Camp etiquette these days

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SuedeVeil, May 31, 2015.

1. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

Has camp etiquette changed at all since 1999? Or is it basically whoever gets there first gets the camp, and whoever gets there after can claim the spot when they leave but they can't be on some waiting list and go elsewhere (unless it's a spot in a group)

I noticed the other day 4 people in line for a mob that spawns every 6-8 hours now what I am wondering is if these people leave the camp do they lose their spot or is it saved for them? When I played last it was first come first serve.. no saving of camps for anyone else if they weren't there. If you weren't there waiting you didnt get it. How would someone at the end get that 6-8 hour camp then would they have to wait 24-30 hours for everyone else to get their turn? How would they sleep, if they went AFK for 30 mins they get booted. If that's the case that's some serious dedication.. All I am thinking is if they leave the camp at any point they could lose their spot if someone else shows up, am I right or have things changed?
  2. Myth Elder

since the play nice rules have been changed..and people saw on Fippy just how much they could get away with, people will take over your camp and nothing will be done about it.

used to be a day when this type of behavior was frowned upon by the GM's...but the devs say we have to police ourselves....

how we are to police ourselves is a mystery to me..since the people that usually camp steal belong to a top guild..or control a army of botted characters.
    Misaligned and Indrigoth like this.
  3. Liquid Augur

I hear the droods started a taxi service channel. Maybe we Monks need to start a "train for hire" channel! (Sarcasm, but seriously we could)
    Nindi, Fallfyres, Kirria and 2 others like this.
  4. SuedeVeil Lorekeeper

Yeah but I remember really early in eq1 kill stealing wasn't against the rules, still though reputation on a server mattered and most people wouldn't do it even if you could. Sometimes it was questionable who actually tagged something first and whoever nuked it fastest won.

What I am wondering about is not the official rules but the unwritten rules about camps.. for example if someone is camping a mob and another person shows up after them to wait, would person A be able to say "sorry there's someone else waiting and they will come here when I am done" because to me this is a no-no. Essentially a guild could just keep getting their own members in and camp it. I think it's whoever is physically waiting in the camp spot gets the next spot. Thoughts?
  5. Barton The Mischievous

There are no camps, the old play nice policy was share or we will make you share and you may not like how we make you share.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Training is still against the rules and reportable.
  7. Kellaer Augur

It's shameful that Daybreak is just leaving Ragefire as the Wild West.
  8. Rutaq New Member

Actually the posted rules are so vague that even the act of taking a camp from someone can be reported. You are purposely inconveniencing them by stealing their kills / camp and if you stick around for more than a couple pulls you are trying to monopolize the kills in an area.

Honestly Daybreak's ability to form logical enforceable rules is lacking. The void they left open is just going to cause more and more problems until the man up and establish fair rules or let the players duke it out.

Official rules:

2. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the Game Master involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed.

3. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

o Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

o Deliberately blocking a doorway or narrow area so other players cannot get past.

o Making excessive and inappropriate use of public channels of communications (/shout, /ooc, etc.).

o Intentionally causing excessive zone latency (creating excessive corpses, abusing spell effects, etc.).

o Causing intentional experience loss to other players (deliberately impeding fleeing players by blocking their escape route, intentionally training NPCs on other players, etc.).
  9. RetronX New Member

People can't camp my camp spot. Why?

Cause I use human skills, not macro or bot skills and I control the spawns and know my camp timers, no way they out camping me as i'm on it and clear my corpses. I have no problem policing my own camp, it's simple, don't be a lazy camper.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Rauven Augur

You haven't read the rules yourself yet, have you?

It applies to all servers. The reason wasn't because of the new server. The reason is they cut their GM staff a few months ago. This is why if you accidentally destroy an item, they can't retrieve it. Or if you delete a character, its gone. If a quest bugs, you have to just redo the quest.

