"I've got '99 problems but X ain't one"

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PathToEternity, May 31, 2015.

1. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

As much fun as memory lane is, what are some of the quality of life improvements you are enjoying most on Ragefire (or Lockjaw) which didn't exist back in '99?

I know there is some extremely low hanging fruit here like ten second zoning, no corpse runs, Origin, or the ability to create a guild without needing an act of Congress, but the somewhat obscure one for me is Inspect Buffs. As a shaman it's great to be able to target/cycle through players and NPC's and know what buffs and debuffs are on them without having to ask them or try to keep crazy timers.

Or, for the masochists out there, what problems from 1999 are you glad still exist?
    Indrigoth and sleka like this.
  2. Soltara Augur

Personally, I really enjoy the chat channels. The shaman channel has been so helpful to me.
    Indrigoth and Malambus like this.
  3. sleka Lorekeeper

The buffs, target's target windows, new pet window all are standard now.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  4. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

not having an insane 68% experience penalty on a troll SK.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  5. Jadefox Augur

The crafting window with recipe lists and Create All button!

--No-so-arthritic Jade
    Bandok, Indrigoth and Zujilli like this.
  6. Synisca Augur

Just wanted to thumbs up the clever title, lol. :)
    PathToEternity likes this.
  7. Liquid Augur

The /find feature great tool for those that don't know a new area.
    Zujilli likes this.
  8. Numiko Augur

I know some people like the boats but I like Translocators .. no more /tell friend "ok will meet you in Mistmoor in a hour!... woops! make that a hour and a half, just missed the boat"
    Xanumbik likes this.
  9. Lanadili Elder

I like the fact that they have /melody available for Bards! I don't miss having to manually twist my songs at all, and was relieved when I found out it was available.
  10. Indrigoth Journeyman

Money having weight. I am constantly encumbered as it is...

UI's. As nostalgic as it is to look at old screenshots, I can't imagine playing the game in a tiny little window in the middle of the screen anymore.

Hell levels. I know some people wanted them in...but I think nostalgia is getting the best of them. I remember almost throwing in the towel at level 40 back in 2000. I don't remember how long it ACTUALLY took, but it seemed like months to get through it, looking back.
  11. Bandok Augur

LOL, or "crap, make that three hours, it dropped me in the middle of OoT and my swimming skill is garbage"? Or "Oh no, I disconnected and now I'm on the way back to Freeport..."
  12. Liquid Augur

Before I knew about the translocators I was unable to actually stay on the boat for an entire trip...always dumped me off, felt like a scrub being bullied by pirates.
  13. Claudea Journeyman

Create-All button for tradeskills is 100% awesome (though it makes it a lot easier to accidently blow through all my plat :p).

No weight on coin is nice. Advanced Loot, once I learned how to use it, is also great, especially for soloing (take that silly no-drop items!).
    PathToEternity likes this.
  14. Violin New Member

Item linking is pretty swell.