Holly's new tweet about raid zones

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Katmandu26, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Jezzie Augur

I guess people breezed past that in favor of talking about the vote for Kunark. My opinion is Kunark is certainly not the answer, I'm hoping it's not a GM enforced rotation either as I believe that was a frustrating experience for both players and staff.
    I guess we'll have to wait till Wednesday to find out, I'm looking forward to it.
    I won't vote for Kunark and I was 1 that originally voted for Velious. Classic is shaping up to be our Beta and if Kunark is released before the fixes are in place and shown to be working then Kunark will be a mess too.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Oh for the love of Pete, this argument is silly. They rolled out a second server, just make Ragefire the more "competitive" server and unlock Kunark in it and have Lockjaw the maximum "nostalgia" server and keep it on the original planned timeline.
    And no, no transfers, really if you want the slower unlock what's losing a couple weeks of playing?
    As a community can't we work together to get both groups what they want?
    Niombi of Ragefire
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Kegwell Lurker since '99

I say we all boycot buying items from camps that are perma farmed.
    With no market to sell, they might move on when their bank is full.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Do you honestly think Daybreak is too stupid to understand the possibility of alts and that they'd not try to take them into account in some way?
  5. Vanic Elder

Lol, no market to sell... There is no market at all guy. J boots are like 500p, Mith 2 Hander I've seen as low as 300, SMR has dropped to 2k area, and the only thing worth a damn is something that's annoying to get (paw) or solb. The amount of loot generated from these instances destroyed the said market overnight. If it happens again in Kunark, the game outside of raids is useless and just skip to Velious.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Not instances...at least, instances are only a small part of it. The huge population and instances offset each other. Why would melee items like mith 2h be 300 and SMR 2000? Mages don't use swords.

And if you think 2000 is cheap, consider that at present that's somewhere between 2 and 3 kronos.
  7. taliefer Augur

ok? see that baseball game last night? if their solution to the toxic raid scene is to release kunark, that proves they dont know how these servers evolve. the raid scene was worse on fippy during kunark. financials has nothing to do with that.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

And what is plat used for in this stage of the game? For legit play those options are: to buy from other players, to buy Hate/Sky stones this early, or to work on tradeskills (mostly useless at this stage).

1) Prices being down helps both sides of that equation.
    2) Hate/Sky stones for an entire raid (and change!) for one SMR still doesn't sound bad to me. Even if you do a planar raid daily and loot zero coin that's one high value item a day can pay for raids.
    3) As stated, TS's aren't very useful right now - and remain that way until Velious and beyond.

Now you're probably saying but there's something legit that you didn't include above - untrue, I'm listing it now in it's own quasi-legit category since some lead into RMT land with it - the becoming ubiquitous now, Krono. Kronos while legit for standard trade (although they feel "weird" to many of us that trade often and don't like RMT I'd imagine) are a very easy doorway to RMT. Not that Kronos being super easy to acquire is necessarily a positive - I was earning them at around 2 Kronos per hour of plat farming just about a week ago, and got enough together to pay for all of Kunark for all my accounts. Sure, I don't mind them being in, but the level of effort that was happening with them for a while there was far too easy to acquire (and frankly, on Lockjaw so far, ours are still ridiculously low) - which of course are always going to be the favorite words of anyone that does RMT.

And of course finally last straw of the puzzle moves into the completely illegal RMT itself that is clearly impacted by such.

The first three completely legit things seem completely fine to me (as someone that's bought over 20k of non-krono gear on Lockjaw so far - maybe even 30k - I've got five pretty well decked out characters between the wife and I already).

And I'm not sure we should really cater towards promoting the illegal and the quasi-illegal.
  9. Vanic Elder

SMR is that high because of spell haste 2, I'm not sure if you know what the best focus in the game is or not. With the Mith 2 Hander it makes a melee do 30dps instead of 25, it's not enough of an upgrade to warrant a price is why.

Classic and kunark are where most people outside of tradeskillers make money for later expansions. I mean daybreak destroyed the environment, but I already won the battle here with the amount of plat/krono's I aquired before the mass influx of items. The point of classic is to farm items and either resell or trade for what you need, the same goes for Kunark and a little bit of Velious and Luclin. If that's not the point, please explain what is, because I'm sure with the planes perma killed for armor and raid mobs dying as expected on spawn there is something else out there.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

1) The jump on Mith 2H is much higher than that in many cases. (Hint: Knights)

2) So you're worried about acquiring more items with the plat your getting less of? Good news, Vanic told me prices are deflated, which makes that lesser plat per item effectively go further.

