Daybreak team fixing raid content

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dojii, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Vanic Elder

That's actually awesome to see. So for now raids are not instanced you say? That's cool to point out too.
  2. Banuvan Augur

But....but...then there would be no competition!!!! Those at the top like Gregolo think they are the only ones that matter within the game. They didn't grow up from 1999 and still think they are the driving force behind DBG's processes. They will continue to try and force their play style on others not realizing that their playstyle died over a decade ago. Other companies have gone the instancing route because it allows more people to play the game they make which ultimately means they get more money which is the driving force behind business decisions.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Precisely - so it doesn't prevent anyone from blocking content in have CBQ and others are done - just "luxury items" that while nice aren't required for the content.

So if you're using such things as an example - you should understand the prevention of blocking included if you're making comparisons.
  4. Ducreux Augur

U wot m8?
  5. Banuvan Augur

That's correct. You feel entitled to having everything how you want it when in fact you are a very small minority that won't be what DBG bases their decisions on even though you can't wrap your head around that concept because of the arrogance and selfishness I mentioned earlier.

It's not 1999 anymore. Technology has changed. The overall general gamer has changed. You refuse to catch up to the times and you get left behind. Why did the steak restaurant close? Maybe because only serving steak wasn't profitable and they had to change it up to stay in business. Change happens bro. For all your vaunted education status you sure do lack simple worldly concepts such as this.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Indeed - he basically admitted that he was like 10 years old or so in 1999 from his mention of college. (As has Jamz, another loud voice)
  7. Dark_Intentions Augur

That would literally just be the same as the first option I said. With the top guilds still gearing their characters, beating the bosses once would not help at all. The problem isn't server firsts. It's getting characters geared.
  8. Slythix New Member

Except they're not asking for easier they're asking for accessibility, within reasonable time frames that don't require batphones or sitting at spawns for hours on end.

It's like asking for a reservation and coming to the steak restaurant and being told you'll still have to wait in line for another three hours to MAYBE get your dinner.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Banuvan Augur

He can't process that concept in any fashion because he is still in that childish mindset of mine mine mine at all times. It's not a wonder he is still in school. Hasn't really stepped out into the real world where on people all the time gets you on even harder. Someday he will grow up and get out there and when he finally learns this concept it's going to be a hard lesson.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

Are you daft? That instancing prevents blocking of content (when it's current) - you're trying to use it as an example that "not everything is instanced" - which properly should be "everything required for progression is instanced, some of what is not required is not instanced".

It shouldn't take much brainpower to process that concept.

The theme of GoD/OoW instancing was:
    1) "Is it progression related?" - Instance (or triggered spawn - effectively just a form of instancing) it.
    2) "Is it not progression related?" - Let's not instance it (generally - a few were still instanced for non-progression).
  11. Gregolo Augur

You matter, just not to me. Try not to take that as a personal attack. Everyone's just pixels on the screen until I start chatting on TS/Vent with you, lol. I don't expect anything less in return from other people that see me as pixels on a screen.

I started playing 2 months before Kunark so, I think you can say I 'grew up from 1999' but I don't understand the relevance.

If our playstyle is dead, why are EQ raids currently non instanced? Seems like it's got some life in it still. Especially with the developers saying that instancing is pretty much their last resort to appeasing the rats in the box.

I'll survive, so will you
  12. Gregolo Augur

What if it's like, super tasty and made by Gordon Ramsay? I'd take that chance.
  13. Fallfyres Augur

14. Gregolo Augur

I'm a consultant and self employed, and quite successful. I have a bachelors in both computer science and economics. I'm back in school because I'm a scholar and enjoy learning. I don't see how that has anything to do with being in the real world. Care to elaborate? Disclaimer, I'm not trying to brag but it's required information to pose the question.
  15. Alekzandre Augur

Instancing as I and others have proposed allows those that want to be Server First to get it. It should make them happy too, unless, the whole joy to this minority is to block others :). Anyway, they can be first to level up, first to kill named, etc.

Another post was concerned with gearing, this would allow you to gear faster actually, if you think about it. Yeah others can gear better too; but, that should not matter if real skill is a factor!
  16. Vanic Elder

Zun and High Priest are most definitely needed for progression, neither of which are instanced in GoD. Just because CBQ was mentioned doesn't mean the argument should be halted only on the mention of a mob.

They are actually asking for it to be easier, maybe not the content itself, but the game as a whole is being asked to accommodate to their needs. A server for max nostalgia was asked for, I think it's as close to that as possible without severe work.
  17. Gregolo Augur

Honestly I really like Ducreux's alternative to my proposition. 6 month expansions = 3 months of non instanced, followed by 3 months of instanced.

I think that's super fair. So we get our server firsts, we gear out first. Then when it's boring we can relax and casuals get the opportunity to become competitive raiders if they desire to, otherwise just do group tier content until 3 months passes.

It's pretty solid and I wish I thought of it.
  18. Ceffener Augur

I'm more interested in how you work 30 hours a week.
    School full time should be 12 hours minimum.
    Actually doing school work 12 hours minimum.
    Healthy level of sleep 56 hours.
    Showering and general hygiene 7 hours.
    Eating 7 hours.
    Bathroom 5 hours

I would assume you do more than those things, but that leaves you 5.57 hours a day to play Everquest.

So I get it, if EQ is all you want to do, that's possible.

I'm more amazed you do all these required things and have top attendance. Boss never spawns while your at class? Never spawns while you are at work? Never spawns while you are sleeping? What is max attendance ratio?
  19. Banuvan Augur

There is nothing personal about these forums lol. Yet again you think too highly of yourself.

You don't understand a thing about what i'm saying that you haven't grown up since 1999 which just further enforces the idea that you really haven't grown up since 1999.

Some life is not sustainable. You have thousands of people on this server and LJ. A mere few hundred think like you do. That's a pretty small amount of people for DBG to bet their future decisions on. I'm willing to bet they won't do that.

Lets see. You are still in schoool. You work part time. You work from home. As I said earlier it has come clear why you just don't understand how the world works and basic social dynamics of large groups of people. Call me when you actually gain some worldly experience on top of that education you are working on.
  20. Stigmas Elder

They cant warp to multiple targets at once. Even if they split their guild, it would give other guilds a much better change. Also the set time would mean no one had to poosock.