They just don't have the people to support the service they used to.
  11. Tamier Augur

No, that was never acceptable, and isn't now either. But again, with the dps wars they can choose to be a jerk. If they do, they should plan on getting trained though.
  12. Tamier Augur

Thats pretty hypocritical since they allow a dps war, training people who walk in and steal your camp/mob should be allowed to be trained. That is the only method available to us to "work it out ourselves", but it doesn't benefit the 6 boxers, and that is who they cater to, so that is why it's still in, to protect them I would imagine.
  13. Ultrazen Augur

The problem with trying to justify bad behavior, with 'it's ok via the rules', is that you can delude yourself into believing that anything is ok. The players set up a mostly agreed upon etiquette early on, and mostly followed it. People that wen't outside the parameters of that setup, were often blacklisted and gained a bad server rep, some of them to the point where continuing play became impossible.

/shrug. For instance, if you were a jerk, you could do things like run to a camp spot you were after, and FD. This is one of the major uses of the FD skill, to bypass mobs and get where you want to go. You could easily argue that you had no idea anyone else was there, and you were just using the skill set your class has, to get to a camp you were after. I'm not really sure how that's any different than walking into a camp that someone already occupies, and out DPSing them, it's pretty much the same amount of rudeness, you're ignoring other people for your own selfish ends. This becomes especially true now that there are no corpse runs.

I find the whole 'might makes right' thing disgusting on any server. The lack of civility and sportsmanship will only really serve to drive all but the worst elements away from the game. You can't appeal to sociopaths by trying to appeal to their sense of fairness, because they don't have one.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Jadefox Augur

"John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"

Seriously though. To all players: Don't be a meanie. It'll pay forward in the long run.

--Jade annoyed with the filter
    Xhieron likes this.
  15. Fallfyres Augur

----------------

Sounds like excellent player-created content creativity to me Liquid; great idea!
  16. Lighteningrod Augur

Drastically.

Camp etiquette now consists of spamming the forums with complaints and hyperbole in the event a camper holder does not immediately turn over all loot and cede control to any passing carpetbagger.
  17. Banuvan Augur

Technically there is no such thing as a camp and DBG condones KSing by not having any rules in place against it.

Now, with the actual rules stated if you are a expect to have people be a to you. If you don't respect others then they won't respect you. The server will get smaller and more than just TL will begin raiding soon. Names are remembered over a long period of time ( I can still name ninja looters, camp stealers, KSers, and general from Tarew Marr back in 99/2000 ) and it will come back to bite you in the most likely.

I know for a fact that if I heard of any of my guild members being douchebags like this they wouldn't be in my guild anymore. If I see it or hear about it from a reliable source then they go on the list. I know my guild isn't going to just sit doing 5 mans forever and I don't want to raid with a single person who does this kind of crap.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  18. Amoeba Augur

For the OP, camp spots have always been first come first serve. If you aren't there waiting to take it right then when it is free, then you probably won't get it. I have never heard of saving a camp spot for someone else in a queue.

As for camping in general. I am lucky so far as to not have had any issues other than zones being over camped with a lack of mobs to pull. Otherwise players have been pretty good at respecting one another and not stealing camps outright.
  19. Potsos76 Augur

Mostly what I'm finding is that the great majority of players are playing as usual--respecting camps/groups rights. However, I'm seeing more d-bags (especially Enchanters) simply walking in, telling us "I'm taking X named mob and then I'll leave" and there's not really anything we can do about it. My group was camping FR in Unrest last night and for the 2nd straight night, a higher level Enchanter came in, said "I'm taking Undead Knight. You can either let me have it and I'll leave or I can Charm it and then ruin your camp all night. You decide." And there's not a lot we can do. Almost every I've run into on this server has been a chanter. It's the best class for griefing.
  20. Dark_Intentions Augur

I've only seen a couple of cases where I could say someone "stole" my mob. Even then, it wasn't a huge deal. 99 percent of the time, people have been as polite as you would expect a crowd of old players that returned. I haven't been trying to camp a named for 10 hours either, but not seeing any problems at all so far.