Krono's kill the classic experiance.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Isabeast, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Warlorf Augur

Solution is simple. Server is already overflowing with top end group gear. Ignore the krono ads and sooner or later item prices will drop. The fact gear is measured in krono is pathetic enough but ignoring the ads isceasily accomplished. Just compile a gear list and farm it. :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. gander Augur

This IS NOT a classic server. It is a progression server. And I am ready to progress.
    Behee likes this.
  3. tarquinn21 Elder

Fixed that for you. Sorry.
  4. Teren_Kanan Elder

With instancing everything is becoming SUPER CHEAP anyways, so I don't see how it really matters.

Can get Yaks for under 1kpp now.
  5. Steampunk Augur

You are a college English professor, right? It does sound a little better, maybe. OK.
  6. Kalipto Augur

Kronos aren't the problem. The problem is that DB doesn't care if people buy plat now. Take away kronos, people can still buy plat. It's just that with kronos, DB get's a cut of the exchanged money.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  7. Feradach Augur

Do you realize that Kronos are not EQ-specific? They're DBG-specific. They're for your All Access account and can be purchased, traded, sold, redeemed in ALL DBG games. You redeem that Krono in any game and your account gets another 30 days of time tacked on.
    Behee likes this.
  8. Mogossis Journeyman

Then whats the point of buying them if you cant trade them?
    Behee likes this.
  9. Jadefox Augur

I know in some other games that their version of Krono can be used for services other than just game time. Is that the case here? Can Krono be used for Station Cash (or whatever it's called now) or for some other service like transfers?

--Curious Jade
  10. Thomasmgp Elder

I find it hilarious that people think theres stuff to spend plat on. Everything other than CoFs are very affordable and A LOT cheaper than they were when I started playing. I remember Yaks going for 10k. They are selling for 1/10 that so stop whining already. Also there are pretty much zero decent items until Kunark.
  11. Necromonious Augur

You either work for the gear. Or you work for the $$ to buy the krono to trade for the gear

Online games have always been Pay to Win. It was just a black market pay to win economy before. Now games are more out in the open about it, because they want profits
  12. Jadefox Augur

Dude.
    You're more jaded than the Jade.

--The Jade
  13. Necromonious Augur

Just sayin it like it is. People have been buying and selling gear and accounts on MMO's on black-market sites for years and years, all the way back to Ultima Online. A gaming company has 2 choices:

1. Invest a lot of resources to locating the websites, suing them for the profiteering from another's intellectual property laws to get them shut down, find the players buying and selling on these and ban all the accounts or
    2. Find a way to make money off it

Most have gone the way of #2
  14. Lowstats Lorekeeper

I can see how it can kill the Classic experience for players.

I can also see how DBG just made tens of thousands of dollars off of them I'm sure since Ragefire and Lockjaw has been out.
  15. Dixa Augur

the "classic" experience was SSOY for 200 bucks, wurmslayers for 500 and level 50 druid accounts for $1500

is that the "classic" experience we are referring to? you think this would alleviate the camping problem or make it worse? there is only one right answer there.
  16. Gregolo Augur

Here let me just go RMT Black Market (eBay) the gear instead of doing it through Krono. You tell me which one is better.

Pretty sure Krono save EQ a lot of grief, not the other way around.
  17. Fallfyres Augur

=====================
    Yup. Sadly because it is financially rewarding for the companies to get into the act, ancillary consequences like situational ethics have filtered into a more important place amongst the player population.

So you have those who still look at anything which exploits normal game play as cheating, thereby dividing those who condone it and those who didn't back in the day and won't ever. Those who wish there were still less of it such as when it was once upon a time necessary for it to be done on the black market, which created inconvenience at least and cooled the jets of the number of those who sought to cheat.... the amount of it that was accomplished was definitely less and had at least some social consequence if it was revealed.

Just because something is easier to do/access, is ignored because addressing it is inconvenient or is in 'somebody elses backyard' absolutely does not make it okay. There are consequences to the gameplay of others because its not just mainly about gameplay now, Krono-ing and other game company implemented currency makes it a very efficient way to dispose of/filter irl money. Being clear about why its gained popularity is smart. Putting it into the 'okay' category in one's personal base of ethics means one is rubbing elbows with the cretin.
  18. Behee Augur

I like Kronos. All the blubbering about "ONLY THE RICH SURVIVE!!!" is silly, and my wife are long term and thoroughly entrenched poor people.

Everyone who tosses a Krono into the ring with their excess cash is a hero in my books. They help Daybreak, and they help Bill Gates and Donny Trump powerlevel to level 50 in more than silk pajamas I say awesome.

See, there are people on this planet who complain that others can afford stuff. I don't go for that, since it's entirely obvious that nobody is forcing you to buy them. The cash damage to your pocketbook is either nil (you don't buy them with real life cash), or null (you don't buy them with in game cash on this server).

Plus, and this should be obvious too, whining about Kronos is also not classic. So, if this was a server trying to emulate the early days perfectly then you have a point. But, this isn't a classic server -- it's a server without expansions at this time which we call Classic EQ.

You know what we need a whole lot less of to make this successful? Rich people's support!
    - said by Nobody Evar.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Sebbina Augur

One big change from 1999, is that those who have geared up themselves and friends would generally move on, but with the knowledge that the rich (folk with $ to burn on Krono) will probably use their wealth to buy up. Many higher end players are grinding out gear to sell to those, who just spend the $ to buy up. Means that the many coming along are going to find it taking down mobs harder as others are staying there, to make much higher returns then 1999.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Gregolo Augur

If someone farms items to sell on eBay, or farms items to sell for Krono. What's the difference?

At least Krono is safe and supportive of DBG.
    Behee likes this.