Why are the forums policed and why do they have guidelines when the games isn't and doesn't?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Templeton, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Templeton Augur

I mean, I guess the question is rhetorical... I guess it's because the forums are the shop window and need to be kept semi clean to lure the new player into the shark tank.

Still, it strikes me as disingenuous... Almost false advertising.

It would be amazing to see moderation and appropriate action taken on the server against the toxic elements, not just here.
    Fallfyres and Tarrin like this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

Maybe its the 5am talking...

But the thread title made me giggle more than it should have.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

Forums are easy to police. 4000 players scattered all over.......not so much.
    Jadefox likes this.
  4. Tharzak Elder

Yeah, I've wondered the same thing and got my questioning of it deleted as nonconstructive. /grin
  5. Norathorr Augur

Basically Daybork is a lazy company. If you constantly point out that they are lazy after countless pages and threads of feedback on certain issues they choose to stifle the criticism (example melee class balance or poorly constructed abilities) or just ignore it. Its amazing how legitimate criticism can be mindless branded as 'not consttuctive.' I chose to stop giving them money I encourage you all to follow suit.
  6. Fallfyres Augur

----------------------------

Because inflation of U.S. currency versus very deflated Russian coin and, the difference between paying someone possibly a bare minimum living wage and what they would have to pay those who are devs who would be GMing the servers IF there were an ounce of meeting paying player expectations for the progression servers they have provided CN a bonus cash crop with.
    Also, tax write off.
  7. Arrk Augur

Forums are policed because there are still a semi-public marketing item... people will come to forums to see about a game.

In-Game... they just don't care. it is not publicly seen by potential customers, you have to be a customer to see it.
    Rhiyannon and Fallfyres like this.
  8. asgaard Augur

US inflation is nothing compared to Zimbabwe

[IMG]
  9. Fallfyres Augur

;o(

However DBG is not owned by a corporate conglomerate based out of Zimbabwe.