RF/LJ just a dry run?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jadefox, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Jadefox Augur

Ok, joke title, but I do hope that the devs did learn a thing or two from the Benny Hill scene that was the launch of our TLP's.

Quite a few interesting things happening over on EQ2 -- enough that I might just have to split my attention between the two games. Glad I'm ALL ACCESS!

Here's some highlights that may be relevant to us here at RF/LJ:
    • Opening a Red and Blue TLP server. Nice! Many wanted that here, but honestly, EQ2 just supports PVP better, so no complaints from me.
    • Character and item restore. Well we already have the latter, and people are screaming about the former. Maybe we'll see that feature here sometime in the future.
    • Will finally be able to worship the Lady of Love. Count me back in! I've still got my BL Beldandi over there (I hope) that helped in Erollisi's rebirth. Well, we can already pay homage to Her here in the land before Luclin's doom, but still...
    Wow. looks like I am going to have to jump between the two. Glad I'm not raiding as of yet ;)

--Interdimensional Jade
    Zujilli, Mardy and Ducreux like this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

Are there any insanely OP situations in EQ2 like mages, that they will likely allow to exist?
  3. Vaclav Augur

It's all relatively balanced over there.
  4. Ducreux Augur

I'm quite surprised they are finally going to attempt this in EQ2 after years of requests for it. Hope they do it right as it would help offset all the extra time we got with this round of TLPs unlock schedule.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Yea, would keep me going with the long unlocks and subbing for sure - cap my chars over here, keep subbed to mess around over there for three months - rinse/repeat.
    Jadefox likes this.
  6. Weverley Augur

I'm glad im all-access too Jade looks interesting
    Elkay, Jadefox and Fallfyres like this.
  7. Mardy Augur

Oh god I don't think I can pass out on the EQ2 PvP progression server. I mean seriously, Holly, Daybreak, are you guys trying to kill my social life?! I've already spent a lot of time playing on Ragefire, I guess I'm gonna need to get ready for EQ2 PvP progression server.

EQ2 was a mess when it launched, I didn't have a good time initially, and PvP was also a mess when it came about. But I know the progression server will have the improved EQ2 experience, the better EQ2 that came about after a couple years of revamps after 2004. I don't really like the current EQ2, just as I don't prefer the current EQ Live. But I'd definitely hop in on the EQ2 progression server train!

I think perhaps the popularity of Ragefire/LJ really opened their eyes. I do think this was a market test for them, and it proved there are plenty of ex-EQ players willing to come back and subscribe to these old games. For the first time in a long time, EQ franchise has a producer humble enough to realize maybe not everybody prefer the new EQ/EQ2. So why not launch these progression servers and bring back folks that would not otherwise be subscribed. Genius, good job Holly, thanks for listening to the players :)
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Aricka Journeyman

When I think of raiding when EQ2 first came out I just remember killing raid mobs for simple wooden chests with Ebon Clusters and random rares and junk in them. No gear really. I wonder if they're going to bring that back too? The amount of crying would be insane if they forget to fix that part. I really enjoyed EQ2 until Live Update 13 and my Warlock basically died due to merging specific AoEs and seriously killing the dps they could do. I will probably mess around over there when this goes live, like others have said, it will be nice to be able to switch between games..cap toons here then over there.
  9. Xhieron Elder

NO!!! Please no. I don't ... I don't have enough time. I have alts that have to be leveled, planes that have to be raided. Damn you, I have a family! I've just now gotten my three-year-old son acquainted with the "boom button" on Ragefire; if I have to show him how it works on an EQ2 progression server, I don't think either of us will ever sleep again.
    Jadefox likes this.
  10. Numiko Augur

I never made it past level 10 in EQ2... oh, should not say that, I do have a level 90 heroic character from when they gave out free ones, but once I logged her in I realized I had no clue how to play her or where to go or what the spells even did... so logged back out and returned to EQ.
  11. Elkay Augur

Obligatory EQ2 has raid instancing and encounter locking post!

Haha jk.. I will have to keep an eye on this. I just hope they keep a balanced dev effort between the games. And yes, classes are pretty balanced over there. Dirge had a huge advantage for a bit with their mythic proc but it eventually got hit with the nerf bat. My profile tag line over there is still, "Elkay, you hit too damn hard" hahaha.
    Jadefox likes this.
  12. ngs1 Augur

EQ2 TLP would help by providing a nice quarantine for all the people obsessed with instancing EQ1.
  13. Jadefox Augur

Your dark elf masters have called, Troll.
    We're to return you to messing with Lockjaw's raid scene.
    Be a good boy and go home.
    Leave the comedy to professionals.
    /pats on head

--Not-a-professional Jade
  14. Elkay Augur

I agree it gives an option for that type of play. I hope that's not the intended solution, though. I don't want to derail the thread, so I'll leave it at the fact that I came back to EQ1 for the content, not the playstyle. If all I cared about was the playstyle, I def would have just stuck with EQ2.
  15. Zujilli Elder

I love both games so I'm super excited! :)
  16. Rhoulicas Augur

I agree, I am going to have to check out that progression PVP server!
  17. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I tried EQ2 just after launch. It didn;t stick with me. I came back awhile later, but they had done a revamp, and it still didn't stick. A couple years later I came back for a bit, after another revamp or two, and it was ok but I couldn't get in with a community because they demanded you do certain things for status points to boost the guild. I understand the reason and the mechanics, but you just can't really do some of that stuff at low level. I dabbled again a couple times, but again, it didn't stick.

I have six months of All Access, and seeing how everybody will be starting at the same point and level, it may be worth revisiting.