name change potions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by taliefer, Jun 4, 2015.

1. taliefer Augur

any chance of these coming on the marketplace? its not all for nefarious means~

i used my main name on a necro that im not enjoying all that much, but its level 44 and i dont wanna just delete him. id love to be able to buy a potion to change the necro name, and re-use my main name on the warrior im gonna roll up.
  2. Hendar2 Augur

How would you prevent others from using these potions for nefarious reasons?

I don't know how much value there is in reputation, but I do know it all goes completely out the window if people can change names at will. No thanks. We aren't that far into either server, so I suggest that you reroll. A number of us did just that to "move" from Ragefire to Lockjaw.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

I'd be ok with name changes if they broadcast it when someone changes it, (maybe too instrusive) or have a list of name changes on the website so if anyones trying to get away with being naughty you can just look it up who has changed their name recently. Sometimes people just aren't happy with their names after a while and do not want to re-roll.. Why not let them pay the cash ..but have a way to find out who has changed their name?

I also want race changes since that has no negative impact on the community at all. If they don't want people changing to Iksar right away they could wait a month after kunark for that. But the other races shouldn't be an issue
  4. Zarakii Augur

ever have a bad day? like a reaalllly bad day? maybe say some things you didnt mean? sadly most people online dont let people live down bad days
  5. Phati Elder

At this stage of the server, I really hope DBG does NOT add them to the marketplace. People need to earn their karma and adding name change potions allows them to memblur the bad karma.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Jadefox Augur

I highly doubt that DBG cares very much about our next lives...

--Reincarnated as Jade
  7. Fallfyres Augur

---------------------
    While of course there are various reasons for a player wanting to change their name, and of course all of those reasons are not nefarious, there is no way to allow those who are inclined to do it for the former reasons to be separated from those who most definitely will do it for the latter.

****NO name change potions, please and thank you DBG.****
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Zarakii Augur

from my earlier statement having a bad day is one thing but if someone is having bad days EVERY day then honestly its their issue paying 15 bucks every couple days to name change just to let karma come back..... i learned many years ago you can change your name but you cant change your attitude. these people will be found out every single time and live a lonely eq life
  9. Dark_Intentions Augur

Name change potions go against the type of game that EQ is, with a bigger dependency on a stronger community than some other big MMOs.

If you could be the biggest jerk on the server, and then name change to hide your bad reputation, then that would undermine EQ in a big way. People need to keep the reputations they have earned.
  10. taliefer Augur

or you can just be the biggest jerk and face no ramifications as it is. times have changed, theres no such thing as "blacklisting" someone anymore.

i dont see why a handful of jackholes should keep a service away from those that have a legitimate reason to use it, and are willing to pay.
  11. Hendar2 Augur

1. Yes there is blacklisting. I will certainly oppose people with a poor reputation from joining our guild.
    2. People who choose to avoid these jackholes deserve a chance to recognize them.

3. If DBG maintained a registry of old-new names for people using the service, then I would have no objections. Items like the "witness protection pack" which were facilitators of bad behavior have no place on Lockjaw (in my opinion).
  12. deeznuts New Member

Yes. Allow name changed right now!
  13. Mrs_Brisby Elder

Well, in your case, I'm sure simply reporting your name violation is good enough.
  14. Jadefox Augur

RadarX said:
    source

So there can be Blacklisting, but just not here; however, I suspect that it won't have much use in the game for the most part except for certain types of guilds.

--Quoting Jade
  15. deeznuts New Member

You don't like my Pistachios? Sorry to hear that.
  16. Hendar2 Augur

I'm pretty sure any mention of blacklisting was in-game, and in my case based either on personal observation or those I trust. There is no problem with that. This is further supported by the fact that the name change potions we are talking about are only used within the game, and do not change your forum name.
  17. Selfless Lorekeeper

Ways to change your character name are pretty common in most MMO's now. WoW charges like $10, FFXIV charges like $15, etc. I'm personally completely for being able to pay to change your name. I don't really see the need for there to be stipulations attached to spending $10-15 either, like someone mentioned broadcasting the name change. It's a pretty standard service in most games, if people are asking for it then DBG would be foolish not to supply it. Get with the times people, just because we're playing on a TLP server doesn't mean we're still in 1999.
  18. Dark_Intentions Augur

Your legitimate reason is that you don't like your name? I don't think you understand what legitimate means.
  19. taliefer Augur

i wasnt speaking of my case there, but point of fact, using a name change potion, to change your name from a name you dont like to a name you do, doesnt get more legitimate than that
  20. Dark_Intentions Augur

It isn't a point of fact, or legitimate, if it's your opinion. An opinion is an opinion, not a legal fact.

While I am usually all for more player options, in this case I am not. I haven't heard a good enough reason to allow them, other than "Because I'd like it". Is there a game play reason?