Reinstalling / returning =) ragefire or lockjaw ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vark, Jun 5, 2015.

1. FXTi New Member

.00001% chance of that happening. Feel free to bump this in 4 months.
  2. Nickatropolis Augur

Did I see what you did there?
  3. Denithor Journeyman

The people at the core of LJ are the people that lasted longest on Fippy and continued to push progression. Says something about their dedication and the longevity of the Lockjaw server. Population means nothing on Ragefire when most of the "hardcores" might quit after PoP.
  4. arwilly Lorekeeper

I started on Ragefire, went to Lockjaw, and came back to Ragefire. Lockjaw was fine, but it was way too quiet for me. I also have a much easier time getting/making groups on Ragefire at all hours. Don't let all of the forum drama scare you off, it's a much different experience in game.
  5. oldemangamer Augur

Exactly what people said was going to happen happened.

Ragefire is packed. You can get groups where ever and when ever you want. On the other hand, the community is pretty bad, reputation doesn't matter, and the server is actually kind of laggy because so many people are playing on it.

Lockjaw has a much better community. It only has about the quarter of the population of Ragefire. The risk you are taking is will there be enough people on the server two or three months from now to make regular grouping feasible.

So by waiting to open the second server, rather than opening both at the same time, you have one server that is packed with a pretty bad community and another that has a much better community but may have population issues down the road.

Pick your poison. I cancelled my account after the whole launch debacle and have been playing on the two servers checking things out. I am not renewing and may come back for Kunark. Will keep an eye on things and will pick my server then. The way the launch was handled kind of soured me on the whole thing though.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Alexanders Augur

LMAO, that's a good one, before these new progression servers opened I logged into Vulak and guess what there was 15 people online on the entire server. They didn't close it and they wont be closing Lockjaw either.

As for free transfers that just wont happen anyone expecting free transfers better just cross their fingers and hope they get any transfer at all. I find transfers on/off progression servers highly unlikely free or otherwise. This is only my opinion but it's based off past experiences maybe DBG will do it differently but as they are now owned by an investment firm chances of you getting anything "free" are even more unlikely then Sony giving stuff away for free.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. Alexanders Augur

Hello Vark welcome to the progression servers. To answer your question honestly you have to consider several factors. Your play times and the class you intend to play make a difference. If you are playing a rogue for instance Ragefire would be better as there is just more people to play with. If you are playing a druid, mage or necro and don't mind doing a little solo hunting from time to time Lockjaw would be fine but you could also play on Ragefire.

If you like grouping and play during off peak times Ragefire would be better. If your not a fan of multiple /pickzones available or zones being crowded Lockjaw would be better.

For the moment it seems like raiding on Lockjaw is a little more civil then Ragefire but lets all be honest here unless DBG does something with the handful of raid zones be it instances or just additional /pickzone the raid scene on both servers is destined to be a giant cluster likely even after Kunark is released.

Consider your choices honestly I don't think you can pick wrong. Every progression server in the past remained healthy up until the release of Luclin and PoP give or take some longer some shorter. If they stick to the original release schedule that's like 2 years of Everquest to enjoy on either server you pick.
  8. Heilena Augur

As both servers are on the same progression timeline, and not on different speeds. They will get merged when population drops. So those saying lockjaw is a bad choice are just dumb.

The whole issue with a second server to start was how they would merge it since last time they had different progression speeds.
  9. Heilena Augur

Yea just like they didn't close 20 servers over the last few years with MERGE. Already just said this but ffs people use a brain. If TLP servers are on different areas/progression you cannt merge them. Being the issue they had LAST time.

Those wanting LJ to be a different speed wont get it because of this reason.
  10. Steampunk Augur

Yet another thread viciously and ruthlessly shanghaied and railroaded in a totally inappropriate direction. Referring back to the OP's question, the answer is "Yes!" Definitely reinstall, definitely return, and definitely create a character of your favorite class and favorite race on either server, or both. Then, for the sake of your sanity, don't ever visit these forums again!
  11. Thomasmgp Elder

im pretty sure both servers will be on the same progression.
  12. Hendar2 Augur

I could have swore that Holly said half, was there an update that I missed?

We were also told that LJ has more people than Fippy did. This doesn't take anything away from RF having the larger population. Both servers seem to have a healthy population that should last well past GoD before they approach merge numbers. Feel free to bump this if I'm wrong.