problem is exacerbated due to the uber high density of RF (highest pop ever, classic zones ever = most people per zone), these people get noticed every day, and NOTHING is being done. This makes the legit players feel discouraged and not want to play, because when a game stops being fun, most people realize it's time to stop playing.
  9. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Hey Sparxx, its Fry/Gorf :)
  10. Smallpox Augur

Heya bud :)
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Just wanted to thank you for your UI.
  12. Numiko Augur

They have already officially stated that such a program is allowed to be used in EQ.

Sorry you may not like it, but it is allowed according to daybreak

(for the record I don't like it either, I 4 box but do it the old alt/tab way and would never intentionally KS or camp steal from another player)
  13. wtfidk New Member

This right here is one of the major issues. Boxing should of never been allowed on the new servers, especially with the limited content. If they want to box let them do it on the standard servers where there's more content.
    Smallpox likes this.
  14. Smallpox Augur

Quite welcome. Happy to be of service :)
  15. Bufonidae Elder

Boxxing, Botting, I don't care about either... as long as they aren't Camp/Pull/Kill stealing, training harassing and griefing the rest of us.
    But they are.
    The PnP policy is gone because DBG can't be bothered enforcing the maturity and discipline you would expect in a kindergarten class.
    Fallfyres, Smallpox and Rhiyannon like this.
  16. TarewMarrForever Augur

Shorter answer: YOU WILL GET BANNED FOR TRAINING THEM!!!

Boxxing is legal. The program they are using is legal.

A 6-box mage group running in and taking over a camp is perfectly legal.

Official line on this is simple: DPS Race, bruh! I can't believe it, but it is a fact.

If you then TRAIN this socially-inept 6-box mage and he petitions you, then you WILL get a warning and when you do it again you WILL get banned.

As you should. You broke the rules by training him after he *stole* your camp.

He however did NOT break the rules by stealing your camp to begin with!

It is that simple. As stupid as those rules are, those are the rules.

Clearly, that is the game DBG wants. That is the game that their code and their policies has created. They have had years to change them. They have not.

Don't give me any crap about "the community takes care of issues like this, the player will be shunned". Not so in this case. The player does not *care*.

Do you *honestly* think this player is playing EQ for the social experience, or gives two craps about whether he can get into groups? HE IS HIS OWN GROUP!!!

If he cared about the social aspects or his rep, he wouldn't be playing this way to begin with...

It's so sad it's laughable..
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  17. Kinetix New Member

I couldn't care less about most of the conversations regarding bots/boxing/mage armies etc., I have 2 chars 30+ and haven't had any issues. The KSing of ACTIVELY ENGAGED MOBS is annoying. This is HUMAN behavior, not bots. These are real life a$$holes, not an "unfair advantage". Rathe Mountains are a great example of this; It's easy for my druid to kill giants, but it's a slow, steady kite. I can tag a mob and some dill-weed will come KS at 80% and still out damage me. And it was a real player; not a bot, not boxed. Just an A-Hole. The EQ Community has always had these jerk-wads... best way to handle them previously was with a GM dispute (if the mob is a rare-spawn or looooong camp, or high value target). We apparently have no more GMs, so rather than complaining, moaning, and whining, lets figure out a solution for ourselves. Back in the day, you'd get your guild and follow around the KSer and KS every single mob they tag. Just tired of people moaning and complaining about the wrong issue. /report the jerks with a detailed explanation; you won't stop 3rd party programs but you'll stop the a-holes, or at least slow them down...
    Mayfaire and Fallfyres like this.
  18. Diemond Augur

If the guy is truly botting he won't see who trained him when he does come back to the computer and won't know who to /report so train all you want on botters.
  19. Misaligned Augur

How can you possibly be surprised this is tolerated? That person is contributing 7 times as much to DBG as you whether it's through that many subscriptions or buying kronos that someone else paid for. It's a business. There are other options for playing EQ if you abhor boxers so much.

The issue isn't boxing. It's the lack of enforcement of the PNP. That is what you should be upset about.
  20. Diemond Augur

I do find it funny that the people that create threads about banning boxers are flirting with being banned themselves, at least banned on the forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.