Wait, you are Vanic - I'm confused now....
  11. Vanic Elder

My main is a knight, know the difference of a mith when in a group compared to anything else viable? Negative damage.

Yeah because my statement of getting plat/krono's clearly implied I was after items. Everytime you post it's something completely stupid and not thought through. In fact it's implied I am after more krono's and plat for expansions further down the road, mostly for spells and mounts. Odds are it will come from the people doing the same, and not people like yourself who probably won't be around because they don't instance all of PoP/Luclin.
  12. Jamz Augur

Stupid? No. But there's absolutely no way to take them out of the picture unless they lock people out by ip.
  13. Hateseeker Augur

Surely they can make lockouts be account level. And yes, people can create more accounts, but the Krono supply out there isn't infinite. At some point it will take the player's own money and eventually the cost of creating and maintaining extra accounts just to block content will outweigh the benefit.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Jamz Augur

You know how kronos come into the market right? You know how subscriptions work right? Both require payment.
  15. Hendar2 Augur

My answer depends on my level of frustration. But seriously I know how easy it is to fixate on one part of the problem and completely miss something obvious to others. This is why we have design/code reviews, and why we have testing. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if a dev overlooked that element.
  16. Hateseeker Augur

Yes, but the current theory is that there is big stockpile of kronos from before the server launched, and that some or many of the multiboxers are using in-game platinum to avoid actually paying from their own pocket. If that's true, that stockpile will run out sooner with people subbing more accounts.

And if it's notr true and/or the stockpiles are already gone, then it means people are actually having to pay more, now, for each krono or sub. Not every 6 boxer is going to sub 6 more accounts and maintain them year-round just to be able to block one more load balance instance (or get around one set of whatever the lockout mechanic ends up being).
  17. Vaclav Augur

You might want to be more clear then - you were complaining about the impact of prices NOW versus the longrun. Good news for you - assuming people still join the game down the line, many items will inflate in value as people have less interest in those zones reducing the drop rates while retaining demand - additionally as more and more plat enters the system prices will recover some too, you're looking at the effects of the item saturation overwhelming plat generation.

Additionally you also have MONTHS to farm plat during plat camp farms that will remain consistent until then. Even if you farm just 10k a month (which should be trivial) that's 180k by Luclin with the current schedule - and honestly, if you put your mind to it 200k+ of pure plat farming a month shouldn't be hard. That's nearly 4m plat.

In addition if Kunark comes soon, basically every "money zone" for drops won't be instanced under their current formula. So your primary worry somehow disappears in Kunark unless they change up how they've done the instancing so far.

PS - I played through on 1.0 until Prophecy of Ro and raided up through most of DoDH on it. The only time I've left a TLP early was because I had bowel surgery and was under doctor orders to do two things: a) Not sit in a chair for longer than 15 min stretches for THREE months [which doesn't bode well for PC gaming] and b) To reduce my stress level because I was starting to have blood pressure issues. Once A had resolved it was going to involve alot of B to get back into the groove, something I was under doctors orders not to do [and in fact still am])

PSS - I'm sorry it seems you want to "play the economy" and either don't understand the basics to how an economy operates or are being short-sighted about how the future we have every reason to expect right now will function. (Not to mention the value to consistent forms of income generation as a "hedge") There's winners and losers in every investment game - the winners learn how to maximize their gain for the least effort. Hopefully you can find someone to teach you, you clearly need it - and it won't be me after your attitude.
  18. Vaclav Augur

If someone has extra accounts that they're paying for that's a different story - I assumed you were talking same account alts.

There's no logical reason to not allow someone paying for two separate accounts to act as two separate entities for any lockouts or whatever.

IP locking clearly will never happen since it puts undue stress on them to hand out exemptions to families that play together.
  19. Vanic Elder

Yes prices now affect the long run, much like saving for a 401k. I feel that was pretty evident in what I was putting across.
  20. Vaclav Augur

Unless they remove plat drops/farming from the game or cap how much you can have in your bank (which technically does exist, but no one on TLP will hit it - besides "Nobles" deal with that issue anyhow with only a slight loss on vendoring) - it's a moot issue as stated.

Much like when it comes to real world investing - sometimes different forms of investing make the most sense at different times and with different market influences. Pre-Kunark best plat for time seems to be with pure plat farming to me as things stand today.

Real investors don't moan when one type of investing has a weaker timeframe, they move their investments into something that has a better trajectory for that year (or even month in some cases). They also tend to diversify how they make their earning constantly, rather than trying to be a one-trick pony where a disruption can tank your entire plan.

I think one of the largest disconnects between you and I is that I look ahead, far far ahead, and remain flexible - while you have an A > B > C route that you really feel uncomfortable diverging from.