POH - POF

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shivuncle, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Precognition New Member

This thread fails to understand he server dynamic. While the original EQ was played in a tiny window and took 30 minutes minimum to load into, no que, The server overload issue was removed from this server, and you can customize your UI and gear to your liking.

Verant reached a point at which they had to make a choice of when and how to expand the game, and the server expansion began, including an EU server. The more competitive servers kept both a US and EU guild competing for raid targets in open world raiding content. Ragefire is a throwback to those days, but it is still merely a replica. Replicas are by their nature simply reproductions of the finery of the past. Many of the people paying to play on Ragefire server were not part of the insanely competitive, yet ultimately rewarding stone age of Everquest. In a matter of months, especially considering that summer is upon us, the population will dwindle down just a bit, and maybe quite a bit as the grind and questing get to those who were expecting an ease of loot and progression.

The long run equilibrium will plateau with players committed to raiding this open world content. Box crews will be left behind to camp previous content as raid mechanics become more involved. The game is 16 years old, and has enough interest that the server required a split already, and was instanced to support the population. Next week we will see how many people stick around, and if not enough can handle the hyper competitive world of top end EQ, the culling will begin sooner rather than later. If you are skilled, and can handle a bit of competition, don't be surprised in 6 months to a year when you find yourself at the top of the server raiding end game content.
  2. Ceffener Augur

Yes soon we will have epic raid bosses dieing the instant they appear in the screen.

Thankfully some will have the skills to compete.

/harmtouch
    /harmtouch
    /harmtouch
  3. ngs1 Augur

Sounds like you want harm touch nerfed.
  4. Precognition New Member

So what is the answer? Lockout timers for individual characters? Instancing? Hardcore nerfing? The problem is that Daybreak is already eyeballing future community based gaming, and needs to make tough decisions based on the business they are attempting to perpetuate. Give them a bit of data to work with, and stay patient as they figure out the best way to move forward.
  5. Ceffener Augur

There's already been a 99 page discussion giving a plethora of option. What they decide to do will remain up to them.
  6. Hexaholic Augur

They already decided what to do. Some of you just can't except it.
  7. Baldur Augur

So here's the fundamental difference I think between the crowd that wants instancing and the crowd that doesn't.

I don't think instancing makes content easier, it just makes it more available. You are using easy to mean less time consuming, which to me isn't part of how difficult it is, just how time consuming and frustrating it is.

I know in my experience on Ragefire even with 9 instances of lower guk up I'm still competing for most of the named spots, but I can actually go down there and try and get some gear. If there was only 1 instance up, I wouldn't get anything. And it's not because it's harder, I can kill the mobs, it's because the content is less available.

Instancing has made places like lower guk actually playable, even in prime time. I won't even go to solb or the hole because they aren't instanced and I don't want to deal with it.

If DBG hadn't instanced most zones the population would already be way down from what it was at launch.
  8. Baldur Augur

So just because you want it to be that way doesn't make it so. Holly has already posted they don't want to instance raid content, but it's not off the table.
  9. Porterz73 Augur

I could see how people who sell crap from these servers might think this way but anyone who does not have something to gain this argument is very weak. Adding accessibility of content does not make the game easier.

Let's us basketball to illustrate my point. (I know it's silly using a sport to prove a point to a career basement dweller but here goes)

If 2000 people like to play basketball but there is only 1 court, there will be many people who enjoy the sport that will be left unable to play. Adding more courts would not make basketball an easier game to play, it will just add to the enjoyment of enthusiasts.

Lowering the basket by 2 feet or doubling the diameter of the hoop make the game easier. I suppose by your logic that if you had to wait 4 hours in line for loaf of bread that would make the bread more delicious.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Oh man, a situation where sks have a useful raid role?! Afk for a moist towelette.
  11. Roshen Brand Manager

Considering this is no longer about the OP, and hasn't been constructive for the last two pages, I'm closing this down.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.